Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Ari
As of Feb. 5, only Global Services are able to select FC seats. The ability for 1K to reserve seats was removed. Existing 1K seat selections appear to be kept. In June 2019, the advance access for 1Ks on J/C/D fares was restored. [It appears this is not the case.]

Ex-GlobalFirst seats are selectable for all confirmed business class passengers at check in, even if >24 hrs from flight with GF seats (in the case of positioning flights).

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 2
Print Wikipost

3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Except that since yesterday (Saturday October 20) passengers have been able to switch to seats in the First Class area. Now, we don't know if that's going to stick until the official date of Monday, October 22 (tomorrow).
My companion and I are flying SFO-ORD next month on a three-class 772. I booked two G fare tickets back in July, 2018, and applied two GPU's to the reservation. On 10/8/18 we cleared into R space and selected seats in the Business cabin. I logged back into the reservation today and our fares are showing as PZ, and now we're sitting in 2A and 2C.

Curious to see what happens as we get closer to departure....
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by LRMErnst
I booked two G fare tickets back in July, 2018, and applied two GPU's to the reservation.
Didn't know it was possible to apply GPU on a G fare.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by narvik
Didn't know it was possible to apply GPU on a G fare.
You can on a CPU / RPU eligible flight such as ORD-SFO.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You can on a CPU / RPU eligible flight such as ORD-SFO.
Never knew that. Cheers.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
Not sure if this will stick, but I have a P fare with a seat in J for an upcoming ORD-PVG on a 777-200 3 cabin a/c. Before today I was not able to select any of the seats in F, just the ones in J. Today I was able to select any of the seats in F and seat 1A is now showing as my selected one!

If this does stick it's finally a change that I will actually enjoy (Not counting my chickens before they're hatched ...)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 22, 2018 at 12:00 am Reason: moved to exisiting thread
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
I'm able to switch myself and a non-status companion on the same PNR to the F seats on the old 772. Do you think I can call and get them to move a non-status companion on a different PNR to sit with me in F, the way I can do for E+? How many would they do this for?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Was concerned I may have lost the (prior) GF seat but it is still assigned to me.

Strange to see PZ code for both international and domestic legs. I will get used to it as on the PNR with the PZ I have one leg not upgraded (yet) and would rather see PZ than W.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
I booked EWR-ORD-NRT-MNL in P class and was able to select seats in the old GF Cabin as far as NRT on the 777's, the red code for GF gone and now in same orange as Polaris. Is tis now official cuz it's the 22nd?

Adam
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adambrau
I booked EWR-ORD-NRT-MNL in P class and was able to select seats in the old GF Cabin as far as NRT on the 777's, the red code for GF gone and now in same orange as Polaris. Is tis now official cuz it's the 22nd?

Adam
They're definitely not treating GF as a separate cabin anymore as of today, so I'd definitely expect this seat assignment to stick for a GS, assuming that you actually get a three-class plane.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K
A waitlisted upgrade for SFO→LHR on a 3 class 777 just cleared straight into 1A, so now I guess I'm hoping it doesn't get replaced with a Polaris bird.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mjg59
A waitlisted upgrade for SFO→LHR on a 3 class 777 just cleared straight into 1A, so now I guess I'm hoping it doesn't get replaced with a Polaris bird.
LOL - I know that feeling! Was looking at changing my flight to NRT tomorrow to route via ORD and catch UA881 -- which just today changed to a retrofitted 777 -- never expected to be disappointed to see that!

I have a flight the following week on UA 881 that is still showing the old 777 and I still have seat 2A - hope they DON'T swap it out!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:27 pm

After the fare changes, it appears that the old Global First seats are now selectable.

It's tempting to pick the seats there, and if there's an AC swap, we'd be up front in the Polaris cabin, right? The potential downside I see is if UA decides to block those again seats for some reason, and we'd very likely get with worse seats in the former BF cabin with the 2-4-2 configuration.

Fellow FTers, any thoughts?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 22, 2018 at 7:39 pm Reason: moved to exisiting thread
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by windhund
After the fare changes, it appears that the old Global First seats are now selectable.

It's tempting to pick the seats there, and if there's an AC swap, we'd be up front in the Polaris cabin, right? The potential downside I see is if UA decides to block those again seats for some reason, and we'd very likely get with worse seats in the former BF cabin with the 2-4-2 configuration.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd say go for it.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by windhund

That's basically right. As of now, only GS/1K can make that selection so there seems to be a little intentionality on UA's part here. You have the downside identified spot-on, but I would probably go for it.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by findark
That's basically right. As of now, only GS/1K can make that selection so there seems to be a little intentionality on UA's part here. You have the downside identified spot-on, but I would probably go for it.
Yes, every time you forget about my wife. She's Platinum. On her own PNR. She selected a seat in the First Class area on Saturday morning. Today, we printed her itinerary from the manage your trip page and it says that on the flight HKG-ORD she's in seat 2K. It they boot her out of that seat, it'd better be for a plane with the new Polaris seats and there we know that her preferred seat is 3K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.