Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Easiest way to find lowest UA fare for PQD run?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I looked ahead and it seems I'll be about $50 short (in terms of PQD) from qualifying for UA Gold so I'm planning on taking an additional flight (from SFO) before the end of the year to push me over the line. Does anyone know an easy way of finding the lowest fares from SFO with United? I'm flexible on destination, I tried Google Flights but looks like if you choose an airline it needs you to input a destination.

Huge thanks in advance!
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:57 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Berrisfo
...I'm flexible on destination, I tried Google Flights but looks like if you choose an airline it needs you to input a destination. ....
Just leave the destination blank and select the map

However, 9 out of 10, LAX will be the cheapest route from SFO or SFO-SAN --- RTs or $110-$140.
same RT SFO-LAX is $95 on Dec 3 or 4, 11, 12, 18 (found using UA My dates are flexible - 0 day trip)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 2, 2018 at 3:57 pm Reason: Dec 3 or 4 RTs
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Are you Silver or Gold+ right now? If you're Silver, you can just buy E+ early on your already travel to get 50 PQD pretty easily and not have to fly.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: CO Gold
$111 sfo-den, dec1st
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Santander
Are you Silver or Gold+ right now? If you're Silver, you can just buy E+ early on your already travel to get 50 PQD pretty easily and not have to fly.
Solid advice; however, it would appear that OP does not have any travel booked.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Solid advice; however, it would appear that OP does not have any travel booked.
When I saw that the OP said about the looking ahead I interpreted it as having some booked flights that were not yet flown. I was going to suggest to do a GG BUYUP to First Class on one of the segments. To get the additional PQD, it has to be done on the phone.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: UA Gold / BA Gold
There’s also Tuesday and Wednesday same day returns SFO-LAS for $101-$107 the first two weeks of December
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for the guidance! I am currently Gold so was unable to add E+ to any bookings, that would have been perfect otherwise The Google flights trick is super handy, I didn't realise it the search would work without a destination so I did that and filtered by Star Alliance. Thanks again for all the tips; I landed on a quick there and back to Seattle!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.