Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Looking forward to checking it out tomorrow--especially since my LAX-EWR flight on 1/24 (connecting to a Polaris flight out of EWR) will likely be boarding before the Polaris Lounge opens.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by nevansm
Not PL related, but Oscar mentioned that the FLL UC will be opening very soon, and that MSY and RDU are getting clubs.
About time in MSY...I have dreaded spending any more time in the terminal than needed given the condition its in + lack of a UC.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by djsflynn
My review, pics and impressions are also up now at https://www.ausbt.com.au/united-airl...os-angeles-lax
Very nice report (as usual), although I suspect SFO might have a thing or two to say about calling LAX T7 United's "Flagship west coast hub".
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Wx4caster
Very nice report (as usual), although I suspect SFO might have a thing or two to say about calling LAX T7 United's "Flagship west coast hub".
Meh. It's just SFO.

David
cesco.g likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

About time in MSY...I have dreaded spending any more time in the terminal than needed given the condition its in + lack of a UC.
The UC will be in the new MSY terminal.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: UA
Initial impressions: it's about 1/2 the size of SFO which I understand but there are a lot of connecting passengers that may eventually fill it up. Dining room is small at 16 seats, service has been excellent so far.

Edit:
They extended breakfast service until 12pm so I wasn't able to try any lunch/dinner entrees. I had the Nutella croissant and chilaquiles. I'd pass on the croissant, just a plain jane Costco croissant with too much Nutella although the fruit was good. Chilaquiles were pretty good though, crispy chips good flavor, not too spicy.

narvik likes this.

Last edited by thejaredhuang; Jan 11, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

About time in MSY...I have dreaded spending any more time in the terminal than needed given the condition it’s in + lack of a UC.
Originally Posted by EWR764

The UC will be in the new MSY terminal.
And, for the next 4+ years, make sure to give yourself extra time to get to the new MSY terminal. If you’re interested, you can read the discussion on this topic in the South Forum. I’m looking forward to the UC at MSY, obviously, but not looking forward to the potential 4+ year traffic nightmare in getting to the new terminal.

edited to add link to South Forum:

New MSY terminal delays & traffic issues

EWR764 likes this.

Last edited by FLYMSY; Jan 11, 2019 at 8:50 pm
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:06 pm

My review, pics and impressions are also up now at https://www.ausbt.com.au/united-airl...os-angeles-lax
Good job and very thorough. Much appreciated.

(A minor point of information: its Tom, not Tim, Bradley, for TBIT.)
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Ag
You can tell its the first day. Food is good, nice variety of drink options, but service is spotty in the dining room. Also, it's way too small. They have a waiting list going for seating. They should serve outside of the dining room. That being said everyone is very friendly, trying hard and excited for the new space.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
(A minor point of information: its Tom, not Tim, Bradley, for TBIT.)
Ta, silly typo due to proximity of O and I keys!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Also, it's way too small. They have a waiting list going for seating. They should serve outside of the dining room.
Yeah, I hd that thought during the media preview there are as many tables along the 'rotunda' wall as there are in the dining room (a bit more, actually) but this I think may be more for the self-serve buffet... the dining room did strike me as very small.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:25 pm

Ta, silly typo due to proximity of O and I keys!
Fat finger syndrome - I suffer from the exact same typo.

I really appreciate the time you put into your report. Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I’m here now. I put my name in for the sit-down dining about 15 minutes ago. They said it would be about a 40-minute wait. If anybody else shows up, I’m in black pants, a blue blouse, and a blue, white, pink and aqua jacket. Brown hair. Female. Probably with my nose in my iPad or phone until I can get into the dining room.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Yeah, I hd that thought during the media preview there are as many tables along the 'rotunda' wall as there are in the dining room (a bit more, actually) but this I think may be more for the self-serve buffet... the dining room did strike me as very small.
Im thinking the preview crowd might be larger than actual crowd when normal admittance policy kicks in?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Here now and impressive! Good service, the main cocktail bar is backed up slightly, although they did offer me another drink while waiting for my cocktail (Paper Plane).

Slightly small but lots of empty seats. FYI - my slot is 2pm, I arrived 30 min early and they let me right in. Pics coming next!

- Tom

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.