Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Updates to MP Premier Program -1K PQD $15K, P fare 150%, fewer RPU, Bag waiver & more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Today we’re introducing a few updates for members with MileagePlus Premier® status — some of which are already in effect and some that will come later. These updates include added benefits related to boarding groups and baggage allowances, as well as adjustments to our upgrade structure and Premier 1K® status qualification requirements.

Better boarding

Effective on September 18, 2018

· Premier® 1K® members will be called to board during pre-boarding ahead of Group 1

· Premier Gold members will now board with Boarding Group1, previous in Group 2

Baggage allowance for Premier members

Effective on September 28, 2018:

All Premier® members, regardless of Premier status, will receive the same standard weight allowance for checked baggage: 70 lbs. (32 kg.)

Additionally:

· All Premier members flying in United Business®, United First®, or United Polaris® business class are allowed up to three bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.

· Premier Gold members flying in United Economy® between the U.S. and Europe are allowed three bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.

· Premier Silver members flying in United Economy between the U.S. and Europe are allowed two bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.

Premier qualification requirements

Effective on January 1, 2019:

· Premier qualification dollar (PQD) requirement for Premier 1K status will be raised from $12,000 to $15,000.

· P-class fares will earn 150% Premier qualifying miles (PQM), reduced from 200%.

Premier upgrades

Effective on January 1, 2019:

· The way a Premier 1K member earns additional upgrades will be changing. For every 25,000 Premier qualifying miles (PQM) or 30 Premier qualifying segments (PQS) after qualifying for Premier 1K status, we’ll add one Global Premier Upgrades into your account. No additional Regional Premier Upgrades can be earned after qualifying for Premier 1K status.

More details can be found here: www.mileageplusupdates.com

- UA Insider
Originally Posted by mrt88
Good news! I got written confirmation from 1kvoice on the below:
We will honor 200% Premier Qualifying Mile (PQM) accrual for tickets purchased before September 28, 2018 for travel on/after January 1, 2019.

• A manual adjustment to 200% PQM accrual for P-fare flown segments can be made post-departure at the customer’s request.
• Any tickets purchased after September 28, 2018, for travel on/after January 1, 2019 are only eligible to receive 150% PQM accrual.

Related threads
United's New Boarding Process (with Wiki) [starting 18 Sep 2018]
Partner P fare earning after 1 Jan 2019
Print Wikipost

Updates to MP Premier Program -1K PQD $15K, P fare 150%, fewer RPU, Bag waiver & more

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomwhom
New reply this AM, finally a good agent just after I gave up:

Dear Mr. C.:

Thanks for your follow up.

I apologize for the previous agents email. I have made the PQM adjustment to the NH flight.

As a Premier 1K member, we value your business. Thank you for choosing United and MileagePlus.

Regards,

T. D.

MileagePlus® Lead Representative
Thanks for following up and giving everyone a standard of reference! ^
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fumje
Did your NH legs with fare class P credit with 200% PQM? If not you should push for adjustment of those. P on NH formerly earned 200% PQM.
UA has not traditionally offered retroactive credit when partner earnings change, and its comments with respect to this particular change have been limited to UA metal.

If OP got them to adjust partner earnings, that was a gift.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
UA has not traditionally offered retroactive credit when partner earnings change, and its comments with respect to this particular change have been limited to UA metal.

If OP got them to adjust partner earnings, that was a gift.
Hm, I wasn't aware that extended to PQM, for which UA doesn't have to pay partners. I am sure the terms of MP give them the right to amend at any time and reference to flight date (as they typically phrase the *A credit pages), but I do think it should be per the stated earnings on the purchase date. Nevertheless, I'd guess the majority of MP members don't fuss with it.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I would try emailing 1K Voice on the first one. If you get a positive response, then keep replying to that same email chain for each subsequent flight, so if you get an agent who's not aware, he/she will see from the previous emails that it was okay.
Didn't see your post in time. I did call the 1K line and asked for MP account support. Agent was initially reluctant, starting giving me a lesson about P fares. Eventually I got through to her, but she said she needed to get an supervisor to give the final ok. While I was on the phone I saw the account updating. She never got back on the line and after 22 minutes the call was disconnected by her. As long as I get credited the right amount I have no complaints.

Last edited by Exleftseat; Jan 13, 2019 at 7:01 am
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
I have a combination of NH and UA flights that did not credit properly. (SFO-SIN, SIN-NRT, NRT-IAD, IAD-EWR ... quite a lot of PQMs)

My initial email to 1kvoice came back:

"Members earn award miles on most United and United Express flights based on the ticket price (base fare plus carrier-imposed surcharges) rather than the distance flown. This also applies to most flights operated by a Star Alliance or MileagePlus airline partner issued by United with a ticket number starting with 016."

