Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Expedia "Your Flight Details Have Changed"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedia "Your Flight Details Have Changed"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AirMiles2001
Did you waitlist for an upgrade by chance? We use Egencia at work which I believe is a corporate version of Expedia and when I waitlist for an upgrade Egencia gets confused and sends me updates that my ticket has changed, but it hasn't it's just that United has added some sort of phantom segment to hold the upgrade.
Yep. This is it.

So what do you do in this case, accept the change or ignore?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by TObject
Yep. This is it.

So what do you do in this case, accept the change or ignore?
I ignore it. I get an email about the change but don't even logon to look at it. It confused me the first few times.

I'd guess it should be ok to accept it to but there would be only one way to find out! I would only be motivated to accept it if another valid schedule change was happening too.
TObject likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TObject
Yep. This is it.
You'll potentially get another notification if/when the upgrade clears, and also at the T-24 hour mark when then waitlist is removed. I get both of those from Amex Travel.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: SWA CP, UA MP, Hilton G, SPG G
Originally Posted by cfischer
next time try using Google flights to punch out to United.com directly. This works almost always.

If there is no change ... then just accept it on Expedia.com. Could just be an equipment change or something like that.
I never book through third party sites-too many issues and you take the control away from the airline being able to help you fix anything.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Ditka

I never book through third party sites-too many issues and you take the control away from the airline being able to help you fix anything.
I fully agree for personal travel but some of us don't have a choice for corporate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.