Wiki Posts
Search

United iOS Stickers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum
United iOS Stickers

Does anyone know if the United app has any intentions to add United related stickers on their iMessage app? Both AA and DL have stickers on the iOS platform (AA has a "Headed to the Admirals Club" sticker and DL has stickers and gifs, one including the classic DL Biscoff).

Probably not the most pressing issue for UA to prioritize but I found the AA and DL stickers kind of cute and fun.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
The green barf emoji covers this while in IAD.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
UAL is usually way behind in this sort of thing (social media, branding, pop culture, etc.).
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
the app has a built in 'app feedback' feature.
renebt likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:43 pm

Hopefully Oscar can announce these at the next big press conference?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:47 pm

People actually go through the trouble of looking up stickers, downloading them, and then finding them again when sending a message?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by vkng
People actually go through the trouble of looking up stickers, downloading them, and then finding them again when sending a message?
I don't know how the AA and DL stickers were loaded onto my phone (I'm the last person to keep up with technology to be honest) but they were. definitely didn't download them. just curious why united hasn't done the same. like I said, not the most important issue but it was just a question/curiosity.

one of my favorite features with united's app is the standby list/upgrade list and seat map. I find united's map and list views to be much more intuitive and useful than AA and DL. I guess united is just investing more IT resources on app features that actually matter, not like the silly stickers.

it really was a question! if the answer is: "no united has no intentions to build stickers" then so be it!
bman1002 likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 13, 2018 at 3:31 pm Reason: Discuss the issue; not the poster(s)
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by vkng
I find writing out words to express the subject and even emotion works as it has since Og and Grog bonked each other on the head with rocks then drew on the cave walls with a burned stick. I guess those were sort of emoticons so we seem to be going backwards evolutionarily.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bman1002
Hopefully Oscar can announce these at the next big press conference?
Historic!
goodeats21 and drewguy like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I'd just like for the UA app to work... This last version has been terrible at retaining reservations, among other things. I've constantly had to re-add PNRs for already booked trips as the app claims I have nothing booked.

Once they fix that, then by all means, add the stickers.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I'd just like for the UA app to work... This last version has been terrible at retaining reservations, among other things. I've constantly had to re-add PNRs for already booked trips as the app claims I have nothing booked.

Once they fix that, then by all means, add the stickers.
just following the industry leader Apple, which rolls out new emoji with every OS update but doesn’t fix the basic functionality issues.
rmadisonwi likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG

It seems they offer a sticker for sharing flight status but nothing else “fun” like AA.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:54 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by renebt
I don't know how the AA and DL stickers were loaded onto my phone (I'm the last person to keep up with technology to be honest) but they were. definitely didn't download them. just curious why united hasn't done the same. like I said, not the most important issue but it was just a question/curiosity.
stickers are part of their iOS apps if you uninstall Delta/AA apps they will be gone as well.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by RunningforMiles

It seems they offer a sticker for sharing flight status but nothing else “fun” like AA.
They certainly are fun to use . After getting off a long flight, its nice to send someone a cheesy Delta sticker (like I do), rather than "I just landed etc.".

If United does go the sticker route, they should definitely provide differerent status levels with different stickers . Perhaps GS can get special unpublished stickers that only other GS members can see.

Last edited by bman1002; Dec 14, 2018 at 7:57 am Reason: emojis
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: UA Gold (1K 2016–2023 by miracle extensions; RIP 1K status), 1MM
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Same here. But, FWIW, if I click on the yellow bar for account balance/details (requiring login), then toggle back the reservations usually appear. If they don't, I go back to the yellow bar, then click on flights and let them load, there are all my current flights. When I toggle back to the home screen, the flights are still there. Granted they're often gone next time I open the app, but can be accessed again the same way, all without requiring me to re-add them with the PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.