I had attached the original email, looks like they didn't read it:

"If you purchased a P class fare prior to the announcement date of September 28, 2018, for travel in 2019, we will honor the 200% Premier qualifying mile accrual. Please contact us after the flights post to your account."
I will send them another email, see what happens.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Unlike most in this thread I am not a 1K member, only Platinum. I requested a PQM adjustment on a P fare EWR-LAX leg I took on January 12 that was purchased in August, before the policy change. I sent an email to the Mileage Plus service center and received this favorable response today (the adjustment has been made):
Dear xxxx:

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. We’re glad to hear from you.

I’m sorry we didn’t give you proper credit for your flight(s).

The adjustments have been made to your account and can be viewed online at united.com. Any needed modifications to the following types of postings have been made and will display online individually as Adjustments.
  • Award miles
  • Premier bonus miles
  • Premier qualifying miles
  • Premier qualifying points
  • Premier qualifying dollars
As a Premier Platinum member, we value your business. Thank you for choosing United and MileagePlus.

Regards,
jsloan and twomonger like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
Hm, I wasn't aware that extended to PQM, for which UA doesn't have to pay partners. I am sure the terms of MP give them the right to amend at any time and reference to flight date (as they typically phrase the *A credit pages), but I do think it should be per the stated earnings on the purchase date. Nevertheless, I'd guess the majority of MP members don't fuss with it.
is there confirmation either way that United won’t/cant adjust PQM on partner flights? Most of my international P class flying is on partner airlines not UA.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
is there confirmation either way that United won’t/cant adjust PQM on partner flights? Most of my international P class flying is on partner airlines not UA.
There have been reports in each direction.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Thanks Kacee - I got an initial non-response response that just explained that there had been a change in PQM accruals for P but didn't address my question regarding my flights booked prior to the September announcement. Rather than bickering, I'm going to wait for all of this weekends legs and another trip in two weeks to post, then follow up regarding all of them. This weekend was AC SFO-YVR - DEL-YVR - SFO, and two weeks from now is ANA SFO-YVR-HND-TSA-HND-YVR-SFP. So I'll see if there's any different between AC or ANA.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
Thanks Kacee - I got an initial non-response response that just explained that there had been a change in PQM accruals for P but didn't address my question regarding my flights booked prior to the September announcement. Rather than bickering, I'm going to wait for all of this weekends legs and another trip in two weeks to post, then follow up regarding all of them. This weekend was AC SFO-YVR - DEL-YVR - SFO, and two weeks from now is ANA SFO-YVR-HND-TSA-HND-YVR-SFP. So I'll see if there's any different between AC or ANA.
I got the same non-response as well, but I went back to them stating that the ticket was purchased prior to September. I think they needed to be reminded of the ticket purchase date - and thus I got the credit: "I have made the PQM adjustments to your account. You should see the adjustments within the next 24 hours if not earlier. As a Premier 1K member, we value your business. Thank you for choosing United and MileagePlus. "
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I had a reservation with 3 of us, mixture of UA and LX. Took some teeth pulling, multiple calls and emails, one rude agent, and mixups resulting in one getting the miles but not all, but finally all 3 of us got the full 200% PQM, thankfully.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:00 am

Well, I am finished with my flights and each and everyone has been adjusted over the phone once i mentioned the written reply from a 1K voice lead agent. Very satisfied.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I'm glad that this thread was bumped up yesterday, as it reminded me to write in to 1KVoice about an early January P fare itinerary that fell in the 200% per-accumulation change exception.

I noted the flights, and attached an e-ticket receipt that noted the date of purchase, and was astounded to receive a reply in < two hours on a Wednesday night noting that my account had been credited with the extra 50% PQM. These were posted as "Mileage Plus Premier Accelerator" miles.

I have a TPAC itinerary on NH that would fall under the 200% PQM exception, but that won't occur until late March. It will be interesting to see what happens when I request the adjustment on that on.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: UAGS
UA GS 120 hour upgrade rule changed?

Flying IAD-MEX on 1/28 and using GPU (wait listed). UA GS agent said 120 hour upgrade window for GS no longer applies. Now, it's 72 hours. Does that sound right? Thank you.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UAlongtime
Flying IAD-MEX on 1/28 and using GPU (wait listed). UA GS agent said 120 hour upgrade window for GS no longer applies. Now, it's 72 hours. Does that sound right? Thank you.
This 1K got a CPU at about 96 hours last week, so if GS window now opens at 72 hours, I'm fine with that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.