Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: MR Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
I believe this is a distinguishing feature of UA's PE compared to some other carriers, which provide legrest only in bulkhead.
On a recent trip on EVA's 77W, I was in the 2nd row of PE with leg rest.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I detest middle bulkhead in any form as I get sick of this whole "cut-through" thing. Best ever was some guy that started doing "laps" of the plane, first time he went through I let it go, second time I refused to move my legs and explained that he can just walk up and down as it is not a public thoroughfare and the net result is the same anyway. I'd only take the middle bulkhead if it was the last option.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by keisari
I always makes me upset that the GF meal in business, PE and even when when UA had First class international is the same as regular coach meal with a little extra.
On the other hand Air Canada, LH and KLM makes an effort to serve a better Gluten Free experience in flight
LH first class was the best, followed by Jetblue Mint.
Agree entirely re UA's offering. However, AC is not much better and an intense source of irritation is that they serve margarine with it instead of butter.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I detest middle bulkhead in any form as I get sick of this whole "cut-through" thing. Best ever was some guy that started doing "laps" of the plane, first time he went through I let it go, second time I refused to move my legs and explained that he can just walk up and down as it is not a public thoroughfare and the net result is the same anyway. I'd only take the middle bulkhead if it was the last option.
would only take a middle bulkhead on a 772... no room to lap. But then again, I would take any PP if given 😂
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Hi All, Question - we're looking at booking the last row of Premium Plus on the SFO-AKL flight. Does the last row still get the full recline? Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Hi All, Question - we're looking at booking the last row of Premium Plus on the SFO-AKL flight. Does the last row still get the full recline? Thanks!
You didn't read my review!

Yes, full recline.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I did! I just re-read it... I didn't seem to find anything saying that the last row has full recline! 777-2000 should have the full recline?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did! I just re-read it... I didn't seem to find anything saying that the last row has full recline! 777-2000 should have the full recline?
While I haven't sat in 22 to compare, my observation is that it clearly contacts the rear bulkhead wall when reclined, but there isn't a visible difference in angle of recline. So I think it reclines fully, but only barely.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, for sure. I checked it out.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:33 am

What would happen when you SDC to a flight without PP after having paid to upgrade to PP on the original flight? (eg would you be entitled to a refund of the buyup fee?)
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by rmannion
What would happen when you SDC to a flight without PP after having paid to upgrade to PP on the original flight? (eg would you be entitled to a refund of the buyup fee?)
Assuming a sticker-type upgrade, no. The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable in the event of voluntary change or cancellation.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:05 am

Will be on 862 HKG-SFO some time in the far future with 3 of us in PP. Will be flying out on a Sunday, so PP likely to fill up.

Currently have 20G for myself and 21K and L for my parents (bulkhead sides are taken right now). I thought about being in the same row as them, but then read that bulkhead has a bit more room on the 77W, so people in middle can get out without bothering people, so I think that's the most optimal setup I can do.

Given my scenario (3 people), you think that's probably the best plan?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Depends on how much you would rather be across the aisle from your parents. Those are probably the 3 best seats remaining the cabin, yes.
quantumslip likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
If I'm booked in E+ on a 777-200ER still showing the old configuration, will my seats in what would be the PP section stick if I end up with a reconfigured 772 with PP?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke777
If I'm booked in E+ on a 777-200ER still showing the old configuration, will my seats in what would be the PP section stick if I end up with a reconfigured 772 with PP?
Reports on this are very mixed; I would not count on it. Anything on the pmUA 772 seatmap needs to be watched relentlessly for swaps.
Silver Fox likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.