Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Old May 1, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I see they dropped the fried mushrooms off the LAX menu; that's a shame, that was my favorite dish there.
That's really sad, as I liked them a lot, too. Unlike the soggy fries that came with the burger, they were crispy and tasty.

So the "tuna poke" they tried out on us earlier this month really became a part of the new menu. Nice!
Old May 1, 2019, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by hirohito888
Another issue with LAX Polaris lounge is that the space is small; the bar area and lounging area are close to each other and creates a lot of noise, especially at 8-9pm when lounge is packed with the 2 LAX-Australia flights. Maybe I'm just used to some of the more quiet areas in the SFO or EWR Polaris lounges.
The LAX Polaris dining area is just not very pretty, in a dark corner of the lounge.

As I said before, I wished they would serve the food at the bar, too; particularly when I am traveling without a companion.
HeadInTheClouds likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Liked the eggs Benedict in the lounge. The server was great, he’s the one who’s been in the background of a couple bloggers Polaris photos. Very attentive and seemed like the were happy to be there!

did notice that as previous commenters stated - food takes a bit to get once you order.

dont know about the lax - Australia flights at night but when I was there around 8am for my lax - nrt flight, it wasn’t too bad since I got in earlier from sfo.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Rumples
did notice that as previous commenters stated - food takes a bit to get once you order
Which should be faster in a fast-paced environment like an airport.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I'm having dinner in the LAX Polaris lounge at this very moment! The service is very prompt - I've already had the tuna poke and the lamb chops in < 30 minutes since ordering them.
Both were as good as any food I've eaten in an airport.

I was warned that they ran out of burger buns, so tonight the Polaris Burger would be zero-carb. So far, no takers for that item. among the half dozen or so fellow diners.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Talking

Originally Posted by transportprof
I was warned that they ran out of burger buns, so tonight the Polaris Burger would be zero-carb. So far, no takers for that item. among the half dozen or so fellow diners.
I would love to try a zero-carb polaris burger lol (maybe wrapped in lettuce?) They should add it to the menu - zero-carb alternative available upon request!
iluv2fly and worldclubber like this.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will miss the Boardwalk Benedict w/smoked salmon on the new menu!
Old May 1, 2019, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by bdw1120
I would love to try a zero-carb polaris burger lol (maybe wrapped in lettuce?) They should add it to the menu - zero-carb alternative available upon request!
Would love that too. Made mine zero carb last week, but always feel bad when getting the bun and not eating it. Will ask for it „no carb“ next time.
I'm having dinner in the LAX Polaris lounge at this very moment! The service is very prompt - I've already had the tuna poke and the lamb chops in < 30 minutes since ordering them.
Both were as good as any food I've eaten in an airport.

That‘s interesting: more diners seems to mean faster food. We were there alone in the early afternoon and food took forever to come out. Maybe they reduce staffing of the kitchen when there are no UA long-haul flights.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 2, 2019 at 1:18 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old May 9, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Was at the lounge yesterday after arriving from NRT. - GREAT attentive service, dining room wasn't serving breakfast (we missed it), but ate some of the buffet food. Servers were very attentive (especially one gentleman who made sure to go around and proactively ask if everyone was doing OK". So attentive to the point where one server came into the Phone booth while I was on a conference call to clear my empty plates!!

Everyone seems very happy to be there, even the ladies at the front desk!
tstauck likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
I was there Sunday 5/05 13:00-15:15 before LAX-SFO-TLV (award upgraded 65 hours ahead). Very quiet. More staff than passengers. I began as the only person at the 18-seat restaurant, before one other joined. Food did not take long. Buffet choices were not as many as SFO.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:02 pm

quickest way from TBIT to LAX Polaris lounge

I'll be arriving on UA99 and heading to the Polaris Lounge for a 3 hour layover. What is the fastest/best way to get from TBIT immigration exit to the Polaris Lounge on Monday morning? I have pre-check and wonder which terminal would go fastest to return airside?
Old May 11, 2019, 8:02 pm

I'll be arriving on UA99 and heading to the Polaris Lounge for a 3 hour layover. What is the fastest/best way to get from TBIT immigration exit to the Polaris Lounge on Monday morning? I have pre-check and wonder which terminal would go fastest to return airside?

Pretty sure the fastest way, and the way that LAX staff will push you toward, is to walk outside. Did UA99 recently with a 1:45 domestic connection. With Global Entry, bag claim, bag recheck and walk to terminal 7 we still had about 20 minutes in the PL.
Old May 11, 2019, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by MCIUnitedGuy
Pretty sure the fastest way, and the way that LAX staff will push you toward, is to walk outside. Did UA99 recently with a 1:45 domestic connection. With Global Entry, bag claim, bag recheck and walk to terminal 7 we still had about 20 minutes in the PL.
Sure, but which level will be fastest to walk on, and what terminal will have the shortest security to re-enter to the airside?
Old May 11, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
As noted in the previous post, walk, but walk on the upper level. Too much noise and vehicle exhaust on the lower level.

I find UA's T7 precheck lines to be very manageable. If you enter through any terminal before T6, you will have to use escalators and tunnels to transit between terminals.
Old May 11, 2019, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by 1kBill
As noted in the previous post, walk, but walk on the upper level. Too much noise and vehicle exhaust on the lower level.
My lungs thank you for that advice! But where to re-enter to go airside most quickly?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.