Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO - CDG Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by keisari
I am looking at the seat map and rows 20-22 are E+ but only two on the side vs three further down
is that because of the retrofit?
This means it is the premium economy / premium plus seat in those rows. UA is presently not selling those seats as a separate cabin and are labeling them as E+.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BruceWG
I was able to get seats in row 20 for my wife and myself - thank you all for the input.
Awesome. I hope you'll give us a report on the seats.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Will do.

Originally Posted by Giggleswick
Congratulations, Bruce. I did manage to get something a bit better than before: a G seat not too close to the lavatories. I like G because the I prefer to have the aisle on my right and if I'm lucky only one person will want to crawl over me, as opposed to the aisle seat in the side sections where there are always two people needing to do so. We peasants back in E- can be satisfied with so little. Bon voyage!
Thanks....we're in 20 F/G - please swing by and say hi.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 23, 2018 at 11:31 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member; please use multi-quote
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
In Paris now - smooth flight, on time. Rows 20-22 are labeled Premium Plus and there is a brochure in the holder, "Coming soon". It will be a new class of service bur for now it's just the seats that are different. Main difference is the leg rest. I'd have to say overall the new seat was OK. I'm pretty easy to please and I really didn't find it to be especially comfortable; even with the leg rest extended I had a hard time finding a position to make sleeping reasonable.

It was interesting that one of the flight attendants was taking some photos of the area, he mentioned no one on the crew had seen it before. A couple of the flight attendants were interested in how everything worked, asked a few questions when serving. Included is a decent set of headphones (a step about the throw-aways they pass out but not noise cancelling (yet). Took a good 10 minutes to find the plug (in the back of the tray area , had to flip up part of the connector to find it).

Some photos below:

Last edited by BruceWG; Oct 24, 2018 at 11:08 am
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BruceWG
I'd have to say overall the new seat was OK. I'm pretty easy to please and I really didn't find it to be especially comfortable; even with the leg rest extended I had a hard time finding a position to make sleeping reasonable.
Sounds like something you purchase to escape the now 10 across Y cabin, rather than on its own merits.
seenitall likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.