Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus Fare in GDS (for sale starting 3 Dec 2018, travel after 30 March 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DetroitFlyer
UA PP mini site online, thanks @coolbeans202
http://view.ceros.com/united/premiumplus/p/1
  • United® Premium Plus will be available for sale beginning December 3 for travel March 30 and beyond.
  • Long-haul flights that will offer United® Premium Plus include trans-Pacific flights, trans-Atlantic flights and flights from the U.S. to these South American destinations: Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, Săo Paulo. For a complete list of planned PP markets, see the press release below.
  • Revenue Premium Plus fare codes are O, A, and R.
  • Award Premium Plus fare code is ON.
  • Upgrade Premium Plus fare code is RN.
  • Earn 150% Premier qualifying miles and 1.5 Premier qualifying segments when you purchase a fare in United® Premium Plus.
  • Upgrade instruments (GPU or miles+cash) can be used to upgrade to PE and/or J. There will be no fare class restriction for Y -> PE upgrades, and no fare class restriction for PE -> J upgrades.
  • If a pax requests an upgrade to either cabin, and clears into the PE cabin, they will remain waitlisted for the J cabin but the instrument will considered used for the PE upgrade (except miles+cash is expected to have a separate upgrade chart and a partial refund will be issued in this case).
  • PE fares will delegate to B (Economy) on UA domestic sectors and will allow free E+, and lowest available up to Y/U/Q on partner metal sectors with a UA code.

United Airlines Announces Sale Date for United® Premium Plus, Airline's Premium Economy Offering

CHICAGO, Nov. 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, United Airlines announced that its newest premium seating, United® Premium Plus will be on sale beginning December 3, for travel on select international flights starting March 30, 2019. The new premium economy experience will be available on 21 routes by the end of May 2019.

"United® Premium Plus gives our customers more options so they can choose the best experience that fits their wants and needs when they travel," said Andrew Nocella, United's executive vice president and chief commercial officer. "United® Premium Plus includes some of our high-end amenities from United Polaris, and is the perfect option for someone who wants an upgraded experience in the Economy cabin."

Customers traveling in United® Premium Plus will enjoy an elevated travel experience before their flight even leaves the ground, receiving complimentary standard checked bags, as well as Premier Access check-in and priority boarding. United will also offer discounted entrance at United ClubSM locations for customers traveling in United® Premium Plus.

For more images visit United's media gallery on the United Hub.

Once on board, customers will enjoy a spacious seat with more legroom, elbow room and recline than a standard Economy Plus® or Economy seat, as well as a hearty welcome meal, mid-flight snacks and a pre-arrival dining service. In addition to beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages, liquor will also be complimentary in United® Premium Plus. Customers will also receive an amenity kit, a Saks Fifth Avenue blanket and plush pillow, as well as noise-reducing headphones, making it easier to enjoy hundreds of hours of entertainment on larger seatback entertainment screens. Seats will also be equipped with individual power and USB outlets, dedicated overhead bins and extra storage for customers to keep devices at hand throughout their entire flight.

United®Premium Plus Aircraft and Routes

The new premium economy seats debuted on select Boeing 777-200ER and 777-300ER aircraft earlier this summer, and United took delivery of its first 787-10 aircraft earlier this month with United Polaris business class and United® Premium Plus seats installed. All aircraft with United® Premium Plus seats also feature the airline's signature United Polaris business class direct-aisle-access seats. On average, United is adding one aircraft with United Polaris business class and United® Premium Plus seating every 10 days from now through 2020.

Awards and Upgrades
In addition to purchasing a United® Premium Plus seat, MileagePlus members will have the option to book award travel in United® Premium Plus by using their MileagePlus miles. For upgrades, either a single Global Premier Upgrade or a MileagePlus Upgrade Award can be used to move up to a United® Premium Plus seat or to United's Polaris business class cabin. For more information on United's premium economy experience visit united.com/PremiumPlus.
Print Wikipost

Premium Plus Fare in GDS (for sale starting 3 Dec 2018, travel after 30 March 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Seems like the GPU page is fully updated to reflect Premium Plus. However, in the notes it states:

I read to that say that if you waitlist for both Premium Plus and Polaris, that if Polaris doesn't clear you'll get the GPU back even if upgraded to PP.

Could very well be an oversight by not updating that section of the page, though.
this is the same language used before. what it is really saying is if you itinerary is ORD-SFO-PEK, you apply a GPU for both segments, you only got the upgrade on ORD-SFO, but not on SFO-PEK, your GPU is redeposited.

