Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Opening18 May 2022?

Print Wikipost

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by LAX_AUS_DL_FLYER
I haven't been to EWR's Terminal C in a few years, but I watched a video tour of it last night on YouTube and noticed there are a lot more bars, pubs, sit down restaurants (some with a lot of space) that might be more pleasant than visiting the C74 club. Anyone look to do this or are they a zoo too?
They have improved the restaurant appearances and added charging tables with iPads to the gate areas. Very similar to what they have done at IAH. To be honest, you could have a more relaxing time at a lightly used gate than the the C74 UC at a busy time. I was there in November and you had to hunt down a space and there were so many people in there for the typical UC offerings. I suppose go there, eat/drink and leave.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CApreppie
To be honest, you could have a more relaxing time at a lightly used gate than the the C74 UC at a busy time.
Last time I flew out of EWR, the gate area was a much nicer place to hang out than the pop-up club (which I understand has now closed). Same can be said of C74 club, which is typically an absolute zoo.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I use Classified more than the United Clubs at EWR. For the most part, my EWR UC visits are quick stops for Illy coffee/espresso on my way to or from a flight, unless I need agent assistance for something. The clubs are are generally too crowded and unpleasant to stay for any longer than a brief fly-by.
wxguy and Kacee like this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
Last time I flew out of EWR, the gate area was a much nicer place to hang out than the pop-up club (which I understand has now closed). Same can be said of C74 club, which is typically an absolute zoo.
You can find one of those high-top/low-top tables with the cushioned chairs, plenty of power outlets for electronics to sit with headphones on and, often, nobody next to you.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SteveHK
Interesting news letter this morning:

When you are coming in and out of EWR over the next year, you may notice a bit more activity than before – of the construction type. We’re excited to begin construction on the newest addition to our global network of award-winning United Clubs! Starting today, January 27, construction walls go up in C3 for our new EWR United Club – a sprawling space where customers will be able to relax, recharge and enjoy amazing views of Newark Liberty airport and the New York City skyline.

This multimillion-dollar space will offer travelers a best-in-class experience and is one of the many ways we're working to improve every step of the customer journey. The new Club will be located in Concourse C3, entrance near C124, and will open in 2021.

During construction, customers can continue to use existing United Club locations in Terminal C near Gates C74 and C93 and in Terminal A, Concourse A2. Our United Club locations near Gates C93 and C74 will feature an enhanced buffet offering during construction.
Throughout the process there will be instances where we need to adjust the operations, and count on your flexibility to support the terminal improvement – of which I’m going to thank you in advance for! Additional information:

· Customers originating or connecting have been informed of the pop-up closure

· Some vendors within C3 have been vacated for construction

· Gates C125 – C128 will convert to a single boarding lane and customer seating formerly located in these holdrooms will be removed for construction

· The United Tel Aviv flight has moved from gate C138 to C123

· The Mamava nursing pod currently installed at C123 has been temporarily relocated to the top of C3 across from C120

I will be sure to share updates throughout the process. While there may be some temporary challenges during construction, the end result will be a substantial gain for all of us at EWR. Thanks for your cooperation and patience through this process, and for your continued efforts to deliver a superior experience for our customers.
So it seems the new 'pop up' Club is at C93. (Aside: what a great euphamism 'pp up' is.)

And customers 'have been informed'? I await my notification.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by fumje
So it seems the new 'pop up' Club is at C93. (Aside: what a great euphamism 'pp up' is.)

And customers 'have been informed'? I await my notification.
This pop-up has been in place for almost 2 years, but with limited hours, usually only open in afternoons/evenings. With the closure of the C-3 pop-up, this one supposedly will change to all-day hours.

I'm curious as to the nature of the "enhanced" buffet, especially at the C93 location, since that lounge has been shelf-stable food only (there's no kitchen). Shades of CO-era "enhancements"... those who know, know!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EWR764
This pop-up has been in place for almost 2 years, but with limited hours, usually only open in afternoons/evenings. With the closure of the C-3 pop-up, this one supposedly will change to all-day hours.

I'm curious as to the nature of the "enhanced" buffet, especially at the C93 location, since that lounge has been shelf-stable food only (there's no kitchen). Shades of CO-era "enhancements"... those who know, know!
Hm, somehow I never noticed it, perhaps because of the limited hours. So there were two pop-ups (C124 and C93) going for the past couple years?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by fumje
Hm, somehow I never noticed it, perhaps because of the limited hours. So there were two pop-ups (C124 and C93) going for the past couple years?
Yes. The 124 pop-up came first, with standard hours, and then some time in mid-2018 (I would say) the 93 pop-up opened, but only for the afternoon rush. This one is a little smaller, about the size of a typical gate holdroom, with a few rows of chairs, some high-top tables, beer/wine/prosecco bar and a snack counter. I actually prefer it to the 74 club simply because it is usually less crowded, but it's pretty inconvenient if your gate is anywhere outside of C-1.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold for Life UA Platinum Marriott Platinum Hilton Diamond
The bottleneck at EWR is the runway situation. The new terminal will just be a better place to endure delays.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by manstein58
Popup near C123 now closed for good i am told. Also told constructiion started TODAY on what will be UA network’s biggest club. In Terminal C with completion in 2021. Dunno about that
Where did you hear that? I assume that will not be the upstairs area in the C3 concourse? But now it appears that they will take the main level area as well? So this will be a 2 story UC, perhaps?

Last edited by elitefreak; Jan 28, 2020 at 7:09 am
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Where did you hear that? I assume that will not be the upstairs area in the C3 concourse? But now it appears that they will take the main level area as well? So this will be a 2 story UC, perhaps?
Sent an email to GS last week pointing out how the Club situation was more and more resembling final scenes from TITANIC. GS rep called me soon after and told me this. Said it would be biggest UC in network and be ready in 2021.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
EWR huge club

I went down to C128 yet where construction is underway finally on this new lounge today.

And yes, it appears it will indeed be huge...likely larger than what the club was before the Polaris conversion in C.

It extends from just beyond the Caps Beer Garden in the middle of the concourse all the way to gate 128 and off to the right. Many food/retail locations are no longer (about 7-8) there to make way for the new second floor being built.

And speaking of 128, if you need to get there, give yourself a few extra minutes. You need to walk around where the full food court once was. I imagine the big bathroom buildout will include more bathrooms under the UC there in all of that real estate they're playing with.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Will be interesting to see how it progresses. I hope they did not close down the OTC whiskey bar/lounge further down in C3 - has the best drinks in Terminal C IMO. I also wonder if there will be any views - and if there’s any chance at all they build an outdoor deck.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Meatball joint gone the way of Nineveh and Tyre. Was also told new club will have 20(!!!) showers
EWR764 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by manstein58
Was also told new club will have 20(!!!) showers
@EWR, I can hear it now:

"Showers? Yeah, here's a paper towel - outdoor access is over there when it rains..."

David
narvik and Kmxu like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.