Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Partner P fare earning after 1 Jan 2019

Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chebert999
I red on UA that only tickets purchased before a certain date will received 200%. I don't remember the date but I think it was Sept 28 as I purchased a ticket Oct 4 and it shows 150%.
See quote in wiki of Updates to MP Premier Program -1K PQD $15K, P fare 150%, fewer RPU, Bag waiver & more
Originally Posted by mrt88
Good news! I got written confirmation from 1kvoice on the below:
We will honor 200% Premier Qualifying Mile (PQM) accrual for tickets purchased before September 28, 2018 for travel on/after January 1, 2019.

A manual adjustment to 200% PQM accrual for P-fare flown segments can be made post-departure at the customers request.
Any tickets purchased after September 28, 2018, for travel on/after January 1, 2019 are only eligible to receive 150% PQM accrual.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:36 pm

Milage Accrual Changes on *

Hey UAFlyers,

Today I got a ton of alerts from my UA milage accrual monitoring service and thought I'd share them with you:Sorry for being the bearer of bad news here but thought I'd share it now that it seems like all JV partners have followed suit in the great PQM devaluation of 2018!

Safe Travels,

James

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 25, 2018 at 10:59 pm Reason: merged into exisiting discussion of the changes
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Good to have this confirmed, but with the exception of the AirNZ changes this should come as a surprise to nobody. There's no way UA was going to give more PQM for partner flights (even JV) than their own flights.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Oh come on, are we back to taking cheap shots at NZ already? That's disappointing, although if I recall, UA is starting year round AKL service aren't they?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum One, United 1K 2MM
There seems to be more updates with Jan 1st 2019 tables loaded. Air NZ for me is the biggie. J & Z class back to 150% from 200% Premier Qualifying Miles. I get the J class change as it it Air NZ's version of P class but to bounce Z in there as well I think is a bit mean. Z has remained in the higher earning with the LH group and Air Canada.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 3, 2018 at 8:59 am Reason: moved to consolidated thread
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
I'm aware that UA is honouring 200% PQM earrnings for P fare class on UA if booked before Sept 28. Is anyone aware of something similar for partner P class earnings (ie. for a ticket for flights post Jan 1 but booked before the changes to the award chart in November)?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by a9504477
I'm aware that UA is honouring 200% PQM earrnings for P fare class on UA if booked before Sept 28. Is anyone aware of something similar for partner P class earnings (ie. for a ticket for flights post Jan 1 but booked before the changes to the award chart in November)?
check the 'changes to P fares' thread. There are many examples of UA honoring this. But it is not written policy so YMMV.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by cfischer
check the 'changes to P fares' thread. There are many examples of UA honoring this. But it is not written policy so YMMV.
I looked there first but didn't find anything re honoring the 200% PQM for partner P fares except your reply. Did you get the 200% PQM for flights booked prior to Sept 28 or after Sept 28 but before when they announced the changes on the partner earning pages (sometime in November)?

My flights fall in the latter category (the flights are in June but booked last Oct); I contacted 1Kvoice and they said no and that i would earn only 150% PQM.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by a9504477
I looked there first but didn't find anything re honoring the 200% PQM for partner P fares except your reply. Did you get the 200% PQM for flights booked prior to Sept 28 or after Sept 28 but before when they announced the changes on the partner earning pages (sometime in November)?

My flights fall in the latter category (the flights are in June but booked last Oct); I contacted 1Kvoice and they said no and that i would earn only 150% PQM.
There are a handful of reports of success, but there's no official statement as there is with respect to flights on UA metal, and the traditional approach (with occasional exception) has been to enforce no-notice changes to partner earnings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.