Search

Chase United Points Not Posting

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K
Chase United Points Not Posting

Hey All,

Has anyone had any experience with United points earned through Chase Credit Card not posting on their MileagePlus account? I have a Chase MileagePlus Club Card that earns 1.5 miles per dollar spent. What's weird is that each month, the United miles are posted as two separate line items in my United Account - one line item is 1 point per dollar spent, and the other line item is .5 points per dollar spent.

My miles were supposed to hit 11/8, and the .5 miles line item did hit. However, the 1 mile per dollar spent still hasn't hit, and it's been nearly 3 weeks. I've contacted United and Chase, and both just give me the run around. Not sure how to deal with this, but thinking about switching cards...

Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lincoln841
... My miles were supposed to hit 11/8, and the .5 miles line item did hit. However, the 1 mile per dollar spent still hasn't hit, and it's been nearly 3 weeks. I've contacted United and Chase, and both just give me the run around. Not sure how to deal with this, but thinking about switching cards... ...
Seems a bit premature to give up so soon and the Chase MP cards are the only cards to earn UA miles -- although many like the flexibility of Chase UR (but you lose the bag waiver, improved award access and premier access).

Have you communicated with Chase via the secure messaging app on the site where you manage your card? This has been the most effective way for many to communicate with Chase.

Looks like my two MP UA cards miles posted fine last week.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by lincoln841
Hey All,

Has anyone had any experience with United points earned through Chase Credit Card not posting on their MileagePlus account? I have a Chase MileagePlus Club Card that earns 1.5 miles per dollar spent. What's weird is that each month, the United miles are posted as two separate line items in my United Account - one line item is 1 point per dollar spent, and the other line item is .5 points per dollar spent.

My miles were supposed to hit 11/8, and the .5 miles line item did hit. However, the 1 mile per dollar spent still hasn't hit, and it's been nearly 3 weeks. I've contacted United and Chase, and both just give me the run around. Not sure how to deal with this, but thinking about switching cards...

Thanks!
I have had the same card (Club Card) for YEARS and they post them like clock work. However, I will indeed double check last and next statements. It may be some start up glitch, it seems like the card is new to you. My miles post the same way, Remember some dollars spent get you more points than others ( i.e. those charges with UA) .
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
I"ve had the card for at least 5 years, and never have had a delay in posting miles. We'll see, December 1 is my statement date. I'll be sure to check. And I charged a TON in November...….
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
never had an issue with this

I have had such cards for years and never had an issue
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
I have the Biz card, and there is always a 3-4 day lag from Statement close to posting. Not sure why.
AmEx is SO much better at posting points super prompt.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K
My points just posted this morning. For what it's worth, they were supposed to hit 11/8/2018, and thats when my .5 miles hit. Took 3 weeks for the 1 point to hit, and I called Chase again yesterday and they told me they'd investigate and it was the first time they'd seen something like that. It was a lot of points (7 figures), but a 3 week delay and a call requiring an investigation seems like a glitch.

Thanks for the support!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by leiserom
I have had such cards for years and never had an issue
same here
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:14 am

My bonus miles have not been posted

Hi All,
I want to follow up with this thread. So in my first month of billing I hit enough spending for the 50,000 bonus miles. Once the statement hit the points related to spending were credited promptly, but the 50,000 bonus points have not.

I tried Chase messaging and got a response along the lines of "huh? That's odd."

This is the Business card, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Dusting off an old thread. Anyone have this issue recently with UA miles from a new UA card not showing up in the UA account several days after the statement closed?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
What is "several days"? 2? 4, 5?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What is "several days"? 2? 4, 5?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:33 pm

Contact Chase on their Secure Messaging system in the credit card account. Double check the UA MP account.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I am still waiting for March miles to post. My statement date is the 8th of the month and in my experience mileage usually shows up 1-2 days afterwards. I sent a message to Chase and they said it could take up to 30 days
Old Mar 15, 2024, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Contact Chase on their Secure Messaging system in the credit card account. Double check the UA MP account.
I called and they opened a ticket....

Originally Posted by GoPUBoilers
I am still waiting for March miles to post. My statement date is the 8th of the month and in my experience mileage usually shows up 1-2 days afterwards. I sent a message to Chase and they said it could take up to 30 days
I'm in the same boat, so at least you're not alone.
GoPUBoilers likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.