Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by miasmal
I'd pick 30K ... you can get up without bothering anyone, unlimited leg room, solid armrest (POS can't poach into your seat), but seats narrower due to AVOD in armrest and may have people standing in front of you waiting for the lav. Not sure if 22F may have limited recline due?
Agree, 30K for now and keep checking for P+ aisle availability.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Is there a thread to see what flights are currently booking with PE? I'm interested specifically in EWR - Germany in the spring.
No flights are currently booking with PE. UA has indicated it will start selling them on Dec. 3.
Originally Posted by myperks
i would take a center Premium Plus over aisle E+. Seats are a lot better and the armrest is wide enough on either side. (Think domestic first class)

Totally agree. The 10 across Y on that aircraft gets consistently awful reports.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Barakp
My UA90 EWR-TLV just got this seat map, I'm assuming it means premium economy. I'm now debating myself if it's better to stay in the aisle seat 35D (aisle access without forcing someone up is important to me) or better to do 22F because maybe there's a bunch of extra space between seats, or maybe they're just so much better it's worth it to leave the 3-4-3 config, or perhaps 22F doesn't have any recline like domestic first last row typically don't.
Would you swap your seat for a domestic F "window" seat with no window? That's about the best comparison -- don't expect enough room to climb out without disturbing a neighbor like on the old 77H, but you're still talking about moving up one class of service in terms of hard product. I would take it without a second thought.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by findark
Would you swap your seat for a domestic F "window" seat with no window? That's about the best comparison -- don't expect enough room to climb out without disturbing a neighbor like on the old 77H, but you're still talking about moving up one class of service in terms of hard product. I would take it without a second thought.
Or an aisle E+ vs. a middle seat in the 2-4-2 IPTE configuration . . . easy choice to move up.
Kacee likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
No flights are currently booking with PE. UA has indicated it will start selling them on Dec. 3.
Any idea which routes will initially be for sale? Will award redemptions start at the same time? I noticed NH will start award redemptions for PE on December 5, 2018.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JetAway
Any idea which routes will initially be for sale? Will award redemptions start at the same time? I noticed NH will start award redemptions for PE on December 5, 2018.
A good guess would be, at a minimum, the six routes that were announced as 781 routes from EWR.

UA Announces Six International 787-10 Routes
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
I just flew PE from ORD to PEK on the 777.

Things I liked:
Big giant TV, bigger seat, very empty cabin
They had the MDW IPA to drink!

I actually think the flight attendants were better than my recent experience flying Polaris, where I had a bunch of crusty old angry flight attendants who hated my existence.

Things I disliked:
- The foot rest has an awkward location and sort of impedes in the area underneath my feet. I apparently have huge feet because I can't really fit my feet below the seat in front of me. Same thing in Polaris with the little foot rest port.

- There is a big gap between the end of the seat and window. Good spot to add storage like they did on the 747 upper deck.

- It feels cramped. I know if I would have had a seat mate it would have sucked

- The cabin echos, so when you have a loud guy yelling in his cell phone in chinese (of course, SINCE THE FLIGHT WAS TOO CHINA) it becomes very noisy.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
typically all PE seats come with came economy food, just in better plating.
Sorry, LO Premium Economy serves a J meal.

If you ever want to experience a sorry excuse for a premium economy cabin, fly Air Canada. Hopefully UA will be more like NZ or LO, and less like AC.
narvik and MrGood like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by steveo
I just flew PE from ORD to PEK on the 777.
What am I missing? It's not Dec 3rd yet
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by malgudi
I didn't say flying, I said booking. You can't book a PE fare yet.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
you didn’t have to pay for PE. You paid for economy and got PE.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
Yea so some of the 777 flights switch to the first three rows in economy to a 2 -4 - 2 seat chart. Those are one with P.E. seating, so just choose that seat and you in.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I'm sitting in one of the seats now GRU-ORD, initially I kind of liked it,l but now 8 hours into the flight I'm much less enamored with it. The big screen and noise canceling headphones are nice. However 2 big issues I've found, the seat bottom cushion is way too high, so at this point the back of my thighs hurt and I'm tall, I can imagine this will be worse for shorter people. The second complaint, and this is a big one, the seat backs are really flimsy, so when the person in front of you is reclined, then they come back from the lav, plop down in their seat at full force, that seat back comes WAY back before springing back forward. It hit my laptop screen several times already. On the plus side, I got quite a bit of sleep, not sure though if that's a result of the seat or just being totally exhausted.

I don't see this as something that I'll be paying for on any sort of regular basis over Economy Plus. They'd have to be offering some really attractive fares, like maybe only $100 over what a regular E+ seat would cost me and I'm sure that's not normally going to be the case.
Kmxu and BlueSky72 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:53 am

Not a fan at all. Flew it last week. The seats don't feel any wider to me than normal Y (i realize they are, but it didn't feel that way), the legroom seemed about the same as E+. The footrest was super awkward. On a 12 hour flight, I would not pay more than $75 to get here versus E+ and truthfully, I probably wouln't even pay that.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:27 am

A good guess would be, at a minimum, the six routes that were announced as 781 routes from EWR.

UA Announces Six International 787-10 Routes
Looks like the SFO/AKL 777-300er flight will too. The seat map shows fixed PE seating after 1/1/19.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.