Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD United club with showers & access

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:48 am
Original Poster

ORD United club with showers & access

I知 sorry for the noobish question. I have been googling and can稚 figure out if I can have a shower at ORD after my international flight. I知 flying ZRH-ORD-AUS tomorrow on Swiss, award flight booked through United. I知 in Business for the international leg, but not the domestic one. I don稚 think I can get into the Polaris lounge on arrival via a partner flight, or can I? Unfortunately I don稚 have any status anymore. Do any of the other United lounges have showers? Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Unless you have United Gold status or better, you will have no United Club access for an arrival on Swiss (even if booked w/ United). An arrival on United from Europe would have gotten access to Polaris Lounge w/ showers or a United Club. There are no showers in United Clubs. Sorry for bad news.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Oct 16, 2018 at 9:58 am
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Well shoot, I have a 5 hour layover at ORD. I used to be Plat. but not anymore Oh well.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Airline_Brat
Well shoot, I have a 5 hour layover at ORD. I used to be Plat. but not anymore Oh well.
You wouldn't gain access to the Polaris lounge even with status. You would gain access on departure, even on partner flights, but with arrival, only UA metal international long haul Polaris routes would qualify.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Repooc17
You wouldn't gain access to the Polaris lounge even with status. You would gain access on departure, even on partner flights, but with arrival, only UA metal international long haul Polaris routes would qualify.
yes, I figured I wouldn稚 get Polaris, and probably no shower. But for some reason I thought I could at least get into the regular lounge on arrival.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:39 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Airline_Brat
.....But for some reason I thought I could at least get into the regular lounge on arrival.
For departure lounges (which is most *A lounges), the basic access is based your departure flight.
There are additional access provisions for those with status or those arriving via the lounge operator's flights or those having lounge memberships (note while these can apply to UCs, the Polaris lounge only exception is lounge operator's arrival flight)
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If you REALLY need to shower, there is the day room rate at the O'Hare Hilton.
onthesam likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Had you looked into changing to a Polaris Lounge-eligible itinerary, i.e. ZRH-LHR-ORD-AUS?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by sannmann
Had you looked into changing to a Polaris Lounge-eligible itinerary, i.e. ZRH-LHR-ORD-AUS?
@pseudoswede’s suggestion is probably less expensive and easier all the way around.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not going to help with a shower, but you may be able to access the Swiss lounge in Chicago based on your arrival in their business class - the Swiss forum might be a better place to ask to confirm access but I think the do allow access on arrival if you can physically get to the lounge (just like UA do).

It's in T5 which is the terminal you'll arrive into, but you'll need to clear security to get in (using your UA boarding pass), and then re-clear security in the United terminal again before your flight as there's no air-side connection/transport in that direction.

Debatable if it's worth the effort, but if you've got 5 hours it might be just to kill the time...
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
If you REALLY need to shower, there is the day room rate at the O'Hare Hilton.
or, maybe buy a day pass at another lounge........
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:42 pm

Instead of a day room, a couple-year-old thread here on FT mentioned you could get a day pass to the spa/pool area for $10.

The hotel's direct number is +1-773-686-8000

With 5 hours, you could also head to a blue line neighborhood like Logan Square, walk around, have a nice meal, and head back.
onthesam likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:45 pm

Not going to help with a shower, but you may be able to access the Swiss lounge in Chicago based on your arrival in their business class - the Swiss forum might be a better place to ask to confirm access but I think the do allow access on arrival if you can physically get to the lounge (just like UA do).

It's in T5 which is the terminal you'll arrive into, but you'll need to clear security to get in (using your UA boarding pass), and then re-clear security in the United terminal again before your flight as there's no air-side connection/transport in that direction.

Debatable if it's worth the effort, but if you've got 5 hours it might be just to kill the time...
I don't think that'll work -- they don't let you go over to T5 unless you have an international departure.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by zoned_post_meridiem
I don't think that'll work -- they don't let you go over to T5 unless you have an international departure.
You'll just need to exit security and enter T5 landside.

ORD won't allow use of the airside shuttle to T5 unless you have an INTL boarding pass.

But TSA should, by policy, not care about the terminal on your boarding pass. If your boarding pass is valid for some terminal at ORD, it is valid for all terminals at ORD. The agent at the podium will probably tell you you are in the wrong terminal but you can say it's fine you are there to use the lounge.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Hilton Dayroom or Spa Day Pass will make your stay a lot more enjoyable. The Hilton is connected to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.