Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Updates to MP Premier Program -1K PQD $15K, P fare 150%, fewer RPU, Bag waiver & more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Today we’re introducing a few updates for members with MileagePlus Premier® status — some of which are already in effect and some that will come later. These updates include added benefits related to boarding groups and baggage allowances, as well as adjustments to our upgrade structure and Premier 1K® status qualification requirements.

Better boarding

Effective on September 18, 2018

· Premier® 1K® members will be called to board during pre-boarding ahead of Group 1

· Premier Gold members will now board with Boarding Group1, previous in Group 2

Baggage allowance for Premier members

Effective on September 28, 2018:

All Premier® members, regardless of Premier status, will receive the same standard weight allowance for checked baggage: 70 lbs. (32 kg.)

Additionally:

· All Premier members flying in United Business®, United First®, or United Polaris® business class are allowed up to three bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.

· Premier Gold members flying in United Economy® between the U.S. and Europe are allowed three bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.

· Premier Silver members flying in United Economy between the U.S. and Europe are allowed two bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.

Premier qualification requirements

Effective on January 1, 2019:

· Premier qualification dollar (PQD) requirement for Premier 1K status will be raised from $12,000 to $15,000.

· P-class fares will earn 150% Premier qualifying miles (PQM), reduced from 200%.

Premier upgrades

Effective on January 1, 2019:

· The way a Premier 1K member earns additional upgrades will be changing. For every 25,000 Premier qualifying miles (PQM) or 30 Premier qualifying segments (PQS) after qualifying for Premier 1K status, we’ll add one Global Premier Upgrades into your account. No additional Regional Premier Upgrades can be earned after qualifying for Premier 1K status.

More details can be found here: www.mileageplusupdates.com

- UA Insider
Originally Posted by mrt88
Good news! I got written confirmation from 1kvoice on the below:
We will honor 200% Premier Qualifying Mile (PQM) accrual for tickets purchased before September 28, 2018 for travel on/after January 1, 2019.

• A manual adjustment to 200% PQM accrual for P-fare flown segments can be made post-departure at the customer’s request.
• Any tickets purchased after September 28, 2018, for travel on/after January 1, 2019 are only eligible to receive 150% PQM accrual.

Related threads
United's New Boarding Process (with Wiki) [starting 18 Sep 2018]
Partner P fare earning after 1 Jan 2019
Print Wikipost

Updates to MP Premier Program -1K PQD $15K, P fare 150%, fewer RPU, Bag waiver & more

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 5:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
has anyone done the math of flying all the PQS require , would PQD be reached buying Y class segments?

again just a curious question
There are members here who make GS flying almost exclusively domestic economy fares.
Old May 17, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
There are members here who make GS flying almost exclusively domestic economy fares.
those are true travel warriors!!!!
Old May 17, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
those are true travel warriors!!!!
Indeed. And I have absolutely no desire to be one of them!

Regards
Old May 17, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Condolences to them (and if applicable, their families)
Old May 17, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
That is astounding. If I gave UA ALL my travel AND I booked only P/Z fares (as I do), I would STILL not make GS. That said...presumably they book YBM fares which may cost a lot more than my P/Z fares.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I make GS on all domestic tickets (and two trips to Europe a year). All Z, P, C, and D.
Old May 18, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I make GS on all domestic tickets (and two trips to Europe a year). All Z, P, C, and D.
Those two Euro trips have to be the difference maker, right?...Z and P fares won't even get me close. If I flew nothing but UA on P and Z fares, I would probably be only around $35k which is well short of what I would think it takes.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:03 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by wco81
OK they game me a PQM adjustment of 2,684 for the outbound SFO-LHR segment.

I'm not sure but I think they credited 272 award miles for the MUC-BRIsegment on Air Dolomiti since my request as well.

Otherwise no adjustments for the RDM.

OK, on the return, they AGAIN gave me 150% PQM for the LHR-SFO return. So I contacted MP and the first response was they'd make an adjustment within 72 hours.

They didn't give me the PQM adjustment so I replied to their email and then this other agent claimed I purchased the ticket in November. I have the eTicket email dated 7/22/18.

I pointed out that I already got the adjustment for the outbound and included the eTicket email.

What morons MP customer service.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 23, 2019 at 3:04 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
For an extra $3K, I expect UA to update progress bar, not just change the "$12,000" label to "$15,000". The progress shown by the bar representation is the proportional progress to $12K, not $15k. Just a petty gripe...

iapetus and narvik like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
For an extra $3K, I expect UA to update progress bar, not just change the "$12,000" label to "$15,000". The progress shown by the bar representation is the proportional progress to $12K, not $15k. Just a petty gripe...

Don't worry, after you cross $15K, the bar won't be available to you anymore.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

img
I expect it will look totally nonsensical when you're between $12k and $15k.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
It Finally Happened, I Booked Z Instead Of P For EQM

Well, I swore I'd never do it, but it happened yesterday. While there were plenty of P fares available, I booked Z so I could make Gold next years. Being around y'all have made me a miles and status (*explicative*) now.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by seat38a
Well, I swore I'd never do it, but it happened yesterday. While there were plenty of P fares available, I booked Z so I could make Gold next years. Being around y'all have made me a miles and status (*explicative*) now.
Good for you! But were you trying to get PQMs or PQDs? EQMs must have been in a different program or many years ago.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Good for you! But were you trying to get PQMs or PQDs? EQMs must have been in a different program or many years ago.
PQM. Messed that one up.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:35 pm
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
I have been guilty of manually searching for a Z fare when a P fare gets returned to me multiple times this year in an effort to defend my GS invite. Likely in vain as it has only added $1-2K to my total PQD this year. Not much in the way of spread between P/Z for most of my usual legs this year outside of ORD <> LGA which can occasionally get some very cheap P fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.