Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus Fare in GDS (for sale starting 3 Dec 2018, travel after 30 March 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DetroitFlyer
UA PP mini site online, thanks @coolbeans202
http://view.ceros.com/united/premiumplus/p/1
  • United® Premium Plus will be available for sale beginning December 3 for travel March 30 and beyond.
  • Long-haul flights that will offer United® Premium Plus include trans-Pacific flights, trans-Atlantic flights and flights from the U.S. to these South American destinations: Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, São Paulo. For a complete list of planned PP markets, see the press release below.
  • Revenue Premium Plus fare codes are O, A, and R.
  • Award Premium Plus fare code is ON.
  • Upgrade Premium Plus fare code is RN.
  • Earn 150% Premier qualifying miles and 1.5 Premier qualifying segments when you purchase a fare in United® Premium Plus.
  • Upgrade instruments (GPU or miles+cash) can be used to upgrade to PE and/or J. There will be no fare class restriction for Y -> PE upgrades, and no fare class restriction for PE -> J upgrades.
  • If a pax requests an upgrade to either cabin, and clears into the PE cabin, they will remain waitlisted for the J cabin but the instrument will considered used for the PE upgrade (except miles+cash is expected to have a separate upgrade chart and a partial refund will be issued in this case).
  • PE fares will delegate to B (Economy) on UA domestic sectors and will allow free E+, and lowest available up to Y/U/Q on partner metal sectors with a UA code.

United Airlines Announces Sale Date for United® Premium Plus, Airline's Premium Economy Offering

CHICAGO, Nov. 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, United Airlines announced that its newest premium seating, United® Premium Plus will be on sale beginning December 3, for travel on select international flights starting March 30, 2019. The new premium economy experience will be available on 21 routes by the end of May 2019.

"United® Premium Plus gives our customers more options so they can choose the best experience that fits their wants and needs when they travel," said Andrew Nocella, United's executive vice president and chief commercial officer. "United® Premium Plus includes some of our high-end amenities from United Polaris, and is the perfect option for someone who wants an upgraded experience in the Economy cabin."

Customers traveling in United® Premium Plus will enjoy an elevated travel experience before their flight even leaves the ground, receiving complimentary standard checked bags, as well as Premier Access check-in and priority boarding. United will also offer discounted entrance at United ClubSM locations for customers traveling in United® Premium Plus.

For more images visit United's media gallery on the United Hub.

Once on board, customers will enjoy a spacious seat with more legroom, elbow room and recline than a standard Economy Plus® or Economy seat, as well as a hearty welcome meal, mid-flight snacks and a pre-arrival dining service. In addition to beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages, liquor will also be complimentary in United® Premium Plus. Customers will also receive an amenity kit, a Saks Fifth Avenue blanket and plush pillow, as well as noise-reducing headphones, making it easier to enjoy hundreds of hours of entertainment on larger seatback entertainment screens. Seats will also be equipped with individual power and USB outlets, dedicated overhead bins and extra storage for customers to keep devices at hand throughout their entire flight.

United®Premium Plus Aircraft and Routes

The new premium economy seats debuted on select Boeing 777-200ER and 777-300ER aircraft earlier this summer, and United took delivery of its first 787-10 aircraft earlier this month with United Polaris business class and United® Premium Plus seats installed. All aircraft with United® Premium Plus seats also feature the airline's signature United Polaris business class direct-aisle-access seats. On average, United is adding one aircraft with United Polaris business class and United® Premium Plus seating every 10 days from now through 2020.

