Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Experimenting with Different Colored Boarding Passes?

UA Experimenting with Different Colored Boarding Passes?

Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OpenSky
CO always had blue and gold boarding passes on super thin paper stock. So thin it was pointless.
Ticket jackets disappeared in 2005-2006.
First-class (also used intermittently for elites) were blue ticket jackets with a yellow/gold bar across the top, standard was blue with a gold border.

At least IME jackets lasted a lot longer than 05/06 -- I want to say 09/10 but would have to dig through my travel ephemera bin to know for sure. I started flying CO when I moved to CLE in '05 and jackets were around for quite a while after I got here -- but I think CO was one of the latter holdouts in the US/domestic ticket jacket world.

Agent-printed BPs were always better than the toilet paper that the kiosks produced.

Incidentally, my (now) wife and my wedding invites were heavily inspired by the old CO ticket jackets and agent-printed BPs. Long time agents (both pmCO and pmUA) I showed them to loved 'em and reminisced about the old days

[Yes, I'm an airline geek. We got married in a wonderful Scottish castle, and the invites were a compromise... I had tried convincing her to let us get married on-board an aircraft in maintenance -- walk down the literal aisle, then hop out on an escape slide. And she still married me ]
findark likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
On mobile app:
Gold = GS
Teal = 1K/Plat
I never got a teal BP as a Plat, but for my first flight as a 1K again tomorrow, I have a teal BP.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
On mobile app:
Gold = GS
Teal = 1K/Plat
Oh that won't be confusing in the least.

So now we have boarding group numbers, boarding lane numbers, and boarding pass colors which differ from the named status colors.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.