Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:54 am

Anyone know what the discount is on a club pass for PP?
49penguins and Nanagose like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by travelinghiker
Anyone know what the discount is on a club pass for PP?
This benefit is listed but I see no indication of the amount of savings. The wording sticks strictly to an indication that a discount is available and that it should be realizable at reservation or at the door of the lounge.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:56 am

UA 777-200 HNL-IAD PP Not Being Sold

Good morning all - I'm booking HNL-IAD at the end of December and during Xmas they seem to have swapped from the 767-400 to a 777-200. Seatmap shows Economy Plus in rows 20-22, but Seatguru shows this as Version 5 with PP for rows 20-22.

I thought UA sold PP seats on longhaul from HNL (rather than giving them to E+ passengers)?

My question is - Is Seatguru correct and Rows 20-22 are actually PP? Thanks!

Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
If the seatmap shows 2-4-2, then yes it is PE seats.

With the flight this far out, if the assignment sticks they might file PE fares and later kick you out of the seats - it's a bit of a guess at this point.
jblankoh likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K3M, Marriott(SPG) Lifetime Plat
Is there a thread somewhere that discusses buy-up offers from Economy to PP? I searched buy up and Premium Plus but just can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Covered in UA Upsell Offers to Business/First/PP at Purchase to Day of Departure (TOD)
sfsouthbay likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Premium plus and lounge access?

Hi-

I'm sure there is a forum for this so please assign if there is. I'm flying In PP from SFO-MUC and EWR-SFO in November. I remember seeing that being in PP gets you access into the Polaris lounge for a discounted fee, is this true?

Thanks,

Paul
Old Aug 7, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Sorry, no. Must be in long haul biz.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Paul510
... I remember seeing that being in PP gets you access into the Polaris lounge for a discounted fee, is this true?...
Polaris Lounge is for Polaris customers (or *A equivalent and better class of servce). No airline's Premium Economy gets into Polaris Lounge (unless guest of a *A F passenger). Polaris Lounge does not accept payment for any kind of entry. You either get in based on your class of service, or you don't.

Maybe there's such a provision for the United Club? I don't recall one (but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist)

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Aug 7, 2022 at 9:23 pm
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Hi-

I'm sure there is a forum for this so please assign if there is. I'm flying In PP from SFO-MUC and EWR-SFO in November. I remember seeing that being in PP gets you access into the Polaris lounge for a discounted fee, is this true?

Thanks,

Paul
Uh...

No.

David
IAH-OIL-TRASH and MissMiles like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi-

Thanks,

Paul
There's supposedly some United Club pass discount for P+ passengers (normal price $59), but I've no idea what the discount is or how to access it.
Nanagose likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
There's supposedly some United Club pass discount for P+ passengers (normal price $59), but I've no idea what the discount is or how to access it.
This. The discounted club access is to the UC, not the Polaris Lounge.
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
According to wiki , UC pass available at discount for PremiumPlus passengers. I guess you just go to a UC (not Polaris Lounge) and they should charge something less than $59:

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 7, 2022 at 10:26 pm Reason: cleanup after merge
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
UA states
United Premium PlusSM customers are eligible for discounted United Club access through a trip pass purchased at booking or before travel, or a discounted one-time pass purchased on the day of travel at the United Club location.
Did a test for SFO-FRA and UC access was available for purchase at booking for $42 each way versus standard $59, not much of a discount

Checking EWR-SFO it was $50 but mentioned access at departure and arrival.

pretty weak discounted benefit as most will not do arrival access.
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 7, 2022 at 10:45 pm Reason: EWR-SFO
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:31 am

Thinking about booking FCO->EWR in Premium Plus next spring on 772 using points. Couple of q's.....

Wide open cabin. I'm 6'1" and wife is 5'6". Best seats for us?

With such a long time prior to the flight and UA known to play around with schedules, is there any possibility we lose premium plus seating and get bumped back? I can apply plus points to a PZ fare to get into Polaris, but would prefer to save the $700pp and burn some miles on a rare good redemption for premium plus flying west.
8MiHi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.