Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Bonus Award Miles (RDM) - 3x fare on Flights to HKG & SIN, 5x EWR-MEX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerTalker70
Print Wikipost

Bonus Award Miles (RDM) - 3x fare on Flights to HKG & SIN, 5x EWR-MEX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Is the 3X only for the US-HKG leg or does it include all segments on the itinerary/trip?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by 100% Green
Is the 3X only for the US-HKG leg or does it include all segments on the itinerary/trip?
Obviously a late reply, but the T&Cs say the following

1. 3x the fare* will be awarded for qualifying flights between the U.S. and Hong Kong (HKG). Connections to/from Hong Kong (HKG) and within the United States are also eligible for bonus miles. Bonus does not apply to any upper cabin fare multiplier.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:25 am

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
For those that signed up for and flew this bonus: how long did it take for your bonus to appear ? I flew in early December and my bonus hasn't shown up yet. Should I contact UA or wait a few more weeks ?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:58 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by n198ua
For those that signed up for and flew this bonus: how long did it take for your bonus to appear ? I flew in early December and my bonus hasn't shown up yet. Should I contact UA or wait a few more weeks ?
Looks like you will be waiting a bit more than a few weeks

The T&Cs for the promo is the best place to start.
Such as for the HKG promo it states
. Bonus award miles will be credited within six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on February 28, 2019.
and the SIN bonus states
10. Bonus award miles will be credited within six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on May 31, 2019
and for completenes the MEX bonus
10. Bonus award miles will be credited within six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on May 31, 2019.
Note UA may post the bonus sooner but it could easily be as late as what the T&Cs state

You should always capture a copy the promos T&Cs becuase they can disappear at the end of the promo before the miles post. BTW, the T&Cs are still available as the promo are still alive -- links in this thread's wiki.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 31, 2019 at 2:04 am Reason: where to find the links to T&Cs
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Looks like you will be waiting a bit more than a few weeks

<snip>
Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Mine have posted within a day of the flight posting including connecting segments . I also got the bonus for my flight to goose bay
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by IAHMCI
Mine have posted within a day of the flight posting including connecting segments . I also got the bonus for my flight to goose bay
That's interesting. I've never requested missing mileage credit before so idk what to expect. I see I put in my ticket number and that's pretty much it, so there's no way for me to explain I'm just looking for the bonus. My actual miles posted almost same day, as always.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
That's interesting. I've never requested missing mileage credit before so idk what to expect. I see I put in my ticket number and that's pretty much it, so there's no way for me to explain I'm just looking for the bonus. My actual miles posted almost same day, as always.
Indeed. I flew HKG-SFO-MCI on 12/11 and have not received any additional RDMs from this promotion. Took about 36 hours for those miles to post, which seems usual with UA (wish they could be like PMAA and post the same day....)
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
I'm looking at an itinerary that involves GUM-HKG. Does anyone know if that segment is considered "between the United States and Hong Kong (HKG)", as the T&Cs state? I can't find anything that specifically states that one way or another...
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I'm looking at an itinerary that involves GUM-HKG. Does anyone know if that segment is considered "between the United States and Hong Kong (HKG)", as the T&Cs state? I can't find anything that specifically states that one way or another...
I’d email the MileagePlus service center (or call, though it won’t be in writing...) and see what they say.. UA seems to consider GUM as part of “Oceania”, so my guess is it would not qualify for the promotion.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Indeed. I flew HKG-SFO-MCI on 12/11 and have not received any additional RDMs from this promotion. Took about 36 hours for those miles to post, which seems usual with UA (wish they could be like PMAA and post the same day....)
You flew to SFO with me!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Obviously a late reply, but the T&Cs say the following
  1. 3x the fare* will be awarded for qualifying flights between the U.S. and Hong Kong (HKG). Connections to/from Hong Kong (HKG) and within the United States are also eligible for bonus miles. Bonus does not apply to any upper cabin fare multiplier.
Thanks. So just to clarify - if I have a trip AAA-HKG-BBB-CCC-DDD-EEE-FFF all on one ticket should all flights get the 3X?

What if BBB-CCC-DDD-EEE are on partner airlines?

I ask because I received bonus for most of my recent flights, including those on partner airlines, but had a misconnect that required ORC, and did not receive the 3X on the correct ORC part of the itinerary.

All of mine show up the following day. They show up as "MileagePlus Bonus Miles".
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 100% Green
Thanks. So just to clarify - if I have a trip AAA-HKG-BBB-CCC-DDD-EEE-FFF all on one ticket should all flights get the 3X?

What if BBB-CCC-DDD-EEE are on partner airlines?....
This is what the T&Cs say
To earn the bonus, you must register for this offer prior to booking and completing a qualifying flight. A “qualifying flight” satisfies each of the following:
(i) includes a segment between the United States and Hong Kong (HKG),
(ii) complies with the ticketing and travel dates listed below,
(iii) is operated by United or United Express (offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers) and
(iv) must be booked in paid Economy or paid Business fare classes.
See the HKG promo T&Cs for more restrictions
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This is what the T&Cs say
Interesting, definitely received it for partner flights except for the one where I misconnected...

Based on those T&C's though I don't think I will be calling in.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked my account and the additional 3x RDMs for my HKG-SFO-MCI trip in December have posted. They back dated it to December 11th, 2018, which was the same day as my flights. No explanation on my account summary what they’re for; just shows ‘MileagePlus Bonus Miles’.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.