Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Are the TVs in the armrests in all rows or just the bulkhead seats? Asking for a friend.
I'm happy to provide a live report, that the TVs are in the armrest for only the bulkhead rows. Which arguably makes the TVs less ergonomic to watch, since the armrest TVs are lower in height than the seatback TVs.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was finally on a 77W with PP so I looked at it. The bulkhead row has a lot of space in front - I think the window/middle seats can get out easily. So, that is nice. The other 2 rows don't seem to have a lot of pitch. At 150% PQM, I think I will probably shell out the extra bucks next year and be happy with PP when I lose my 1K/GPUs.

Now I guess we will see how good the upgraded meals will be when they officially start.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
Originally Posted by findark
Personally, I would book the UA R fare without a second thought. While I can't point to an "official word" there's basically no doubt in my mind that O/A/R maps to G/E/N or O/E/N. If you are completely paranoid, you book the partner flight number directly by calling UA. You will definitely not get 150% PQM for UA R on LH metal.
I just bought an R fare for a UA code share on an OS operated flight later this year. The actual ticket issued and the app are still both saying I will get 0 PQM and 0 reward miles - only PQD for the trip. Not worried in the least since I know what the issue is, but you would think UA would get their app and ticketing fixed BEFORE being able to issue these tickets. I can’t but wonder the number of people NOT booking these tickets because of this ‘glitch’.

You would think...
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by CoMooter
but you would think UA would get their app and ticketing fixed BEFORE being able to issue these tickets.
Not sure which UA you've been dealing with all these years
Silver Fox and Kacee like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
What's the IFE screen like in the bulkhead seats? All of the photos I have ever seen of the product have the screens tucked in underneath the seats and I can't see what size it is, nor what position it's in when fully extended.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
I flew it yesterday LAX EWR. I loved it. It's like domestic first. Choice of two hot meals, and open bar.
To hot meals: Is that standard ps Y catering? or was this a one off, extra meals from J?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sincx
I'm happy to provide a live report, that the TVs are in the armrest for only the bulkhead rows. Which arguably makes the TVs less ergonomic to watch, since the armrest TVs are lower in height than the seatback TVs.
correct.

I sat in bulkhead (only Way I could get my family seated together in PP). The TVs area bit lower I think, but they do angle up. I didn’t have an issue. To me, the bigger issue is finding the switch that releases the tv when they are stowed - it’s marked, but barely, so easy to miss, and it’s also not clear which way to move it to release it before you can pull it up into position.

Originally Posted by STS-134
What's the IFE screen like in the bulkhead seats? All of the photos I have ever seen of the product have the screens tucked in underneath the seats and I can't see what size it is, nor what position it's in when fully extended.
when fully extended, it pulls out and in front of you, lower, toward the left side of the seat (at least in the D seat I was sitting in). It also looked to my eye like the screen was smaller than the other PP rows that have the screen on the seat in front. I wouldn’t swear to it - could just be the way it looked to me as I was passing by other rows.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
I'm booked on UA 871 SFO-TPE (Boeing 777-300ER) tomorrow. Currently have 21L & 21G as my seat selections.

When trying to check-in online via Air Canada (my trip originates in Canada on an AC codeshare) the OLCI punts me out of the PP seats and puts me in row 38 or something in the far back. Luckily I was able to cancel my check-in with AC and then change my seats back to 21L & 21G by logging into my United account on united.com and re-selecting the original seats. I am still not checked-in.

Any thoughts on what to do? Just hold tight and deal with it at the Air Canada check-in counter tomorrow morning? Bite the bullet and select E+ and complete my checkin with Air Canada while their is still E+ availability? UA 871 is a 14 hour flight.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
If possible, have AC only check you in for the AC segment and ask to hold the UA checkin until "later" (you can do it on your phone after the AC coupon is lifted).
atword likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
3-Class cabins are dead.
Long live 3-Class cabins.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
Originally Posted by findark
Not sure which UA you've been dealing with all these years
Good point. But I should know better as it is probably still the same UA I left 'forever' in disgust about 5 years ago after 1.1M+ BIS, but only started coming back to as of late as it appears now AA is getting even worse.

I can't give all my business to DL and WN - especially being based out of Chicago! Oh well...
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Originally Posted by cesco.g
To hot meals: Is that standard ps Y catering? or was this a one off, extra meals from J?
It was standard PS, but the quality was decent. I enjoyed it. Video monitor is rather large for economy. Seat was similar to a F seat on a 737. FA"s happened to be very good, lots of cocktails!!
cesco.g likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Is anybody else suffering the same issue as me and that this thread is showing up in "new subscribed threads" as though there has been a new update? It has been like that for a while for me now. Even if I unsubscribe from it, it still shows up with me as the last poster (but not this post though).
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:17 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Sorry if I missed it in all the pages of discussion -- when sold as a separate class, is Premium Economy (international) currently a free upgrade as departure approaches, like domestic CPU offered to any elite in priority order (or E+)?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Originally Posted by TA
Sorry if I missed it in all the pages of discussion -- when sold as a separate class, is Premium Economy (international) currently a free upgrade as departure approaches, like domestic CPU offered to any elite in priority order (or E+)?
Unfortunately no. The only time there would be complimentary upgrades is if economy was oversold and they needed to move folks forward to open some seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.