FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Purchasing partner Premium Economy on UA.com (now that UA is selling PP) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1945022-purchasing-partner-premium-economy-ua-com-now-ua-selling-pp.html)

TomMM Dec 5, 2018 9:04 am

Purchasing partner Premium Economy on UA.com (now that UA is selling PP)

I am now seeing UA codeshare fares for LH PE flying MCO-FRA.

Now I need to figure out what R maps to on LH for GPU purposes.

tods27 Dec 5, 2018 9:13 am

Originally Posted by TomMM (Post 30501455)
I am now seeing UA codeshare fares for LH PE flying MCO-FRA.

Ditto for DEN-FRA-DEN. If I look through the connecting flights, it seems that AC is also showing codeshare flights with PE fares. For my search (June 2019) the differential between Y and PE is between $700-$1100. Of course, this is from H to A ($1100) or H to O ($700) and, this far out, the fares are both way higher than I have ever paid on this route.

whitethunder Dec 5, 2018 7:52 pm

I am now seeing way more PP avail and LH premium econ fares showing up on my recent searches to DEL and BOM, looks like more and more things are showing up each day

IADFlyer123 Dec 6, 2018 12:39 pm

United is now selling Premium Economy on Lufthansa in "R" Class. Saw that for an IAD-FRA flight. with Zero PQM/PQS/RDM. OTOH, looking at IAD-TLV, UA is selling premium plus at "R" class as well. Wonder how UA "R" class maps to LH "N", "G", "E" classes!

whitethunder Dec 6, 2018 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123 (Post 30506047)
United is now selling Premium Economy on Lufthansa in "R" Class. Saw that for an IAD-FRA flight. with Zero PQM/PQS/RDM. OTOH, looking at IAD-TLV, UA is selling premium plus at "R" class as well. Wonder how UA "R" class maps to LH "N", "G", "E" classes!

I asked this in the LH GPU thread as I saw the same thing the other day, no confirmed answer yet as I didnt pull the trigger on my ticket, if someone wants to buy one then see what it looks like on the LH site maybe, then cancel with 24 Hrs so we know??

Sykes Dec 6, 2018 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123 (Post 30506047)

UA R fares may be booked into LH N (or Q on routes without Premium Economy)
UA A fares may be booked into LH E (or M on routes without Premium Economy)
UA O fares may be booked into LH G (or B on routes without Premium Economy)
(This shouldn't be particularly surprising, although I found the regular economy codes to be interesting.)

Note that this mapping applies when booking LH flight numbers directly (e.g. if you were to use a UA fare to book SFO-FRA-JNB and the FRA-JNB was a Lufthansa flight number). This usually correlates closely to what codeshares map to, but it's not always exactly the same so a dummy booking would be necessary to confirm it.

(Trying to post this before someone pastes in a RBD table for some fare implying that it applies directly to codeshares.)

maverickar15 Dec 6, 2018 4:01 pm

Can't wait to have the UA PP fare class connected to NH's premium economy now that LH is working.

findark Dec 6, 2018 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by maverickar15 (Post 30506794)
Can't wait to have the UA PP fare class connected to NH's premium economy now that LH is working.

It's basically done except for some codeshares. NH added a new N class and O/A/R maps to G/E/N also.

SS255 Dec 8, 2018 6:30 pm

i was looking at a multi-segment flight in early March, for which my first segment will be LAX-MUC on LH. I haven't seen this posted yet, but ual.com is now allowing booking of PE fares on LH for flights prior to when they will officially be selling PE on their own metal.

I'll have to call to book this flight, as I want to apply a GPU. Hopefully I can successfully list (or better yet, clear) my GPU when I book. I haven't seen any positive reports of people being able to apply UA GPU's to LH PE flights. If nobody reports success, I'll report back after I've booked the flight (probably in the next week).

jsloan Dec 8, 2018 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by SS255 (Post 30514179)
I haven't seen any positive reports of people being able to apply UA GPU's to LH PE flights. If nobody reports success, I'll report back after I've booked the flight (probably in the next week).

The thread about using your GPUs on LH is full of positive examples. You just need to make sure that you book an eligible fare class -- G and E are eligible but N is not.

findark Dec 8, 2018 6:37 pm

LH PE with GPU applied has been my go-to way across the Atlantic for several years, whenever P fares are too high :)

PushingTin Dec 10, 2018 2:17 am

Purchasing partner Premium Economy on UA.com (now that UA is selling PP)

I was just looking at booking some flights on UA. Since I'm FRA-DEN on the return and going DEN-NEU on the way I was looking at just DEN-FRA-DEN. I see that they have Premium Economy- but when I look at the particulars of PQM, PQs - the economy and business earnings look right, but the PE product on LH gives you nothing??? Not even economy miles, segments??? It does give dollars at least.

Kacee Dec 10, 2018 7:47 am

Originally Posted by PushingTin (Post 30517917)
I was just looking at booking some flights on UA. Since I'm FRA-DEN on the return and going DEN-NEU on the way I was looking at just DEN-FRA-DEN. I see that they have Premium Economy- but when I look at the particulars of PQM, PQs - the economy and business earnings look right, but the PE product on LH gives you nothing??? Not even economy miles, segments??? It does give dollars at least.

Where do you see that? It's incorrect. Lufthansa Earnings on UA

dav3d Dec 10, 2018 10:06 am

Originally Posted by dubsheep (Post 30402042)
Hi guys, first post here, let me know if I need to ask somewhere else.

I travel to New Zealand regularly from Houston for work and I'm allowed to book Premium Economy class. I am already at 1K status with United this year, so I have been booking my flights on Air New Zealand's website so I can book Premium Economy. I don't earn PQDs with these flights because I book on Air New Zealand, and so next year I'm not sure how I can hit status without booking through United's website. Currently, I don't think I can book Premium Economy on United's website. I have tried calling ANZ after I booked a flight on United's website, and they aren't able to upgrade United booked tickets to Premium Economy.

Anyone have familiarity with this situation? Any loop holes I'm missing?

I travel to NZ pretty often as well. I am seeing premium economy available from Air New Zealand on united.com for the first time this weekend.

Sterndogg Dec 10, 2018 2:48 pm

Booking LH PE via United.com maps to R??

Playing around with flights BOS-DUB and found one could now book LH PE via Google Flights on United 016 stock. Fare seems to book into R. Has anyone experienced miles posting correctly (or incorrectly for that matter) due to mapping issues on LH metal? I understand United.com is acting as the OTA and agent could not replicate this fare on their end which makes sense. Fare basis code is RLW26NCE. Apologize if old news...
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c4d3dfa59f.png