Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Opening18 May 2022?

Print Wikipost

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
I would not expect both of them to go away once the new club is opened. They may leave them in place and use them for peak demand periods, similar to how the C92 club is used now (only opens at 12:30 pm).
Well, the pop-ups will absolutely need to be open long enough to allow the C1 club to be refurbished. It's srely in need of a freshening.
I am pretty sure we know where it will be. We just don't know when it will be.
Indeed...
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Back on the subtopic of the supposedly being (slooowwwllly) built club upstairs in the C3 concourse. I walked by today and there really isn't much floor space to speak of. Is that space really large enough to replace even half of the old UC that is now the PL?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Back on the subtopic of the supposedly being (slooowwwllly) built club upstairs in the C3 concourse. I walked by today and there really isn't much floor space to speak of. Is that space really large enough to replace even half of the old UC that is now the PL?
This is my concern. I think it will have greater capacity than the pop-up nearby, but not by much. Of course they could really pack in the seats like the Club at LAS (a Priority Club offering so packed they are building a new one).
Or, more likely, they are going to do some structural work to expand the square footage.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
My sources (a friend in the Port Authority and some nice attendants in the pop-up at C124) say that the people working on it are really focused on getting the new club open next summer. That said the original date was this winter.
Maybe those sources meant the following summer, or the summer after that. I see no sign of any construction currently happening.
The pop-ups are supposed to be temporary. Are they waiting for Terminal One to be finished?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:45 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Maybe those sources meant the following summer, or the summer after that. I see no sign of any construction currently happening.
The pop-ups are supposed to be temporary. Are they waiting for Terminal One to be finished?
Perhaps we should take odds on which will be first the "new" EWR UC or the IAD Polaris Lounge?
PANYNJ vs MWAA
wxguy, Dublin_rfk, 8MiHi and 3 others like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 8, 2019 at 11:56 am Reason: PANYNJ vs MWAA
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:54 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Likewise. My last few trips thru EWR when I went to check on progress, it appears that nothing is being worked on, as in dead.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Perhaps we should take odds on which will be first the "new" EWR UC or the IAD Polaris Lounge?
PANYNJ vs MWAA
We waited well over a year without the UC in Terminal 1C in ORD - there is no excuse but typical of United - over promise and not have a meaningful plan - esp when charging extra for a service.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum | Amex Platinum
Recently, a UC staff rep at the EWR C3 pop-up lounge mentioned that the C3 UC will be finished in 16 months. He even pointed out at orange cones where support beams for the overhanging structure will be installed. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if completion will be in mid-2021 at the earliest (given UA's poor history of meeting deadlines)
Old Sep 26, 2019, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MrGood
Recently, a UC staff rep at the EWR C3 pop-up lounge mentioned that the C3 UC will be finished in 16 months.
With that, I'd peg the over under at mid-2023.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Originally Posted by MrGood
Recently, a UC staff rep at the EWR C3 pop-up lounge mentioned that the C3 UC will be finished in 16 months. He even pointed out at orange cones where support beams for the overhanging structure will be installed. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if completion will be in mid-2021 at the earliest (given UA's poor history of meeting deadlines)
UC staff seem clueless about this issue, but if true, that is a ridiculously long wait given the horrible EWR UC situation.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
There's now a sign on the pop-up C3 Club saying it will "close soon to allow construction of the new permanent Club." I asked the agent about timing, and she said "it has supposed to close for the past month." I asked how it was related to the construction, and she didn't know. I'm speculating this will be where the stairs/elevator will be that segregates it from the incoming immigration pathways. I asked if that will just leave the C1 rotunda club, and she nodded "yes."

If there was ever a time to relax Polaris admit rules, this is it -- maybe GS? Or lifetime members? Anything to relieve the pressure on the C1 Club.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wxguy
There's now a sign on the pop-up C3 Club saying it will "close soon to allow construction of the new permanent Club." I asked the agent about timing, and she said "it has supposed to close for the past month." I asked how it was related to the construction, and she didn't know. I'm speculating this will be where the stairs/elevator will be that segregates it from the incoming immigration pathways. I asked if that will just leave the C1 rotunda club, and she nodded "yes."

If there was ever a time to relax Polaris admit rules, this is it -- maybe GS? Or lifetime members? Anything to relieve the pressure on the C1 Club.
I noticed that sign up two or three weeks ago. I decided not to go in, though, since I saw an empty gate, and I had only about ten minutes. Sort of strange to put it up without a clear timeline.

Tiny silver lining: the rotunda club has a new pair of espresso machines. To me the cappuccino tasted better. They also had hard boiled eggs the morning that I went there.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:20 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)

Only at limited times. I was at the Polaris lounge at 4:30 and got essentially the last seat. So between- 3 and 7, this could not work. Earlier or later, maybe.

Edited to add: I see no mention of the other Popup at around C96 that opens after 2:30? It is tiny and smaller than the main popup, and crowded as well, but is a small benefit at the worse times (4-7 PM).

Last edited by Vulcan; Oct 14, 2019 at 9:32 am
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Only at limited times. I was at the Polaris lounge at 4:30 and got essentially the last seat. So between- 3 and 7, this could not work. Earlier or later, maybe.

Edited to add: I see no mention of the other Popup at around C96 that opens after 2:30? It is tiny and smaller than the main popup, and crowded as well, but is a small benefit at the worse times (4-7 PM).
So I just chatted with a GS agent at EWR who seemed to know his stuff. He said that UA has been ready to build the new C3 Club for a very long time, but the Port Authority has held things up. They had to wait for the retail leases at the end of C3 to terminate, as all of those places will close to make room for the new Club which will be on the second level, but the entrance and elevator/escalator room will take up space. The plan is to close the C3 pop-up at the end of November, and construction should take 12-18 months. During that time, the 92 pop-up Club will be open all day. In addition, all EWR Clubs will take one-day passes only in the morning.

I asked about the Polaris lounge for GS or MM exceptions, and he said it can't be done because of crowding during the afternoon/evening when it would be needed most -- and next summer will be worse than last summer as there will be seven more international flights in summer 2020 vs summer 2019. He said "it's going to be a zoo in the C1 Club."

At least there seems to be some progress.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
So I just chatted with a GS agent at EWR who seemed to know his stuff. He said that UA has been ready to build the new C3 Club for a very long time, but the Port Authority has held things up. They had to wait for the retail leases at the end of C3 to terminate, as all of those places will close to make room for the new Club which will be on the second level, but the entrance and elevator/escalator room will take up space. The plan is to close the C3 pop-up at the end of November, and construction should take 12-18 months. During that time, the 92 pop-up Club will be open all day. In addition, all EWR Clubs will take one-day passes only in the morning.

I asked about the Polaris lounge for GS or MM exceptions, and he said it can't be done because of crowding during the afternoon/evening when it would be needed most -- and next summer will be worse than last summer as there will be seven more international flights in summer 2020 vs summer 2019. He said "it's going to be a zoo in the C1 Club."

At least there seems to be some progress.
Interesting update....It is already a zoo at the United Club in Terminal C.

Can't imagine how bad it will be when they close the C3 Pop Up.
There has to be some space somewhere to put some additional temporary club space during the construction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.