Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"You don't have permission to access" errors while searching on united.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"You don't have permission to access" errors while searching on united.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Been having to use an incognito window in Chrome. Grrrrrr.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:27 pm

I can't even do a search. In regular or incognito.

Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Dump your cookies and try again. I was running into this until I completely wiped United.com out of my browser and started fresh. Has been ok since.

(If you don't know how to do that, easiest way if you're using Chrome, is to hit F12 on your keyboard, go to the "Application" tab, find "Cookies" on the left side. Right click united.com and select "Clear". Then hit F12 again to close the tools window, and reload the page.)
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Darlox
Dump your cookies and try again. I was running into this until I completely wiped United.com out of my browser and started fresh. Has been ok since.

(If you don't know how to do that, easiest way if you're using Chrome, is to hit F12 on your keyboard, go to the "Application" tab, find "Cookies" on the left side. Right click united.com and select "Clear". Then hit F12 again to close the tools window, and reload the page.)
Nope...didn't work.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Darlox

Perfect metaphor, the new webpage makes one toss one's cookies.
iluv2fly, choch345, LAXOGG and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.united.com/ual/en/us/flight-search/book-a-flight/results/rev?" on this server.Reference #18.3d613417.1539813039.23b53585
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: SkyTean, Star Alliance, HHonors
That looks like one of CloudFlare's or some other DDoS protection company's error messages. My guess is they're getting DDoS'd and you're getting caught in the fallout.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:49 pm

It's Akamai, not CloudFlare. Unfortunately, Akamai is known for producing extremely high rates of false positives.

2 possible causes
* your browser is sending headers that don't pass a conformity check, could be corrupted cookies or just headers exceeding a certain size. Akamai can be very picky, and can easily deny access to a lot of legitimate requests.
* your IP has a bad reputation according to Akamai

Try incognito mode, or better yet, another browser to see if it is the first reason. Try hooking up to a mobile hotspot to get another IP, together with incognito mode, to see if it is the second reason.

Note in case of the first reason, my experience is that using another browser only very temporarily fixes the issue, until your headers again don't pass some conformity check.

If both don't fix the issue, we'd need to know more about what country you're in, if you're using a VPN, anything out of the ordinary, etc.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by findark
Happened to me several months ago when collating R space. Unclear if deliberate or not.
Same here.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:36 pm

These are Akamai false positives.

Currently covered in "You don't have permission to access" errors while searching on united.com - although I expect that thread to be merged with this one.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: Cattle Class
I had the same. Same error was also coming on hhonors and aa websites. This is akamai blocking the IP, why would they be blocking the residential IP addresses, beyond me.
Changed my IP address and issue went away. In order to change my IP I had to change the MAC address of my router so the ISP assigns a new IP.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:37 am

This seems to happen to me while using uBlock/Ghostery. With uBlock turned off - no errors. I guess they want you to accept scammy tracking cookies to prove you are human.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by br2k
This seems to happen to me while using uBlock/Ghostery. With uBlock turned off - no errors. I guess they want you to accept scammy tracking cookies to prove you are human.
Bingo. Using uBlock.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bonehead
Bingo. Using uBlock.
That's unfortunate, but uBlock is worth more to me
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by br2k
That's unfortunate, but uBlock is worth more to me
Again, Incognito mode in Chrome works with my UA flight searches, so I don't have to disable uBlock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.