Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Opening18 May 2022?

Print Wikipost

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
It's a joke. Why don't they build up instead of outwards? UA in Term B @ LGA is now light years ahead of Terms A/C @ EWR (Polaris Lounge excluded).
AceReport likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
I think AA is now down to the frequency levels UA had in the last days of Kennedy
Three a four or a day to SFO. I've cleared six segment upgrades in advance so far (4J, 2F), plus a further op-up J to F on an upgraded ticket. The hard product on the 321 is also considerably better than UA's 752s or 772Gs.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Kacee
Three a four or a day to SFO. I've cleared six segment upgrades in advance so far (4J, 2F), plus a further op-up J to F on an upgraded ticket. The hard product on the 321 is also considerably better than UA's 752s or 772Gs.
Good for pax, but man, that's some indictment on how far AA has fallen at JFK.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by EWR764
Good for pax, but man, that's some indictment on how far AA has fallen at JFK.
... or, maybe, how right UA was in moving to EWR? Could be they actually read the market correctly?

Anywho - back to taking a leak at EWR ... (Which, by the way, sometimes takes a leak for you. Look for the garbage barrels when it rains.)

The entire answer is the PANYNJ. The delays, the lack of construction, the mess - is ALL because of the Port Authority. I'm 100% convinced that UA would've had this all wrapped up by now if it were up to them. New UC's, less-gross bathrooms, all of it.
SteveHK and narvik like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Popup near C123 now closed for good i am told. Also told constructiion started TODAY on what will be UA network’s biggest club. In Terminal C with completion in 2021. Dunno about that
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by manstein58
Popup near C123 now closed for good i am told. Also told constructiion started TODAY on what will be UA network’s biggest club. In Terminal C with completion in 2021. Dunno about that

Where would the space for the largest club even fit into EWR, unless they are planning on building more space.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Where would the space for the largest club even fit into EWR, unless they are planning on building more space.

I believe the club will be elevated above those end gates. Could be possible.
(See post number 22 from Feb 11, 2019 for pics)
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

above the meatball joint near C124. If so, as far away from T1 and T2 as possible
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by narvik
I believe the club will be elevated above those end gates. Could be possible.
(See post number 22 from Feb 11, 2019 for pics)
That's correct. And one of the reasons it's taking so long is that the Port Authority insisted waiting until the existing leases for the food places were over. The elevator/escalator will be going approximately where the current pop-up is, which is why it has to close I was told.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Also told constructiion started TODAY on what will be UA network’s biggest club. In Terminal C with completion in 2021. Dunno about that
I'm pegging the over/under at June 2023.
narvik and manstein58 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton HHonors, AAdvantage, Tier 8 Status - Hotel Tonight
This is a pretty ridiculous situation. I wonder if they maybe should've put their renovation efforts into the C74 club instead to raise the roof, add another level and gut the hell out of the interior? There's already a ton of headroom space to do so and the club already has stairs and an elevator shaft. The pop up club thing was so tacky to begin with.

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
... or, maybe, how right UA was in moving to EWR? Could be they actually read the market correctly?

Anywho - back to taking a leak at EWR ... (Which, by the way, sometimes takes a leak for you. Look for the garbage barrels when it rains.)

The entire answer is the PANYNJ. The delays, the lack of construction, the mess - is ALL because of the Port Authority. I'm 100% convinced that UA would've had this all wrapped up by now if it were up to them. New UC's, less-gross bathrooms, all of it.
I read somewhere on here (or maybe it was Yelp or Trip Advisor) that urine can leak onto baggage claim and onto bags sometimes at EWR in Terminal C when it rains. I've definitely seen pigeons flying around year-round perched up on the display carousels. UA wants to convince travelers to use EWR because of their network but with some of EWR's major flaws (lack of club space, overly expensive dining options, crowds everywhere and a new pop up bathroom) some of them are complete deal breakers. It's obviously that UA got way too comfortable with it's EWR facilities during the merger and wasn't proactive enough.

You'd think PANYNJ would be a little less corrupt after their owner (mobster) bribed Smisek for his "Chairman's Flight" and got caught red headed, but I digress. Baba Booey.

Last edited by LAX_AUS_DL_FLYER; Jan 24, 2020 at 10:10 pm
Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by wxguy
That's correct. And one of the reasons it's taking so long is that the Port Authority insisted waiting until the existing leases for the food places were over. The elevator/escalator will be going approximately where the current pop-up is, which is why it has to close I was told.
So sounds similar to how they built the LAX club, which was build a new building over and around the current terminal 7, but just building inside the existing building vs outside. Correct me if I'm wrong.
wxguy likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:57 am

So that location sucks.

thats down in the international wing where most of the international flights come and go from. It still leaves a massive hole in the middle c2 section of the airport.

as it is when I leave from the middle gates going to the c74 club is useless due to how far away it is. This will be the same issue.

this location probably should have been the Polaris lounge and the original large UA Club should have been uograded.

i do not see this fixing any issues
Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by jp12687
So that location sucks.

thats down in the international wing where most of the international flights come and go from. It still leaves a massive hole in the middle c2 section of the airport.

as it is when I leave from the middle gates going to the c74 club is useless due to how far away it is. This will be the same issue.

this location probably should have been the Polaris lounge and the original large UA Club should have been uograded.

i do not see this fixing any issues
I'm guessing there's a lot of star gold international economy usage so that location handles that load but the polaris had to come first in existing space to handle the mandate to rollout that product. Would be nice if they built the new one as polaris since most but not nearly all of the intl activity is on C3 and converted the old one back to a standard club.

They need another one mid C regardless. The location of Saison and Classified would be perfect for a club and actually back against the Polaris lounge. Classified is...different...I like eating there but think it and Saison are a waste of prime space that would be better utilized by a club where you can be productive. Not privy to the economics that drive it all - i'm sure Delta would have loved a Skyclub in the main dining area of JFK T4 rather than a half a mile hike down the concourse.

By the time this club opens the new terminal 1 will be about ready which from the sound of it will have direct entry to the club from security. I'd bet more mainline flights make it over there and mid C gets some of the express activity again.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton HHonors, AAdvantage, Tier 8 Status - Hotel Tonight
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
I'm guessing there's a lot of star gold international economy usage so that location handles that load but the polaris had to come first in existing space to handle the mandate to rollout that product. Would be nice if they built the new one as polaris since most but not nearly all of the intl activity is on C3 and converted the old one back to a standard club.

They need another one mid C regardless. The location of Saison and Classified would be perfect for a club and actually back against the Polaris lounge. Classified is...different...I like eating there but think it and Saison are a waste of prime space that would be better utilized by a club where you can be productive. Not privy to the economics that drive it all - i'm sure Delta would have loved a Skyclub in the main dining area of JFK T4 rather than a half a mile hike down the concourse.

By the time this club opens the new terminal 1 will be about ready which from the sound of it will have direct entry to the club from security. I'd bet more mainline flights make it over there and mid C gets some of the express activity again.
Well, regardless of whatever delayed renovations UA has and hasn't done at EWR over the years, the rollout of Polaris was entirely too premature to securely get all the club issues addressed. Everyone I think knew EWR was going to be the biggest mess of them all in terms of reallocation of club space for the new lounge. In fact, I couldn't figure out at the time of why they didn't put the Polaris lounge in the C74 instead, as it needed renovations badly anyway.

I haven't been to EWR's Terminal C in a few years, but I watched a video tour of it last night on YouTube and noticed there are a lot more bars, pubs, sit down restaurants (some with a lot of space) that might be more pleasant than visiting the C74 club. Anyone look to do this or are they a zoo too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.