Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

List of airlines that earn 200% PQMs in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: findark
Airlines earning (almost) the same PQM in premium cabins as flying UA

Before Jan 1: LX, LH, OS, NH, AC, SN, NZ (all UA JV partners or affiliates) earned 200% of better for all premium fares.

After Jan 1: all the above airlines will earn 200% except in the P/lowest fare class which goes down to 150%. NZ Z (second lowest fare class) will also earn only 150%.
Print Wikipost

List of airlines that earn 200% PQMs in J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Zorak
Maybe this is just that some people's intuition/gut works one way vs. the other but if I were going about this I think I'd find it more useful to enumerate the cases that only earn 150%.
In fact, I'm not sure I understand the exercise at all. When I'm searching for flights, I use googleflights and pick candidates based on carrier/schedule/price. Then if I have a question on UA accruals, I go to the partner page on united.com. Mileage accrual is the last consideration for me, after carrier/schedule/price.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Kacee
In fact, I'm not sure I understand the exercise at all. When I'm searching for flights, I use googleflights and pick candidates based on carrier/schedule/price. Then if I have a question on UA accruals, I go to the partner page on united.com. Mileage accrual is the last consideration for me, after carrier/schedule/price.
That's fine for people who clear their respective thresholds easily and/or have weaned themselves off the status addiction, but e.g. I wouldn't be requalifying as 1K without 200% P fares this year (waiting until Dec 30 to do it too, with about ~3k PQMs and $100 PQDs to spare)
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
That's fine for people who clear their respective thresholds easily and/or have weaned themselves off the status addiction, but e.g. I wouldn't be requalifying as 1K without 200% P fares this year (waiting until Dec 30 to do it too, with about ~3k PQMs and $100 PQDs to spare)
I'll clear AS MVPG on Dec. 26, but that's only because I discovered quite fortuitously that I could credit SQ and CX to AS for a boatload of miles
Zorak likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:42 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Honest non-snarky question: are you intending to ignore deals/search results for airlines not known to be 200% for all biz seats regardless of fare bucket?

Maybe this is just that some people's intuition/gut works one way vs. the other but if I were going about this I think I'd find it more useful to enumerate the cases that only earn 150%.
I'm trying to help a business partner right on the edge plan to reach the 1K milestone. She needs one last business class longhaul, so I'm trying to help her pick an airline & routing that'll cross the threshold (needed 11k PQM EU->Asia). No big deal figuring out the list — but realize at this time there wasn't a single place to check it and you had to look it up on UA's site for each airline.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Ideally there should be a tool where you can enter the origin, destination and fare type (Economy, Business, First) and it would spit out what the milage accrual would be across each itinerary option for each airline's programme (like where to credit but on steroids). I can't do it due to commitments but if anyone with some development knowledge who has a little too much free time on their hands can do it, I suspect the FT community would be forever indebted to you!

Safe Travels,

James
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Ideally there should be a tool where you can enter the origin, destination and fare type (Economy, Business, First) and it would spit out what the milage accrual would be across each itinerary option for each airline's programme (like where to credit but on steroids). I can't do it due to commitments but if anyone with some development knowledge who has a little too much free time on their hands can do it, I suspect the FT community would be forever indebted to you!

Safe Travels,

James
ITA Matrix using the powertools extension does part of that: when you load up an itinerary, it will show you how many RDMs are earned. Unfortunately, it doesn't show EQMs and you need to click all the way through to an itinerary to see the result.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by helvetic
I'm trying to help a business partner right on the edge plan to reach the 1K milestone. She needs one last business class longhaul, so I'm trying to help her pick an airline & routing that'll cross the threshold (needed 11k PQM EU->Asia). No big deal figuring out the list — but realize at this time there wasn't a single place to check it and you had to look it up on UA's site for each airline.
I do EU-Asia often and typically will pick OS, LX, LH and NH to maximize the 200% PQM if I don't find decent SQ fare.If your business partner is flying roundtrip, 11K should be within reach without the PQM bonus. If it is one way, then fly the JV partner airlines.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:25 am
Original Poster

One way, but I found her a LAX routing that gets her just over the limit.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Yes, but you're missing the point.

Let me rephrase: "Which airlines can you fly J-class-of-service and expect to earn 200%+ PQM."

I understand the intricacies of how booking codes and earning per booking code works. That said, it's still useful to know which airlines will let you earn 200% for all business class to quickly evaluate search results and deals.
Why don’t you just call it business class vs J class of service? It’s confusing to use a booking class to denote a class of service. Most people call it business class
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:06 pm

Yes, but you're missing the point.

Let me rephrase: "Which airlines can you fly J-class-of-service and expect to earn 200%+ PQM."

I understand the intricacies of how booking codes and earning per booking code works. That said, it's still useful to know which airlines will let you earn 200% for all business class to quickly evaluate search results and deals.
Effective January 1, 2019 there will be no airlines that will offer 200% in J across all booking classes. If you fly discount J expect to earn 150% PQM (or less). Incidentally, UA's new PY will earn 150% PQM (which is also the case for many * partners as well such as AC).

-James
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One way, but I found her a LAX routing that gets her just over the limit.
LAX is not in the EU or Asia.

Good that she makes it!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

LAX is not in the EU or Asia.

Good that she makes it!
LX… that A snuck in there.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LX… that A snuck in there.
Excellent choice! LX is my favorite European airlines and love the onboard coffee menu!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.