Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: United Premier Plat
Originally Posted by elitefreak
UA57 EWR - CDG 777-300

Since this is bulkhead, your screen has to be unfolded. This was the one aspect of bulkhead that I did not like at all. When the screen wax stored, it restricted your leg/shin room. I would probably not want to sit in BH again because of this:
Oh no! I am currently booked in 20A on 773 and this was my concern. Would it be worth moving to 21A instead?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by abacaxi
Our current seats are in Row 20 but am wondering if the seats in Row 22 on a 777-200 have the full 6" recline. The available photos show the divider to be pretty close to the backs of the upright seats.

Different question, but same aircraft type. Is the screen on the wall of the bulkhead or in the seat for row 20?

Originally Posted by wanderluststruck

Oh no! I am currently booked in 20A on 773 and this was my concern. Would it be worth moving to 21A instead?
Same question but for the 777-200.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 31, 2019 at 6:14 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by username
The food posted looks pretty sad compared to many other carriers that offer PE. However, it is really the space that is important. Only time will tell how UA prices it eventually. Since I won't have my 1K next year and GPU, I will have to settle on this.
I'm curious, which carriers do you have in mind? Because I think the food looks just as good as PE on Singapore and better than on BA, Virgin or Lufthansa.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: United Premier Plat
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Different question, but same aircraft type. Is the screen on the wall of the bulkhead or in the seat for row 20?
seems like it’s a pull out from the seat for BH rows
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:14 pm

seems like it’s a pull out from the seat for BH rows
its a pop up personal entertainment screen bulk head with a screen on the wall for general flight map and safety demonstration since the pop up needs to be stowed for take off and landing.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by elitefreak
UA57 EWR - CDG 777-300

Since this is bulkhead, your screen has to be unfolded. This was the one aspect of bulkhead that I did not like at all. When the screen wax stored, it restricted your leg/shin room. I would probably not want to sit in BH again because of this:

Having recent sat in 20C 787-10, I did not find this to be an issue. The screen is likely deployed from most of the flight and is only stowed for take-off and landing, and I never noticed it constricting me at all.

And there is greater positioning flexible of the BH screen vs the seatback screen.

I would not hesitate to sit in BH or non-BH rows -- there are minor plus/minuses to both.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA GS
Definitely prefer the pull off foil. Keeps the food hotter for longer, more sanitary, and its a nice surface for me to warm up my bread further.

It looks a lot like a domestic F meal service, which is a lot more than I was expecting!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I'm curious, which carriers do you have in mind? Because I think the food looks just as good as PE on Singapore and better than on BA, Virgin or Lufthansa.
BR ? NZ ? Even AA‘s PE is better with real dessert rather than pre-packaged cookie !

SQ‘s PE meal is similar to what CX does for PEY, same Y meal in plastics but just with different choices, neither are good for PE comparison
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

Agree this is probably the least well-done part of the package
However, aren't the lavs just behind the PP section on the 773?
On the 772, the lavs are about 10 rows of economy behind PP section (at the back of the wings, not eh back of the aircraft)
On the 787-10 (which I have done a few times domestic), the FAs have closed the curtain cutting off the business class lav you can see and the lav are about 10 rows of economy behind PP section
E+.
Guess it was a 772 then . . .
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by dilanesp
REALLY? We are upset about having to peel a piece of foil?

That's a frivolous complaint. I hope UA keeps that foil. Just to make it clear that it isn't unreasonable to ask a passenger to peel it back.
it’s not the end of the world but it is a detracting element of an otherwise upscale presentation that could seemingly be easily rectified . But I agree that the FA reductions are probably the reason for this .
ATLintheair likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:54 am

i would.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
BR ? NZ ? Even AA‘s PE is better with real dessert rather than pre-packaged cookie !

SQ‘s PE meal is similar to what CX does for PEY, same Y meal in plastics but just with different choices, neither are good for PE comparison
So you are simply ignoring the carriers with worse PE meals in your comparison.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
SQ PY meal isn’t that great actually, since it’s just a Y meal (although book the cook is appreciated). Judging from the pictures it looks like UA is par with AC, a slightly better meal presented well, which I’ve really enjoyed in the past. It’s miles ahead of LH’S PY.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:16 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by ryder1650
Definitely prefer the pull off foil. Keeps the food hotter for longer, more sanitary, and its a nice surface for me to warm up my bread further.
...and/or warm up the ice cold/rock hard butter pat.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by narvik
Might be a little tricky to enforce/control though: how would J cabin FA know whether pax are coming from PP as opposed from E cabin?
Colored wrist bracelets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.