Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Purchased economy & moved from Premium Plus seat assignment now P+ is purchasable

Purchased economy & moved from Premium Plus seat assignment now P+ is purchasable

Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:19 am
Original Poster

I wondered about them starting to sell Premium Economy in a couple of days. And then I had a hunch.

It is Friday night. They are loading schedule changes. Our SFO-PEK flight in April has been loaded with the new config and we were kicked out of row 20. So if you had an upcoming flight that was going to be affected, you should work on grabbing new seats now. I was moved to 30 on one flight and 31 on another. I think I might move us to 51, since it is a pair...

It looks like the seat map will let you buy up to it, like anything else, but it isn't fully loaded. Cash lists nothing. Miles has no availability, but while it lists 30,000 miles + $600 for a Polaris upgrade, it also lists an unavailable, unlabeled upgrade at 30,000 miles only, so that might be the PE upgrade.

I was really hoping we'd get the better seat for free. Oh well.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Moved from new Premium Plus

I had selected rows 20 and 21 on UA990 SFO-CDG flight which apparently now has Premium Plus. They switched me out after a schedule change. The seats in those row are of course blacked out for me now. Any chance they will put me back? Not sure if status matters here, but I am 1K. Any recourse? Thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tigerwong
I had selected rows 20 and 21 on UA990 SFO-CDG flight which apparently now has Premium Plus. They switched me out after a schedule change. The seats in those row are of course blacked out for me now. Any chance they will put me back? Not sure if status matters here, but I am 1K. Any recourse? Thanks.
Whats the flight date? UA is moving to start marketing the seats (and start charging the premium).
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
June 29th. So it sounds like I am out of luck and should just choose from best remaining E+ seats.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Is there any guidance on Premium Economy seats on domestic routes and how they will be treated. Are they selling them as P+ or just a regular E+ seat.
I have an IAD-SFO flight in March listed as a 777-2 3 class bird & sitting in 21K now in case it switches to Polaris config with P+.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
Is there any guidance on Premium Economy seats on domestic routes and how they will be treated. Are they selling them as P+ or just a regular E+ seat.
I have an IAD-SFO flight in March listed as a 777-2 3 class bird & sitting in 21K now in case it switches to Polaris config with P+.
UA hasn't said anything about domestic routes yet, so I would assume that it will still be E+ (just like the 787-10s starting in Jan on EWR-LAX/SFO).
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
They did not load domestic PE inventory or file domestic PE fares during the system update, so I would expect it to remain E+ for the time being.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by wcj1

It is Friday night. They are loading schedule changes. Our SFO-PEK flight in April has been loaded with the new config and we were kicked out of row 20. So if you had an upcoming flight that was going to be affected, you should work on grabbing new seats now. I was moved to 30 on one flight and 31 on another. I think I might move us to 51, since it is a pair...
I don't know about that. Row 51 is very close to the toilets and there will be traffic going towards there during the whole flight. And the rows in Economy are way closer than in Economy +.

If you get the new configuration, row 30 in the middle section of 4 and row 31 near the windows are the new bulkhead seats. To me that would me more preferable. But in a case like that my wife and I would choose aisle seats, even doing 31C and 31J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.