Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance lounge in EZE open to Polaris customers?

Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:23 am
Original Poster

I can't find the right place to post this. Wondering if passengers traveling in Polaris have access to the Star Alliance lounge in EZE. And is it located in Terminal A which is where I think United flights leave from?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by zitsky
I can't find the right place to post this. Wondering if passengers traveling in Polaris have access to the Star Alliance lounge in EZE. And is it located in Terminal A which is where I think United flights leave from?
If departing, yes.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Normal Star rules apply - any Star international business class boarding pass gets you into any Star member/Star operated business lounge
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
While the lounge isn't technically in "A" - it is in the common international gate area. It is upstairs by gate 9 (in the new gate area). It could be very close to your gate, or a hike. You need not worry about what terminal you're technically in after you clear security and exit migraciones because the gates are simply numbered in sequence (without letters).
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:51 am
Original Poster

OK, I appreciate the replies. If there are any other tips, I'd be interested. It has been a long time since I transited through EZE.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
OK, I appreciate the replies. If there are any other tips, I'd be interested. It has been a long time since I transited through EZE.
The only other tip is to plan an hour for post-check in exit procedures. A few days ago (I arrived EZE just after the mad North America departure rush), I was through security and migraciones in 10 minutes or less. But it can take an hour or more during peak (or not peak, but understaffed) times. The worst that can happen to you is that you end up drinking more of the *A lounge wines, which are very good.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Don't arrive too early! Immigration will have a cow if you do OLCI and try to exit >3 hours before your flight. I was planning to work in the *A lounge after checking out from my hotel and it took quite a lot of bureaucracy for someone to stamp me out of country.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Don't arrive too early! Immigration will have a cow if you do OLCI and try to exit >3 hours before your flight. I was planning to work in the *A lounge after checking out from my hotel and it took quite a lot of bureaucracy for someone to stamp me out of country.
Is this for real? I was going to get dropped off at the airport at 4.30. My flight isn't until 10.20. Didnt someone tell me there is a restaurant pre security? Maybe we could sit there?

What if I check in at the counter? Same problem?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this for real? I was going to get dropped off at the airport at 4.30. My flight isn't until 10.20. Didnt someone tell me there is a restaurant pre security? Maybe we could sit there?

Not sure if the check in counter will be open that early.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver

I did this back in July..

The check-in counter won't be open that early. Only chance you have to get in will be from a kiosk or online printed boarding pass and that's assuming carry-on only.

First obstacle you'll hit is likely the 'greeter' in front of the security lines.. they thought I was crazy but eventually let me through when I said I just wanted to use the lounge.

Immigration wasn't prepared to deal with me that early. From what I understand, they only have a set chunk of flights they check off passengers against, and by arriving that early you won't even be on a flight that they're reconciling against. In my case it took about 30 minutes to get the immigration supervisor involved to 1) verify that my flight would be departing that terminal later on and 2) manually process me through.

I would fully expect the same problems if I did it again, but everyone was somewhat friendly and I did get to pass through, so I think you'll be fine.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

So for a 10.20pm flight I should be at the airport at 7pm? Does that sound right? Or is that too early?

I guess I need to leave time to check in a bag?

Thanks for the replies.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So for a 10.20pm flight I should be at the airport at 7pm? Does that sound right? Or is that too early?

I guess I need to leave time to check in a bag?

Thanks for the replies.
According to this link, check in counters open 3 hours prior to scheduled departure time;

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...h-america.html
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Ok I'll just do the usual... get there 3 hours early and make my way through checkin and security etc

Good thing is that we're in Polaris so maybe lines won't be so bad.

Even if I don't have time for the lounge, I'll just have dinner on the plane.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.