Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA mainline carry-on policies -- First/Business vs economy, domestic vs internation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA mainline carry-on policies -- First/Business vs economy, domestic vs internation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
They do?
They really do. sbm12 is pretty knowledgeable at this sort of thing.

14 CFR 121.589 Carry-on baggage.
(a) No certificate holder may allow the boarding of carry-on baggage on an airplane unless each passenger's baggage has been scanned to control the size and amount carried on board in accordance with an approved carry-on baggage program in its operations specifications.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:27 pm

Ua49 Carry on

guys

my ticket doesn’t have info on carry on for this BOM-EWR flight. Just shows I have two checkin 70lb each in business

can anybody provide how many carry on and weight limit of each

thx
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam007
can anybody provide how many carry on and weight limit of each
It's on their website. One bag, no stated weight limitation, but must fit in the sizers provided.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:35 pm
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
The information from the United website: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/tra...eCarry-On.aspx
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:37 pm

I did see that link but it has no section for business. are business and exonomy same allowance for carryon?
Also are they my fairly lenient at Mumbai airport if each of my checkin is about 74lb

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 16, 2018 at 9:53 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
I did see that link but it has no section for business. are business and exonomy same allowance for carryon?
Yes.

Although practically they are likely to be a bit more lenient for biz pax.

I have never had an issue traveling in coach to Asia (haven't done India) with a sizer compliant (nearly) roll-aboard, a backpack, and (usually) a small sack of reading material. *G/BG 1 or 2.

FWIW, unlike many European airlines, United does not check carryons for weight. If it fits in the sizer (or even if it doesnt) you could have it loaded with lead bricks and it would be allowed.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Also are they my fairly lenient at Mumbai airport if each of my checkin is about 74lb
70 pounds is the breakover to where counter agents have to put a "Heavy" or "Overweight" sticker on the bag. I think everyone will say you can hope for no extra fee, but you can't complain if there is one (having been advised of weight allowances).
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't speak for Mumbai airport in particular, but I would not expect leniency if you're 2 kg over on each bag.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:58 pm

Am I right that food items that have short self life should go into checkin where it’s much colder rather than carryon

Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Generally, yes, the hold is much colder than the overhead. The overhead does get cool, but if you want your food at refrigerator temperature, checking is better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.