FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1936905-3-class-f-seat-now-sold-domestic-f-polaris-bus-gs-j-c-d-1k-may-select-pre-olci.html)

StuckinITH Oct 20, 2018 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Supima (Post 30336623)
Website

What is you status and what is your fare class?

Supima Oct 20, 2018 11:03 am

Originally Posted by StuckinITH (Post 30336647)
What is you status and what is your fare class?

D fare class, GS

FlytheTail Oct 20, 2018 11:18 am

I was able to select 2A last night on the app, and it's stuck on the website, while also allowing me to select other seats in the former GF cabin. It will be interesting to see whether the small cabin will continue to have dedicated FAs or if the same FAs service rows 1 to 10.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...197e665d16.jpg

StuckinITH Oct 20, 2018 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Supima (Post 30336653)
D fare class, GS

That's weird as for a GS and in that high fare class you should be in the top of the priority for those seats. How many seats are booked in Business on your flight?

A few weeks back, my flight had 0/8 for First Class and 16/40 for Business. Today, it showed 16/48 for Business and both my wife and I were able to have the seats stick. Who knows for how long but I'll be babysitting our reservations.

narvik Oct 20, 2018 11:28 am

Originally Posted by FlytheTail (Post 30336698)
I was able to select 2A last night on the app, and it's stuck on the website, while also allowing me to select other seats in the former GF cabin. It will be interesting to see whether the small cabin will continue to have dedicated FAs or if the same FAs service rows 1 to 10.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...197e665d16.jpg

BTW, why are they now showing 3-4-3 in Y on this configuration?

Supima Oct 20, 2018 11:29 am

Originally Posted by StuckinITH (Post 30336728)
That's weird as for a GS and in that high fare class you should be in the top of the priority for those seats. How many seats are booked in Business on your flight?

A few weeks back, my flight had 0/8 for First Class and 16/40 for Business. Today, it showed 16/48 for Business and both my wife and I were able to have the seats stick. Who knows for how long but I'll be babysitting our reservations.

business looks about half full - will keep trying lol!

StuckinITH Oct 20, 2018 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Supima (Post 30336739)

I seem to remember that NRT was one of the destinations that they were still selling First Class when they stopped it for the other destinations. Maybe that's the reason as some passengers may have bought First Class directly.

Supima Oct 20, 2018 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Supima (Post 30336739)

Just tried again via the app - this time the seats both stuck - will keep an eye on it!

findark Oct 20, 2018 12:19 pm

Count this the one time I'm suddenly disappointed I don't have any J segments on a 3-class UA plane right now :p

Supima Oct 20, 2018 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by findark (Post 30336902)
Count this the one time I'm suddenly disappointed I don't have any J segments on a 3-class UA plane right now :p

I only ended up with these flights because the direct EWR-NRT was about $2k more - so I decided to go through ORD. Really hope the seats stick it makes a huge difference flying to NRT in the GF seat versus the BF...

greenpau Oct 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Supima (Post 30336789)

Just tried again via the app - this time the seats both stuck - will keep an eye on it!

Made a ticketed reservation on a 3-class 772 for November this morning, selected 1A on website and it stuck. Called in to create a matching Award Travel reservation for my better half, and the agent automatically put him in 1C across the aisle - agent said that "they have been told they can place GS members into these seats at booking, but there will no difference in service and the aircraft configuration can change at any time".

findark Oct 20, 2018 12:37 pm

Data: for new bookings, when logged out the GF seats show up as grey and cannot be selected. If I sign in and set myself (1K) as the traveler, I can select a GF seat. It shows as "seat option (Added comfort and privacy)" as hovertext in both cases.

greenpau Oct 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by findark (Post 30336958)
Data: for new bookings, when logged out the GF seats show up as grey and cannot be selected. If I sign in and set myself (1K) as the traveler, I can select a GF seat. It shows as "seat option (Added comfort and privacy)" as hovertext in both cases.

Interesting. So on my no-status in-law's reservation, I cannot select a GF seat. On mine and my better half's (both GS), we can.

When I use the future Flight Status tool, it seems that the "Polaris first" tab has been removed for all flights after November 1, and it shows only "Polaris business" with a combined total of 48 seats on a 772.

villox Oct 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by findark (Post 30336958)

This is a change from earlier today. I went back to the app booking flow and whether it will allow me to select the GF seat depends on whether I set myself or a lesser status person as a passenger. I also cannot move a companion on a different PNR same flight (but it didn’t boot them out yet from the seat I assigned this morning).

findark Oct 20, 2018 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by greenpau (Post 30336975)
Interesting. So on my no-status in-law's reservation, I cannot select a GF seat. On mine and my better half's (both GS), we can.

When I use the future Flight Status tool, it seems that the "Polaris first" tab has been removed for all flights after November 1, and it shows only "Polaris business" with a combined total of 48 seats on a 772.

Currently coded policy seems to be GS/1K and companions get access. I also tried a new booking with a companion and was able to put both of us in GF.

GDS now shows the forward cabin as part of Business, and shows all seats blocked (what I would expect based on this).