Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA No Longer Matching T-Con Mint Fares

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee
lol UA must have read this thread, because the P fares are now back, with 21 and 30 day AP.
Also VAP60UPN, the 60-day Saturday-only B6 "match".
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1k
Now just gotta wait for P bucket to open up a bit more. Definitely feels tighter than 6+ months ago... I see a ton of PN, but limited P (and no PZ, but this isn't new, ha!)

I actually think we'll start seeing fewer RPUs in circulation already in Q2 next year, folks like GS would be hitting the qualification requirements for Plat/1k pretty early so supply should start coming down, and then almost fully purged by late 2019
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Dunno if this is related, but something is still very wrong with searching on SFO-EWR route in Business for Flexible or Unrestricted fares. For example, if you search SFO-EWR on November 6 for Flexible or Unrestricted Business, it shows no such fares available on any flights that day. But if you search for Lowest available fare, it brings up fully refundable J fares on plenty of flights. If you search for J fares explicitly, they come up fine.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by physioprof
Dunno if this is related, but something is still very wrong with searching on SFO-EWR route in Business for Flexible or Unrestricted fares. For example, if you search SFO-EWR on November 6 for Flexible or Unrestricted Business, it shows no such fares available on any flights that day. But if you search for Lowest available fare, it brings up fully refundable J fares on plenty of flights. If you search for J fares explicitly, they come up fine.
The YAC07UPY and YAC00UPY, booking into C, are refundable. The YAC00UPN, also booking into C, is not. The two J fares (JUA and J) are both refundable. That last one prices at a cool $20,258 RT.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
The YAC07UPY and YAC00UPY, booking into C, are refundable. The YAC00UPN, also booking into C, is not. The two J fares (JUA and J) are both refundable. That last one prices at a cool $20,258 RT.
Yes, these refundable fares are available, and you can access them by searching explicitly for C or J fares. My point was if you search for either "flexible" or "unrestricted" fares--which is the usual way to access refundable fares--no business class fares come up at all.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by physioprof
Yes, these refundable fares are available, and you can access them by searching explicitly for C or J fares. My point was if you search for either "flexible" or "unrestricted" fares--which is the usual way to access refundable fares--no business class fares come up at all.
Yes I got that.

I thought people might be interested to know the available fares. And that UA sells a $20k round-trip ticket on SFO-EWR.
physioprof likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA GS
Yes I got that.

I thought people might be interested to know the available fares. And that UA sells a $20k round-trip ticket on SFO-EWR.
Attempts to sell.
Kacee, cricketer and n198ua like this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by prometa
One question I don't know the answer to though is: if PZ inventory follows P, but no P fares are filed, will inventory management eventually open up PZ on an empty J PS cabin even if no P fare can be purchased? (for example, getting to a hypothetical ZN9 PN9 P6 PZ2). Or will the lack of filing a P fare keep PZ zeroed?
While it sounds like this is no longer an issue, now that UA has re-filed some P fares on this route, inventory and fares are completely separate concepts. P inventory can (and does) exist even when P fares don’t. The same is true for economy codes; the G fare bucket may be available on some routes that have never had a G fare filed. It allows them to support transfers (connections), changes from other routes / flights where G was available, or simply lets them decide to do a fare sale any time they want.

So, even if UA pulled all P fares and never re-posted it, it would be entirely possible to see P and PZ inventory on the flights. (How likely it is that they’d open PZ inventory in advance is another question entirely, of course.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I bought a EWR-SFO P fare n Sept 30 for a Monday in January. After taxes it came out to 645.32. Not to bad.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes I got that.

Fulfill your 1K PQD spend on one ticket? Sounds like a deal to me!
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JHake10
I bought a EWR-SFO P fare n Sept 30 for a Monday in January. After taxes it came out to 645.32. Not to bad.
LAX/SFO-EWR on Saturday 11pm-ish flights can be had for $559. Unfortunately, they're 772s in January.

What annoys me is my itinerary (OGG-EWR-LAS-OGG) prices far cheaper buying 4 separate tickets OGG-SFO, SFO-EWR, EWR-LAS, and LAS-OGG.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
What annoys me is my itinerary (OGG-EWR-LAS-OGG) prices far cheaper buying 4 separate tickets OGG-SFO, SFO-EWR, EWR-LAS, and LAS-OGG.
Why is that bad?

David
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
If I'm paying $20k, I definitely want my PDB and first meal choice!
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
But then your RDMs max out at 75,000, so you’re kinda getting screwed there.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DELee
Why is that bad?

David
I’d prefer UA just present the cheapest way to book a multi-city and let me book it. I hate having to check prices on various permutations of flights/tickets to find the best deal. Difference (same dates/flights) between single multi/city booking and multiple tickets is a couple of hundred bucks in this case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.