Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United 2019 Domestic Network Changes -- 22 new routes, some reductions/deletions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United 2019 Domestic Network Changes -- 22 new routes, some reductions/deletions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM/GS, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
It took my reading most of the thread to realize that HAM is Hamburg, not Hamilton Bermuda . Kept wondering why people were bringing up Berlin as a non sequitur...
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ryder1650
Interesting, they chose times that are very different than SFO-CVG. Guess this helps prevent cannibalization and give people more options in Southern Ohio. Travel to DAY a lot from SFO and I would probably take the redeye to CMH and then the evening return from CVG.

Also, if you are flying TPAC, can fly to Asia from CMH and then when returning, go through CVG.
CVG->SFO lines up pretty well with SIN 11AM departure, with a 1 hour, 20 min connect time . That 1-stop CVG->SIN is pretty impressive.
But yes, the return does not line up well.

Open Jaw (CVG/CMH) with SFO would be a challenge for most Ohio residents, as it would involved rental cars or something. For SFO residents, could work.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:23 am

The IAD-PHL cut is annoying. Especially with the limited frequencies on PHL-ORD/IAH. In my experience, they offered more PHL-IAD connections than ORD/IAH. Flights like PHL-AUS/SAT/DFW/MCI/LAX all had a number of options over the other hubs. Likely what led to the downfall of the route because it was 99% cheap connections. Would like to see a flight or two added to one of the other hubs.

It's worth noting that AA does not compete directly on PHL-IAD and AA is down to 2-4 daily on PHL-DCA.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by aresef
Hmmm I'd really like it if they brought back EWR-BWI. I'm over here with my Chase card and slightly throttled travel options.
They are resurfacing the walking path. It will be faster, I suspect that Amtrak makes the flying route untenable.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
I thought they finished that a few years ago.......oh well, I just know almost every flight from CHS I talk to someone either coming from or going to HHH.

Now, lets hope they don't jack up the price too much
The longer HHH runway just went into operation in July, by some media accounts.
Hipplewm likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by rowenb
It took my reading most of the thread to realize that HAM is Hamburg, not Hamilton Bermuda . Kept wondering why people were bringing up Berlin as a non sequitur...
We're talking about Berlin, Connecticut.
jsloan and truncated like this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nova08
The IAD-PHL cut is annoying. Especially with the limited frequencies on PHL-ORD/IAH. In my experience, they offered more PHL-IAD connections than ORD/IAH. Flights like PHL-AUS/SAT/DFW/MCI/LAX all had a number of options over the other hubs. Likely what led to the downfall of the route because it was 99% cheap connections. Would like to see a flight or two added to one of the other hubs.

It's worth noting that AA does not compete directly on PHL-IAD and AA is down to 2-4 daily on PHL-DCA.
UA's ZFV codeshare service is still reliably competitively priced, and reasonably convenient. I wonder how many people actually use it though.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:02 am

I always want to fly Newark-Manchester since its closer to my destination but its priced way too high. Mostly end up flying into BOS on United or Jetblue.
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
UA's ZFV codeshare service is still reliably competitively priced, and reasonably convenient. I wonder how many people actually use it though.
Not only can this be heavily discounted; it is quite convenient and works pretty well. I was positively impressed when I did this (in the other direction, ZFV-EWR) earlier this year.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

mistake!

Last edited by fumje; Oct 16, 2018 at 11:46 am Reason: wrong information
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
EWR-MHT is still operating. It is IAD-MHT that was cancelled. I actually didn't notice they'd added IAD-MHT. There used to be ORD-MHT also; not sure when that went away.

And in the theme of things I hadn't noticed, I am also sort of surprised IAD-ELM was ever added. I would have thought there was barely enough traffic to justify EWR-ELM.

Both MHT and ELM-EWR are getting replaced by IAD. That’s the point.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dinoscool3

Both MHT and ELM-EWR are getting replaced by IAD. That’s the point.
Oops, thanks. Complete failure to read.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Often1
They are resurfacing the walking path. It will be faster, I suspect that Amtrak makes the flying route untenable.
​​​​​​
My problem isn't "how will I get to New York," I'm not starving for options. My problem is the lack of air access to connections to the northeast that aren't as available at ORD, or connections elsewhere that aren't as efficient at ORD. I get that WN is always an option and that I could quit my bellyaching and go to IAD but, uh, I'd rather not.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I guess UA's presence at PHL is shrinking. I typically go through IAD when flying to the southeast. The only time I connect INTL was back when they still went to DXB. Anyways, I am going to miss running over to the TK lounge at IAD. I don't think I'll be going to IAD again anytime soon.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by eng3
I guess UA's presence at PHL is shrinking. I typically go through IAD when flying to the southeast. The only time I connect INTL was back when they still went to DXB. Anyways, I am going to miss running over to the TK lounge at IAD. I don't think I'll be going to IAD again anytime soon.
Dropping IAD - PHL is the worst news in their updated schedule. A little bit surprising given they want to increase connections over IAD. I'm a big fan of the IAD bank arriving around 9 and then the subsequent departures at 10. Makes departures and connections after a full day of work so much easier.
narvik likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.