Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Bonus Award Miles (RDM) - 3x fare on Flights to HKG & SIN, 5x EWR-MEX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerTalker70
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Just came across this whilst browsing the United website for offers form Europe back to the mainland:

Earn extra award miles on flights between the U.S. and Hong Kong through February 28, 2019 (registration required).

Unsure if it was discussed elsewhere but thought I'd post it up!

Safe Travels,

James
Xyzzy, riphamilton and drewguy like this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Thanks for posting. I have 2 RT flights already booked, so I won't be able to take advantage of the promo, which states:
To earn the bonus, you must register for this offer prior to booking and completing a qualifying flight
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I got this email, as well as one for SIN - although for SIn, it was specifically only for economy tickets, not business...
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I got this email, as well as one for SIN - although for SIn, it was specifically only for economy tickets, not business...
can you share the SIN link please? I only got the HKG one. Too bad it is only coach. Any other ones out there right now?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Guessing it wouldn't make sense due to the 75k max out
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
can you share the SIN link please? I only got the HKG one. Too bad it is only coach. Any other ones out there right now?
https://promotions.united.com/offers/singaporeoffer
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
SIN: united.com/singaporeoffer

HKG: united.com/HKGoffer
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
I have a HKG itin on farelock, and I just registered for this offer. Do I need to create a new HKG itin or should I be ok to get the bonus? The itin was created a couple days ago.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by n198ua
I have a HKG itin on farelock, and I just registered for this offer. Do I need to create a new HKG itin or should I be ok to get the bonus? The itin was created a couple days ago.
ticketing date
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Looks like it is targeting promo and I can’t register... Others seeing same thing?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by anandrag
Looks like it is targeting promo and I can’t register... Others seeing same thing?
Does not mention being targeted in the T&Cs
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Using either link in the wiki, tried just now and was able to register both myself and my wife separately.

David
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Thanks for posting. I have 2 RT flights already booked, so I won't be able to take advantage of the promo, which states:
To earn the bonus, you must register for this offer prior to booking and completing a qualifying flight
Just came across this deal, and at first I was disappointed that I too saw the part about having to register first, but then realized that with the fare that I paid, it would only increase my award miles from 1521 miles to 2028 miles, so I'm not really missing out on much! ^

However, that actually just made me think of something...when I booked the flight, I was UA Platinum, but I'll be 1K when I actually take the trip. Out of curiosity, does RDM get calculated based on time of booking, or when flown?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Out of curiosity, does RDM get calculated based on time of booking, or when flown?
It's based on your elite status when flown.
mpiotrow likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Using either link in the wiki, tried just now and was able to register both myself and my wife separately.

David
Strangely worked when did on iPad but didn’t on iPhone.
I had trip to SIN last week though. Ugh. Wonder whether any chance to get retroactive credit...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.