Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone iOS 12 with UA app issue - will not stay logged on!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by m0nk3y
Damn, as I submitted that comment, I clicked the "update" button for iOS12 Public Beta 5 in hopes that would solve the issue. Apparently it won't...
It’s happening to me still on beta 10. I wonder what they’re doing differently- no other apps are behaving this way.

Originally Posted by br2k
Recent attempts to change reservations or book tickets through the app (iOS) open mobile website in a built-in web browser. Much less convenient than a built-in change or booking flow that was in the app previously.

Is this a new app design? Something I am doing?
Certain more complex itineraries go through the web flow for changes. I think I’ve seen it on some international and also award flights.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:57 pm

I'm also seeing the logging-out issue on the iOS 12 GM. Seeing as how it goes public tomorrow, I hope United has a fix coming out soon.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by eeflyer
I'm also seeing the logging-out issue on the iOS 12 GM. Seeing as how it goes public tomorrow, I hope United has a fix coming out soon.
me too. I'm getting logged out all the time. Been on iOS12 beta for about a week
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Still happening for me too.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
iOS12, iPhone8 - like above, app is logging out and have to re-login each day, unlike in the past. Annoying, as it blanks out Book a Flight, favorite airports, etc.

Also, after logging in, in My Reservations the app replaced YYZ (Toronto) with VCE (Venice, Italy), for 4 active reservations. A refresh fixed it

Last edited by seanp7; Sep 19, 2018 at 12:30 pm
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by erickliu
The ios app logs me out all the time as well, I'm not too sure what update that stemmed from but i'm sure they are aware. As for everything else, just plain bad tech support on their part.
i would always remain logged in until I updated to ios12. Now I’m logged out consistently
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chukiechz

i would always remain logged in until I updated to ios12. Now I’m logged out consistently
I'm a bit sorry this conversation is buried under a generic subject line.

The constant need to log into the app is driving me insane. The stored login/password doesn't work, it logs me out constantly, and then I have to click through the enable fingerprint recognition every time. Um, UA IT"S ENABLED ALREADY.

This is on a iphone, I tracked two dates that could be important, I upgraded the app on 9/12, and I switched to IOS12 2 days ago. I think, but am not 100% sure that the problem started after the app update, but it could also be IOS12 related.

This really needs a fix, pronto.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:47 am

Glad it's not only me. The United iOS app logs me out constantly since the iOS 12 upgrade. Hope they have a fix soon.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by milepig
I'm a bit sorry this conversation is buried under a generic subject line.

The constant need to log into the app is driving me insane. The stored login/password doesn't work, it logs me out constantly, and then I have to click through the enable fingerprint recognition every time. Um, UA IT"S ENABLED ALREADY.

This is on a iphone, I tracked two dates that could be important, I upgraded the app on 9/12, and I switched to IOS12 2 days ago. I think, but am not 100% sure that the problem started after the app update, but it could also be IOS12 related.

This really needs a fix, pronto.
I am not on iOS 12 and do not have the app problem. After reading all of this I will be staying at iOS 11.4 indefinitely.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just to add to the noise, I've had no problems with the app maintaining my logged in state with touch ID, and yesterday picked up my first new iPhone in years, and everything still works seamlessly with FaceID. Also haven't had a problem with wi-fi subscriptions.

I realize this is somewhat pointless and an isolated anecdote, just saying that possibly everyone doesn't need to worry!
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K; HA Pualani Gold, SWA A-List; Aloha Silver (RIP); HH Gold
Add me to the list of iOS12 users that have to login everytime now.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Try deleting the app and reinstalling. Seems to have positive effect for me on iOS 12.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:28 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
I updated to iOS 12 a couple days ago and can use the UA app without needing to log in each time. As soon as I press the UA app icon on the main screen, up pops the app with my info.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VWang1111
Try deleting the app and reinstalling. Seems to have positive effect for me on iOS 12.
After limited testing, this seems to have worked for me. I removed it from the device and then redownloaded from the cloud. Maybe UA should just force an update.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VWang1111
A standard troubleshooting technique, of course. Deleting an app removes all the saved settings; a good thing if there has been this kind of issue.

I've done it TWICE with no joy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.