Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:26 am

Same issur

Big +1 here, glad it's not just me.

Never had this problem for years, now need to login every few hours. This is just after the iOS 12 upgrade. IPhone 7 Plus, so it's not a Face ID or newer hardware issue. Tried deleting the app and reinstalling, and of course that didn't work, similar to many others in the thread.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1K
iPhone X released iOS 12 and no issues at all
Old Sep 30, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by kirkt
iPhone X released iOS 12 and no issues at all
Wait for it.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Iphone X with IOS 12 released version, immediate issue after upgrading on Day 1. Daily sign in. Its an obvious issue not sure why such a delay in releasing an update.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
United Twitter support confirmed United IT is aware and working on a "fix". Guess the Apps group's been on vacation for the past week or two because they are awfully slow in fixing this major bug.
LordHamster and EWR764 like this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
United Twitter support confirmed United IT is aware and working on a "fix". Guess the Apps group's been on vacation for the past week or two because they are awfully slow in fixing this major bug.
At least they've acknowledged it. Now, if only Apple provided a preview of their upcoming OS releases so that this kind of thing wouldn't happen. Although it could be unstable by nature, developers could use it to refine their software and fix any bugs before everything ships to the public
Old Sep 30, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by eeflyer
At least they've acknowledged it. Now, if only Apple provided a preview of their upcoming OS releases so that this kind of thing wouldn't happen. Although it could be unstable by nature, developers could use it to refine their software and fix any bugs before everything ships to the public
If only
But seriously, I imagine UA had tons of bug reports from those of us who were running the iOS 12 beta months ago. Was it that difficult of a fix or were the reports just ignored?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
iPhone X
iOS 12.0
United App Version 2.1.60

Similar reports as above...getting logged out of app, and then after logging back in, my reservations aren't there (this has been hit or miss)
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
My MO has been to wait weeks if not months to update IOS, and based on this I’m glad I continue with this practice.
chavala likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Given the iOS Mobile App is how most people access United - this is completely ridiculous. United IT has gone backwards between the website improvements (which are a disaster) and the mobile app. I now have to enter my password and fingerprint after it logs me off.
@UNITED - does anyone test your software?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:45 pm

The update will be handled by the Polaris rollout team.

Next month, they will announce the fix with great fanfare. By in late 2019, we'll see the first few phones receive the fix. By 2022, 80% of phones should be updated.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bldr1k
Given the iOS Mobile App is how most people access United -
??? Any supporting data for that statement?

But still, it is surprizing this is talking so long. However, it is far from clear whose issue this and if UA could work around it without Apple's help.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
??? Any supporting data for that statement?

But still, it is surprizing this is talking so long. However, it is far from clear whose issue this and if UA could work around it without Apple's help.
I have 20+ apps on my phone that require login. NONE of them are exhibiting this bug. While Apple's upgrade, may have caused the issue... they certainly aren't the reason this hasn't been patched yet. Bear in mind, iOS 12 Beta has been out for MONTHS
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LordHamster
I have 20+ apps on my phone that require login. NONE of them are exhibiting this bug. While Apple's upgrade, may have caused the issue... they certainly aren't the reason this hasn't been patched yet. Bear in mind, iOS 12 Beta has been out for MONTHS
Beta's are always evolving -- the final release can have new issues not seen in the beta.

However, I will freely admit I have no idea where the problem lies, I suspect nor does anyone else posting here but we do have this
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
It's also quite possible the bug is Apple's issue, not United's. The (non-travel related) app my team wrote is broken on iOS12 now. Worked great in betas but Apple broke something in the full release of the code. Apple has admitted it's their bug and are working on fixing it. That means 12.0.1 will likely have the fix.

If United is in the same boat they are either scrambling to find a work-around or they're just waiting for 12.0.1 so they don't have to waste so many hours trying to code a change that will be fixed by Apple soon.

Just a guess. I don't know if this is truly an Apple bug causing United's issues but it's highly possible.

-RM
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:13 pm

This entire thread started on August 8th with Beta 4. So it is 100% clear to me that nothing suddenly broke in the final release. Not saying the solution can be quick or easy... just pointing out it is well known and has been for quite some time.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Beta's are always evolving -- the final release can have new issues not seen in the beta.

However, I will freely admit I have no idea where the problem lies, I suspect nor does anyone else posting here but we do have this

From August 8th:
Originally Posted by m0nk3y
Is anyone else getting auto-logged out and having their data cleared constantly, read: every day, if not more frequently?
When I sign in, my upcoming flights, recent searches, home airports, etc. are all blank. I then refresh the "wallet" and within a few minutes my upcoming flights will show up (the other items do not come back).
The next day, the app has logged me out and the cycle repeats

Is this happening to anyone else? Been going on for 1-2 weeks now and It's infuriating! iPhone 8 with iOS 12 Beta 4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.