Awards and Upgrades
In addition to purchasing a United® Premium Plus seat, MileagePlus members will have the option to book award travel in United® Premium Plus by using their MileagePlus miles. For upgrades, either a single Global Premier Upgrade or a MileagePlus Upgrade Award can be used to move up to a United® Premium Plus seat or to United's Polaris business class cabin. For more information on United's premium economy experience visit united.com/PremiumPlus.
Print Wikipost

Premium Plus Fare in GDS (for sale starting 3 Dec 2018, travel after 30 March 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA
I first saw Premium Plus seats in December on a flight to asia, they actually wanted to talk me into one of those seats during check-in, but i was waitlisted for a real polaris seat and got the upgrade on the gate ;-)

According to the flight personnel, the seats are currently free for 1K when available because they do have standard economy food service right now. Supposedly that food service will be like/similar? to business class food service once they officially introduce the service.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by boycruz
I am 1K and traveling to NRT in late January and early March
Ive selected Premium Plus seats
Will these seats stay assigned to me as 1K for free if anyone
has any experience
Yes, subject to reassignment in case of swap to a non PP aircraft. Which is very possible.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Long existing thread (begun in November) on this topic Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, subject to reassignment in case of swap to a non PP aircraft. Which is very possible.
but if you in 19L on premium plus
does united's system keep you in 19L for economy plus
if aircraft swapped?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
if aircraft swapped?
Yes if a 772 or 773 (see Interim 77x seatmaps with Polaris seats & potentially Premium Economy (2018-19)))

But the 772 Economy section starts in row 20... which seat map does your flight have?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
..... Are they delivering the perks of the product yet? ie plated meals and pillows etc?
Prior to flights with PP being formally sold, the service for those seats will be standard economy cabin service.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
if aircraft swapped?
lol, you could wind up anywhere.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Originally Posted by getagb

Yes if a 772 or 773 (see Interim 77x seatmaps with Polaris seats & potentially Premium Economy (2018-19)))

But the 772 Economy section starts in row 20... which seat map does your flight have?
4 flights in january and march have the PP seatmap starting row 19 for 77W aircraft
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I booked SFO/BCN in L for late June and the upgrades offered to me are $1,100 for Premium Plus or $1320 for Polaris. PP seems quite high, no?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:09 pm

UA Now Offering PP on SFO-ICN

I saw this alluded to in another thread . . . while SFO-ICN was not initially identified by UA as a dedicated PP route, UA is now selling PP on the 772 operated SFO-ICN flights. The RT R fare is only $250 higher than the W.

This means the flight will also have the Polaris seat in J. ^
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Any updates on the cost in miles/copay for upgrades to Premium Plus or award flights in PP? The award charts aren't updated and the premium plus website just has links to the MP award charts.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by tods27
Any updates on the cost in miles/copay for upgrades to Premium Plus or award flights in PP? The award charts aren't updated and the premium plus website just has links to the MP award charts.
You can just do a dummy search and it will tell you. IIRC it's quite reasonable to go from Y to PE, and very steep from PE to J.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by findark
You can just do a dummy search and it will tell you. IIRC it's quite reasonable to go from Y to PE, and very steep from PE to J.
*SIGH* Would it be so hard for them to just update the d*mn award charts? They clearly have the information.

I've never done the dummy search for upgradeable fares. Nice to know that it shows fare + miles needed to upgrade on the results screen. I truly do learn something every day I do seem to remember seeing somewhere that there are no copays to get to PP and that is what showed in my search. I find it annoying that the upgrade US-Europe is 20K miles to PP and 20K miles plus steep copay (depending on fare, of course) to J. I like the LH system. 30K Y-PE and 50K Y-J. I truly hate the co-pay thing.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA, LH, BA
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Prior to flights with PP being formally sold, the service for those seats will be standard economy cabin service.

can cofirm that... I was in 20L on 777-300ER with new Preimum Plus seating.

Obviously the seats were great... way better than sitting in domestic narrowbody first class.

but the food was identical to what was served in E+ and E-.(which means the same barely edible tray of "food")
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
To add a data point, I'm evaluating options to ICN, and award travel for my date is 35K miles in coach and 135K miles in PE, despite all PE fare classes showing as available (O9 ON9 A9 R9 RN9). I decided to book an award ticket in coach to see if upgrade options existed. After booking, I can upgrade to PE for $433, but no miles option is given. The cash price seems reasonable, especially for non-elites because it also allows selection of E+ seats on flights without PE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.