Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Schedule Change - It Automatically "Accepts"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM

I saw on an itinerary that there was a schedule change. I saw it, and closed it out without doing anything like hit Accept or Change. I went back into the reservation and it no longer came up with a schedule change. I have had this happen before. Is it typical that if you open a Schedule Change and do not hit any button that it automatically Accepts the change and now I cannot change it?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
I've had the same thing happen recently. Quite annoying as i would've taken advantage of the change and rearrange the trip a bit.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Even if it auto-accepts, you still have the same options available to you.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
How do you know that?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by garkster
How do you know that?
It's not a new thing. I've had auto-accepted itineraries, and I've gotten United to make changes just as if there was no acceptance.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Agree - it’s not a “done deal”. Have managed to get UA to make reasonable itinerary changes even after “accepting”. Doesn’t seem like they are rigid in holding such an “agreement” against a customer.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Agree - it’s not a “done deal”. Have managed to get UA to make reasonable itinerary changes even after “accepting”. Doesn’t seem like they are rigid in holding such an “agreement” against a customer.
Complete agree you still maintain the same options if the system "auto-accepts" and
completely agree this auto-accepting has been occurring for some time -- it may be doing it quicker than before but it was doing this years ago.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Complete agree you still maintain the same options if the system "auto-accepts" and
completely agree this auto-accepting has been occurring for some time -- it may be doing it quicker than before but it was doing this years ago.
I had a really weird one recently:

SNA-EWR (NS) in December. I never accepted a schedule change and only noticed because of the routing--The computer automatically rebooked me on SNA-ORD-EWR making the transit time 2 1/2 hours longer for measly 45 minute schedule change. It shocked me, and I asked the 1K agent why the computer thought it was OK to reroute me on a connection flight (through ORD, no less, one of the worst winter airports!). She had no idea, but promptly put me back on a NS.

Last edited by zombietooth; Oct 13, 2018 at 7:59 am
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Sneaky way to get people to keep the itinerary that the system suggests, or pay a change fee through the site if they don't realize that they still have the right to call them up and request changes for free.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not a new thing. I've had auto-accepted itineraries, and I've gotten United to make changes just as if there was no acceptance.
Same with DL (who makes it clearer that you still have rights even after the change has been accepted). Not accepting the change doesn't actually give you any additional rights. You can't expect a refund/free change just because you didn't "accept" a 10 minute schedule change.

Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta Plat, UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
unless it is major or it cuts a connection time to danger levels, then UA has not (in the past) helped me without a fee. Granted I guess I shouldn't be asking for a change if the layover goes from 55 to 1hr 10 lol
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I am thrilled with this change. Just had my first experience and received email and then new itinerary.

For the past year or so, every schedule change, no matter how minor, would not allow me to accept the change. The reservation was stuck and I would need to call to get the change accepted.

This will be a time saver for me. I can look at the email that informs me of the change and if acceptable I do not need to do anything. If it is unacceptable then I can call.

Kudos to United for a change I like.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From my current experience, I don't see any change. Schedule changes have always been auto-'accepted' after some duration. However, I by happenstance just got a schedule change yesterday, and today still, no matter how many times I navigate away and then bring it back up again, it gives me the red text again.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
If you keep seeing the red, it's most likely due to an RPU/instrument being applied. An agent has to clean that up.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aacharya
If you keep seeing the red, it's most likely due to an RPU/instrument being applied. An agent has to clean that up.
(If you were responding to my post) perhaps I didn't explain what I meant clearly: I don't see any automatic acceptance, i.e. no change in behaviour from last month / last year / etc. When I finally clicked accept, the notice went away. Yes, what you describe is what I observe when an instrument and a change leave the reservation out of sync.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.