Wiki Posts
Search

Award Booking TXL-BRU Error

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Award Booking TXL-BRU Error

Last night I tried booking a business award saver fare on Brussels Airlines for 4/22 - it's their nonstop flight at 6:45p. I get all the way to the payment processing screen where the transaction is underway, when this error message appears: "We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-396-1751; the U.K. at 0800 028 5003." I tried again this morning, but got the same result. I called United and the lady said she couldn't even see the 6:45p flight on her screen. I told her I was looking at it on my screen at United.com, but to no avail. I then went back and tried to book again, but this time the 8:20p flight which netted me the same result. Any idea as to what's going here?

Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is possibly "phantom" availability, meaning that SN does not really have the space available for sale as "Saver" But, there is not much more to be done than to call back and, if necessary, ask for a supervisor.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I called United back and spoke with a different CSR who seemed to have a bit more insight. He said that he tried to book not only flight 2588 on 4/22, but any other listed flight by Brussels Airlines and kept getting the same result, he could not "save" the flight and move to the next step. In a nutshell, he confirmed what you said was phantom availability. He asked me to hold off for about a week and try again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.