United is quite clear in that you have the option to choose either to upgrade to PP/Polaris or Polaris only from economy. If you choose to upgrade to PP/Polaris, if you only got PP, your GPU is used. If you choose to upgrade to Polaris only, and you didn't get it, you sit in economy and of course your GPU is redeposited.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
The following sounds like you cannot use a single GPU to upgrade a deep discount (STLKG) fare to PE on the overwater segment and also to F on the domestic sector. This would require two instruments:

Members requesting to move to a United® Premium Plus seat only and who have domestic portions of their itinerary will not be automatically waitlisted for United First. To be waitlisted for United First on domestic portions of an international itinerary, use your Global Premier Upgrade to request an upgrade to the United Polaris business class cabin.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver
I apologize if this was answered already, but couldn't find it from the wiki.

Does anybody know buying international premium plus would grant lounge access?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maverickar15

From the marketing material, the answer is that they will be offering a "discount" on United Club access. Definitely no Polaris access. I haven't seen any reports on how big the discount is though.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by maverickar15

The email I got said “Discounted United Club access”
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K3M, Marriott(SPG) Lifetime Plat
This is so beyond confusing.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
So did some bookings last night and experienced the ability to purchase PP. One flight was PP and two flights were "W".

Applied GPUs to the flights and one of the "W" flights had the option of using the GPU to PP and J which I did as it is a morning TATL flight and I am happy in E+ for those flights. Some flights are worth the "premium" to PP and some are not.

Found the UG screen a little confusing at first but that may have been because it was after midnight when I did the bookings but I will get the hang of it. Note the tab for the UG says MUA, which is one of the options but it is miles and insturments.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:08 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I see in the wiki, as well as some dummy bookings I’ve looked at...

But no discussion so far on paid PP tix where there is a domestic connection. I heard Delta’s product generally grants you a seat in F on the domestic portion...Or at least it was starting out that way when they rolled out the program...On UA, looks like you’re in B class...But certainly not booked into domestic F.

So, does that mean that the Y/B (M) instant upgrades would apply? I’m not super familiar with how they work, but hoping there’s a good chance for an upgrade...Certainly better than non-existent CPUs these days on an ORD-SFO/LAX and back.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I heard Delta’s product generally grants you a seat in F on the domestic portion...Or at least it was starting out that way when they rolled out the program...On UA, looks like you’re in B class...But certainly not booked into domestic F.
That benefit went away over the summer with DL... now domestic connections book into W, which is a Comfort+ fare.

I think UA offers a more compelling value proposition with a B fare, especially for elites.
MBS MillionMiler likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:37 pm
GDL

Programs: VB, UA, AM
Can anyone verify the new fare class structure? The updated 'pecking order' if you will.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by GDL
Can anyone verify the new fare class structure? The updated 'pecking order' if you will.
For revenue, it's:

Business: J, C, D, Z, P (unchanged, at least since the restructure earlier this year)
Premium Economy: O, A, R
Economy: Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G, N (unchanged)

And, as noted before, from an upgrade pecking order standpoint all Premium Economy to Business upgrades are processed before Economy to Business upgrades (so a non-elite on a R fare will clear before a 1K on a Y fare).
GDL likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K

But no discussion so far on paid PP tix where there is a domestic connection. I heard Delta’s product generally grants you a seat in F on the domestic portion...Or at least it was starting out that way when they rolled out the program...On UA, looks like you’re in B class...But certainly not booked into domestic F.

So, does that mean that the Y/B (M) instant upgrades would apply? I’m not super familiar with how they work, but hoping there’s a good chance for an upgrade...Certainly better than non-existent CPUs these days on an ORD-SFO/LAX and back.
Can confirm that my domestic connection booked into B w associated fare class bonuses and instant upgrades.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found

UA metal segments without PE will delegate to B (all PE fare classes), which includes 150% PQM and instant upgrades (to PN class for 1K) which are a substantially better chance than a normal CPU. However, it definitely pays to find domestic PN space.
MBS MillionMiler likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by findark
UA metal segments without PE will delegate to B (all PE fare classes), which includes 150% PQM and instant upgrades (to PN class for 1K) which are a substantially better chance than a normal CPU. However, it definitely pays to find domestic PN space.
B also includes complementary Economy Plus on all routes that I've spot-checked, which is a nice addition to those non-elites buying expensive economy fares.
jsloan likes this.

Last edited by Sykes; Dec 6, 2018 at 10:48 am
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The odds of the codeshare O/A/R not posting as G/E/N are nil. Yes, I'm aware it's not technically the same thing, but it still seems beyond any doubt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.