Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Almond / Soy / Oat Milk Availability on UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Almond / Soy / Oat Milk Availability on UA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
I keep In my checked bags a couple of S/S steel thermal containers.
That really doesn't help with using it for an onboard meal.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I don't drink milk and think it would be great if non-dairy alternatives were available in-flight. I would even be open to the cereal breakfast option, which I always decline. I've tried in the past bringing a small 8 oz. container with me, but it won't get past TSA. I can claim it as medicinal, but then they require you open the container to test the contents (which obviously defeats the purpose).

Has anyone ever seen travel size non-dairy milk for sale in an airside shop? In EWR, the OTC shops have all kinds of odd food items, but I don't recall ever seeing this.
Just answered my own question. Found this at the big food court in EWR C3 concourse today.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I've tried in the past bringing a small 8 oz. container with me, but it won't get past TSA. I can claim it as medicinal, but then they require you open the container to test the contents (which obviously defeats the purpose).
Since Miss Swede was allergic to dairy (officially outgrown two weeks ago--yay!), we carried a few shelf-stable containers of soy milk and/or rice milk during our travels. We were usually stopped by TSA, but they've never opened the containers since they were already factory sealed. We always tell them that we have a doctor's note, but they've never asked to see it.
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.