Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA Pre disappears after upgrade {name formatting issue?}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre disappears after upgrade {name formatting issue?}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
On a similar note, unless they're using the new system that been trialed at ORD and other airports (ID scan to find flight information), I don't think the scanner connects to the airline systems at all to verify the flight info? I'm assuming it's all encoded in the QR code with flight & precheck information.

Just saw this reply after my previous one. The last few times I've departed through ORD T2, they have been trialing a system that scans your ID and then verifies you have an actual flight;they don't scan your BP at all in that case. I'm assuming that system is online connecting to the airline systems. The other option is that is takes a download periodically throughout the day, but that could cause problems with last minute bookings, so that new system is probably online.
Thanks everyone for clarifying about connectivity of the TSA BP scanners! At IAD last Wednesday, they had the ID scanner system in use: stuck my US passport card in a device, and let me through TSA Pre w/o asking for BP.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
How do you get SSSS when you have GE?
The same way you get SSSS when you don't.
Xyzzy and canadiancow like this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420
GE does NOT guarantee you will not get a random security screen. I believe if you read all the fine print when you apply it says something to that effect.
Global Entry is actually not connected to TSA Precheck at all. I think that some people get confused because if you get GE, you automatically get TSA Pre as well, but they are two different products.

The random security screening would be more related to TSA Pre. Yes I was aware that having TSA Pre does not guarantee getting it, but this was the first (and so far only) time that I did not get it since having TSA Pre. PAP wouldn't necessarily have TSA Pre accommodations anyway, but I didn't get it on my FLL-PHL segment either.

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
How do you get SSSS when you have GE?
You probably got this figured out by now, but Global Entry is about immigration and customs, not airport security.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:31 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Why do people persist in using TAs when online is so simple these days?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The same way you get SSSS when you don't.
In other words... a Trusted Traveler is not a trusted traveler.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 1P
Why do people persist in using TAs when online is so simple these days?
OP mentioned that it is in reference to his company travel agency (e.g., AmEx, cwt, WTS, BCD, etc.). Granted, they are generally booked through online portals, but are a requirement for many corporate travelers (including me). If I am flying for work, flights, hotels, car must be booked through our travel agency, by policy.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
OP mentioned that it is in reference to his company travel agency (e.g., AmEx, cwt, WTS, BCD, etc.). Granted, they are generally booked through online portals, but are a requirement for many corporate travelers (including me). If I am flying for work, flights, hotels, car must be booked through our travel agency, by policy.
That is correct (except I'm a "she" )

My company requires me to use our corporate TA, and in fact I usually don't even book my own travel directly; one of our admins handles it.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LTBoston
That is correct (except I'm a "she" )

My company requires me to use our corporate TA, and in fact I usually don't even book my own travel directly; one of our admins handles it.
Thanks for the correction
Same situation for me. Required to book through our corp travel portal, admin usually handles bookings. In fact, for overseas travel, they must book via phone, so my admin handles ALL of the intercontinental travel.
LTBoston likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.