Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Opening18 May 2022?

Print Wikipost

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
Unfortunately, I don't think United will do right by its United Club members and install showers, even if there is adequate room.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton HHonors, AAdvantage, Tier 8 Status - Hotel Tonight
Originally Posted by elitefreak
A historic structure?! Really?

My educated guess is that once T1 opens, they can demolish A and build a new facility there to continue the growth. Maybe to replace B? Or even C?
I find it a little odd that they're keeping this historic structure around and demolishing A-1, A-2, and A-3 without any kind of new consolidated concourse gate replacement coming out of the current Terminal A (perhaps where the current A-3 is.) I would imagine there is some space to do it for maybe like 12-15 additional gates? Could be nice opportunity to keep United Express out of Terminal 1 and have it be for the other US carriers so they can continue to expand operations without UA hogging gates up (which we all know they're eventually going to do once it opens.)
Old Jun 21, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by LAX_AUS_DL_FLYER
I find it a little odd that they're keeping this historic structure around and demolishing A-1, A-2, and A-3 without any kind of new consolidated concourse gate replacement coming out of the current Terminal A (perhaps where the current A-3 is.) I would imagine there is some space to do it for maybe like 12-15 additional gates? Could be nice opportunity to keep United Express out of Terminal 1 and have it be for the other US carriers so they can continue to expand operations without UA hogging gates up (which we all know they're eventually going to do once it opens.)
No chance. United is the largest T1 tenant by a considerable margin, and it wont be an all-Express operation. Pre-COVID, I believe the plan was to mostly integrate UAX and mainline operations at EWR and grow into a more mainline-heavy mix.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
EWR C3 concourse new club

Walking around EWR today noticed large area C3 end of concourse building a new club. Looks like 9 gates eliminated to build a new large club. C124-128 and C136-C139. Can United afford to loose all these gates not for the current situation. These were nice gates. The hike from A where UA has many gates is a hike. Maybe a club should have been part of the C3 design on next level.

Last edited by buckeyefanflyer; Jul 5, 2020 at 12:32 pm
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Originally Posted by SteveHK
No - the whole company only has a handful of capital projects ongoing (mostly essential and/or pre-funded ones). Unfortunately, EWR C3 club isn't one of them
Was there there today construction going on.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Walking around EWR today noticed large area C3 end of concourse building a new club. Looks like 9 gates eliminated to build a new large club. C124-128 and C136-C139. Can United afford to loose all these gates not for the current situation. These were nice gates. The hike from A where UA has many gates is a hike. Maybe a club should have been part of the C3 design on next level.
Those gates may be blocked off right now due to construction and low demand, but they certainly are nt being eliminated.
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Those gates may be blocked off right now due to construction and low demand, but they certainly are nt being eliminated.
I agree. It does make me wonder if the access to these gates will include a seating area under the new club (I expect this) or if there will be some narrowed access. I have not seen the plans, but it would keep me amused during these interesting times to contemplate what it will be like.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
I agree. It does make me wonder if the access to these gates will include a seating area under the new club (I expect this) or if there will be some narrowed access. I have not seen the plans, but it would keep me amused during these interesting times to contemplate what it will be like.
I believe these gates are temporarily blocked to allow construction of the escalators/stairs/elevators.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton HHonors, AAdvantage, Tier 8 Status - Hotel Tonight
Originally Posted by wxguy
I believe these gates are temporarily blocked to allow construction of the escalators/stairs/elevators.
It's my understanding UA was building the new club above the gates (like how the C-74 club is set up), so probably a temporary block off of sorts.

C-3 is prime real estate at EWR and especially used for security screening for the TLV flights. I would doubt they would give that up. It's also the youngest concourse in C that only opened in 2002.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:26 am

Just FYI Forgot to post here when I was traveling but C125 through C128 are definitely accessible during the construction.
narvik and 8MiHi like this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus

This is a view f the concourse from near gate C130 ... the blocked off area is huge. It's going to be a BIG club!
narvik, 8MiHi and DCFlyIAD like this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy

This is a view f the concourse from near gate C130 ... the blocked off area is huge. It's going to be a BIG club!
Here's the question... what is going to open first? The C-3 club or the Terminal 1 complex?!

Sadly, I feel the new EWR Terminal C club will suffer the same fate as the LAX UC. Ambitious plans, with quality "hard" amenities (e.g., showers) that are ultimately sacrificed for cost savings, leaving a pleasant, but slightly less-competitive product for years to come...
Old Jul 29, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by EWR764
Sadly, I feel the new EWR Terminal C club will suffer the same fate as the LAX UC. Ambitious plans, with quality "hard" amenities (e.g., showers) that are ultimately sacrificed for cost savings, leaving a pleasant, but slightly less-competitive product for years to come...
THAT sums up pretty much everything positive United has ever done in the last 10+ years; e.g. the Polaris in-flight experience, and Polaris lounges immediately come to mind.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by narvik
THAT sums up pretty much everything positive United has ever done in the last 10+ years; e.g. the Polaris in-flight experience, and Polaris lounges immediately come to mind.
True... but the ebbs and flows of soft product are to be expected. Decisions made pertaining to major capital projects are really tough to undo!
narvik likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 10:08 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
posted on airliners.net
Originally Posted by VC10er
I was on my way through EWR to LA, I departed from the concourse to the far left of the Polaris lounge. There are enormous plastic (floor to ceiling) construction barriers made of a very think plastic curtain, exactly where the elevator/escalators would be to the new rooftop United Club. And there was quite a bit of construction noise.
I would have assumed UA put a hold on the construction of that (rumored) big glass lounge, but has UA decided to keep going so its built and ready in a couple of years?. ...
narvik likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.