Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Updates to MP Premier Program -1K PQD $15K, P fare 150%, fewer RPU, Bag waiver & more

Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Today we’re introducing a few updates for members with MileagePlus Premier® status — some of which are already in effect and some that will come later. These updates include added benefits related to boarding groups and baggage allowances, as well as adjustments to our upgrade structure and Premier 1K® status qualification requirements.

Better boarding

Effective on September 18, 2018

· Premier® 1K® members will be called to board during pre-boarding ahead of Group 1

· Premier Gold members will now board with Boarding Group1, previous in Group 2

Baggage allowance for Premier members

Effective on September 28, 2018:

All Premier® members, regardless of Premier status, will receive the same standard weight allowance for checked baggage: 70 lbs. (32 kg.)

Additionally:

· All Premier members flying in United Business®, United First®, or United Polaris® business class are allowed up to three bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.

· Premier Gold members flying in United Economy® between the U.S. and Europe are allowed three bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.

· Premier Silver members flying in United Economy between the U.S. and Europe are allowed two bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.

Premier qualification requirements

Effective on January 1, 2019:

· Premier qualification dollar (PQD) requirement for Premier 1K status will be raised from $12,000 to $15,000.

· P-class fares will earn 150% Premier qualifying miles (PQM), reduced from 200%.

Premier upgrades

Effective on January 1, 2019:

· The way a Premier 1K member earns additional upgrades will be changing. For every 25,000 Premier qualifying miles (PQM) or 30 Premier qualifying segments (PQS) after qualifying for Premier 1K status, we’ll add one Global Premier Upgrades into your account. No additional Regional Premier Upgrades can be earned after qualifying for Premier 1K status.

More details can be found here: www.mileageplusupdates.com

- UA Insider
Originally Posted by mrt88
Good news! I got written confirmation from 1kvoice on the below:
We will honor 200% Premier Qualifying Mile (PQM) accrual for tickets purchased before September 28, 2018 for travel on/after January 1, 2019.

• A manual adjustment to 200% PQM accrual for P-fare flown segments can be made post-departure at the customer’s request.
• Any tickets purchased after September 28, 2018, for travel on/after January 1, 2019 are only eligible to receive 150% PQM accrual.

Related threads
United's New Boarding Process (with Wiki) [starting 18 Sep 2018]
Partner P fare earning after 1 Jan 2019
Print Wikipost

Updates to MP Premier Program -1K PQD $15K, P fare 150%, fewer RPU, Bag waiver & more

Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by UAlongtime
Flying IAD-MEX on 1/28 and using GPU (wait listed). UA GS agent said 120 hour upgrade window for GS no longer applies. Now, it's 72 hours. Does that sound right? Thank you.
Probably mixed up with the 72-hour rule for forcing GS instrument upgrades into positive space if J3 or higher. 120 is for CPUs being eligible; 72h is pushing your GPU.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Can anyone confirm please 1K allowance on a domestic segment after a stopover in USA, of an international business itinerary (PZ actually from Europe). Logically the three bags on the long haul segment must continue on the domestic segment, correct?

I certainly agree with several comments above about the lack of clarity - how can you publish calculators and itineraries only pricing two bags, stating $200 for the third, and then giving vague guidelines for an exemption. How hard would it be to publish explicit pricing for 3 bags in the interactive calculators, or in the itinerary.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Can anyone confirm please 1K allowance on a domestic segment after a stopover in USA, of an international business itinerary (PZ actually from Europe).
Why would it be any different from your normal allowance as a 1K on a UA operated flight, which is always 3 bags @70 lbs?

Mileage Plus Benefits
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Can anyone confirm please 1K allowance on a domestic segment after a stopover in USA, of an international business itinerary (PZ actually from Europe). Logically the three bags on the long haul segment must continue on the domestic segment, correct?
A US domestic segment? Meaning, operated by United? 3x70lbs; that's UA's minimum allowance for 1K members.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Originally Posted by jsloan
A US domestic segment? Meaning, operated by United? 3x70lbs; that's UA's minimum allowance for 1K members.
Great, thanks
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: UAGS
Thank you.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I'm noticing a fair number of Z options under +$300 from West Coast- Fla and some $200 options for midcons like SFO-MSP. Earning 200% PQMs.
Has Z become the new P?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I'm noticing a fair number of Z options under +$300 from West Coast- Fla and some $200 options for midcons like SFO-MSP. Earning 200% PQMs.
Has Z become the new P?
Not sure the question here?

When they dropped F and A, they realigned the lower booking codes also. FAZP went to JCDZP (note the extra rbd) and whereas A/Z/P matched to U/V/-, C/D/Z/P is E/Q/S/-. The net result is that the minimum matching fare for Z dropped from V to S, which means quite a lot more things pricing into Z.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by findark
Not sure the question here?
That Z with 200% PQMs is dropping in at about the same price as P (which is now 150%) was last year.
That F seating and PQMs are available for about 10-12 cpm adder in price similar what it was for P in 2018. (mine averaged 9-10 cpm)
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:16 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Has Z become the new P?
That has been my experience so far: Z bookings on trans- and mid-cons are pricing pretty much where P used to. Granted, I am much less date-sensitive and can pick days & routes easily, but that was the case before when I was booking them in P, too.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Wrote to MP about getting the 200% adjustment on a pre-Sept 28 P fare after the outbound leg. Got told to pound sand, just before being told how much my business is valued; the irony almost surely lost on the sender. Will wait until we complete the return leg and try calling.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
That Z with 200% PQMs is dropping in at about the same price as P (which is now 150%) was last year.
That F seating and PQMs are available for about 10-12 cpm adder in price similar what it was for P in 2018. (mine averaged 9-10 cpm)
On my primary route (AUS-EWR-AUS), the P fare pricing is about the same or slightly higher than last year and Z is roughly $40 more each way most of the time. So it is an extra spend for me, albeit a small one.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Michilander
Wrote to MP about getting the 200% adjustment on a pre-Sept 28 P fare after the outbound leg. Got told to pound sand, just before being told how much my business is valued; the irony almost surely lost on the sender. Will wait until we complete the return leg and try calling.
Write again after your trip is complete and all the mileage/PQD/etc posts. Give the travel details and your MP info (also for companions if applicable) and include the verbiage (toward the beginning of this thread) where a UA rep said they would honor the 200% P fare purchases. You simply got a bad agent. I've had 100% success in getting proper credit for my P fares for myself and travel companions. Issue was handled in about a day or so each time.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by gmt4
Write again after your trip is complete and all the mileage/PQD/etc posts. Give the travel details and your MP info (also for companions if applicable) and include the verbiage (toward the beginning of this thread) where a UA rep said they would honor the 200% P fare purchases. You simply got a bad agent. I've had 100% success in getting proper credit for my P fares for myself and travel companions. Issue was handled in about a day or so each time.
;Thanks a bunch for the tip.

By the way, would you recommend responding to the reply I already got, or submit a new request?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Michilander
;Thanks a bunch for the tip.

By the way, would you recommend responding to the reply I already got, or submit a new request?
Just submit a new request and spell it all out clearly. Easiest that way. Might have confused the agent this time since the travel wasn’t complete yet. I wouldn’t worry, they will solve it.
jsloan and 8MiHi like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.