Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App Not Showing Global Upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services
Unhappy United App Not Showing Global Upgrades!

The United app doesn't seem to be showing ANY global upgrades for ANY flights the past couple weeks. On the standby list I see check marks but never seen the check mark on any of the flights on the upgrade list for international flights. Anyone noticing that? Is their system just down or is no one actually getting upgraded from the list? I checked at least 50 international flights over the past week and not a single one was showing check marks for the upgrade list. It's too bizarre that no was getting upgraded on any international route.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roseallday
Is their system just down or is no one actually getting upgraded from the list?
They seem to have made yet another change to hide cleared upgrades in many / most cases, even if they occur at the gate. (Non-CPU flights have never shown passengers who got upgraded in advance).
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Oh really? I thought I checked once a couple months ago and check marks were shown in the upgrade list for some international flights...
Currently, the standby list is showing the check marks for international flights and I've seen a few clear into Polaris Business
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
GS CPU upgrades don't show up on the list either (at least mine dont - like last nights IAD-LAX flight). Upgrade went through Saturday. Never showed my name w checkmarks.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh really? I thought I checked once a couple months ago and check marks were shown in the upgrade list for some international flights...
Only for people who cleared after check-in. People who cleared before check-in were never shown.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Gotcha. Then check marks should still be showing for the ones who got upgraded after check-in right? Someone posted on another thread that they got upgraded after boarding but no check marks showed for anyone. The app made it look like business class was fully booked and no one got upgraded. He/she didn't find out about the upgrade until after refreshing the app and checking the boarding pass. The gate agent did not inform anyone of upgrades and it was not shown on the app or TV.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Currently, the standby list is showing the check marks for international flights and I've seen a few clear into Polaris Business
Those are most likely people who are upgraded after check-in starts. People upgraded prior to start of check-in usually don't show as upgraded. This has been standard for non-CPU eligible routes and now extends to CPU-eligible routes.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gotcha. Then check marks should still be showing for the ones who got upgraded after check-in right?
That was the way it worked a week ago, yes. I think they've changed it.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsloan
That was the way it worked a week ago, yes. I think they've changed it.
Ohh is this an official change they've made? I was hoping it was a system glitch that they were going to fix! That would be annoying to not show any upgrades post check-in for international flights...
Old Nov 12, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ohh is this an official change they've made? I was hoping it was a system glitch that they were going to fix!
An "official" change? No. But they've been decreasing transparency on the upgrade process recently, so I wouldn't hold my breath on any particular glitch being fixed.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
I started a separate thread on this earlier. I was upgraded about 3-4 hours before the flight yesterday IAH-SCL, and remained on the upgrade waitlist with no checkmark next to my name. At least two others were upgraded after boarding, yet the flight took off with the list showing booked full and checked in full and no one upgraded from the waitlist. I was #1 , so I at least knew to keep looking, but if you were a bit further down the list you would have no idea what your true spot on the list was.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
there have been many many threads on this topic. I have alerted a moderator that we should combine them. Clearly a system glitch that has been ongoing since the alphabet soup changed.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Maybe I’m missing something here, but my experiences don’t correlate with previous posters’. For years I have used GPUs to upgrade months in advance ex-SYD and my name always comes up on the upgrade list online or in the app once the list appears a few days before departure. Haven’t don’t it since May 2018 though.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
Maybe I’m missing something here, but my experiences don’t correlate with previous posters’. For years I have used GPUs to upgrade months in advance ex-SYD and my name always comes up on the upgrade list online or in the app once the list appears a few days before departure. Haven’t don’t it since May 2018 though.
This has started in the last 3-4 weeks
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
Upgrades that cleared In advance on long-haul routes didn't appear on the upgrade list. I'm not sure what you saw, but I looked at quite a few upgrade lists and nobody ever showed up on them, including myself, prior to check-in. The only people who ever showed up on the upgrade list for a long-haul flight were those who hadn't been upgraded yet at the time they were added to the list -- and now even this is broken.

CPU-eligible flights, like a connecting flight to/from LAX/SFO? Yes. But not the long-hauls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.