Search

PN and it's relation to R, RN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental
PN and it's relation to R, RN

I understand that GS clears into PN.

If PN is high for a particular flight, let's say PN=9, does that mean there is a greater likely hood that R/RN will open?

I see some international flights where PN is 9 and R/RN is 0, I do not like waitlisting using a GPU, but is it better to do it on a flight where PN is positive rather than zero? Or does it make no difference at all?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
In my experience, when I have waitlisted in the past for RN space when PN was high, the waitlist has, at some stage, cleared. But you can't rely on it. My latest attempt may or may not work: a Q fare (the lowest available, so I'm not playing the lottery) with PN=9 and RN=0, for a flight over Christmas. We'll see....
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hockey7711
I understand that GS clears into PN.

If PN is high for a particular flight, let's say PN=9, does that mean there is a greater likely hood that R/RN will open?

I see some international flights where PN is 9 and R/RN is 0, I do not like waitlisting using a GPU, but is it better to do it on a flight where PN is positive rather than zero? Or does it make no difference at all?
The short answer is that yes, PN9 is an indicator that there is a lot of premium cabin availability. As far as a greater likelihood of R opening, it depends on how close to departure you are, and what the route is. It sounds like you already know this, but R>0 will not happen with PN0.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.