Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Upgraded (GPU) but still showing on upgrade waitlist?

Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM

I flew IAH-SCL last night. On a B fare, I was #1 on the upgrade list from checkin. At about 3-4 hours out from the flight I noticed that the cabin went from 25 to 28 booked (out of 30). I was still #1 at that point, but looked at the seat map and saw that the E+ seat I had been in was showing empty. I looked at my boarding pass and discovered I'd been upgraded. At least two people got upgraded after boarding. I checked the upgrade list after those upgrades and all of us were still showing as waitlisted with no one showing as successfully upgraded. So if you look at this flight, it would have looked like Business was fully booked with no successful upgrades. Hopefully just a glitch, but this will make it much harder to figure out what's going on if you're on the waitlist.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: United Global Services
Yes I'm noticing the same thing! Not a single international flight is showing GPU upgrades on any routes the past couple weeks. I'm sure it's a system glitch. Good to see that you still got upgraded. Who can we contact to report these technical issues?

And before you were boarding, did you happen to ask the gate agent desk what was going on?

Last edited by roseallday; Nov 12, 2018 at 10:38 am
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by roseallday
And before you were boarding, did you happen to ask the gate agent desk what was going on?
Nope, it didn't occur to me to ask. Probably should have.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.