Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Website Message: "Ready, Set. It's Almost Time to Go.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:13 am
Original Poster

I'm sorry if I missed a thread on this (including with a search).

On the United website, several different places, there are rotating square patches on the right with various promos then a reminder message "Ready, Set... It's almost time to go. We'll see you this Friday 2018-11-02, 365"

Panic. I'm supposed to be flying out Thursday the 1st. I check my reservation and all is well. Man oh man. If you're going to put out a reminder on something as important as a flight...!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I'm sorry if I missed a thread on this (including with a search).

On the United website, several different places, there are rotating square patches on the right with various promos then a reminder message "Ready, Set... It's almost time to go. We'll see you this Friday 2018-11-02, 365"

Panic. I'm supposed to be flying out Thursday the 1st. I check my reservation and all is well. Man oh man. If you're going to put out a reminder on something as important as a flight...!
This (both the message and its intermittent accuracy/inaccuracy) has been going on for a while. I've never seen a date (2018-11-02) appear in it, though.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Mine says, "We'll see you this Wednesday 2018-10-31, RobOnLI" and they didn't even spell my first name right. And it's really a common name

I don't pay too much attention to these things since I consider them all advertisements and I've become quite good at not even visually looking at this crap on web pages. I go straight to where I need to go and move on. As long as the itinerary is showing the right data that's all I care about.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.