Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The Points' Guy Interview with UA CCO and COO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Points' Guy Interview with UA CCO and COO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Wait, UA and CO hasn't yet integrated their crew?! It's been... 8 years?

I believe AA has already integrated their pmAA and pmUS crews?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by smxflyer
Hart: Stay tuned. We’re going to be making quite a bit of investment in Dulles in the next year or two, and it goes beyond just what the customer sees as they pass through our terminal. There are a lot of infrastructure investments we need to make, but it’s a great hub for us, does very well. As we move forward, we’re going to be making some investments that will really impact the customer experience as well. It will be significant. It will be noticeable to our customers.
My first thought upon reading this was an automated baggage handling system.
oopsz likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Wait, UA and CO hasn't yet integrated their crew?! It's been... 8 years?

I believe AA has already integrated their pmAA and pmUS crews?
We integrate Oct 1. AA & US do as well.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
I'm concerned that GPUs will only be from Y to PE and no longer from Y to C. That's how I read the tea leaves. I
Exactly
Worst case: Huge devaluation of GPU (and 1K) from Y to PE instead of C. (Ofcourse, there is no limit to how much worse "worst case" could be)
Best case: Allow all or some elites to choose PE for free like E+. I think unlikely
Markie and Silver Fox like this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by eng3
Exactly
Worst case: Huge devaluation of GPU (and 1K) from Y to PE instead of C. (Ofcourse, there is no limit to how much worse "worst case" could be)
Best case: Allow all or some elites to choose PE for free like E+. I think unlikely
I don't think that there is a snowball's chance in hell that 1K will be allowed to choose PE for free. And if the upgrade lottery goes from Y to PE, instead of Y to C, then it will make me rethink who I fly with. E+ is bad enough on the 10 across, no way will I do E.
tryathlete likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by eng3
Exactly
Compromise Downgrade: 1 GPU gets you a space avail upgrade Y-PE and DoD onward upgrade to C. Rewards people who buy PE, even close in, but doesn't shut the door on Y folks (and gets them more certain access to a better product).
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Wishful thinking maybe? RPUs for PE..maybe even at a cost of two per upgrade.. GPUs stay the same.
jasonp622 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by gmt4
Wishful thinking maybe? RPUs for PE..maybe even at a cost of two per upgrade...
Or a single RPU for PE with the purchase of a higher Y fare class.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At peak times, IAD needs an automated passenger handling system.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
I read their attitude as a bit smug and self-satisfied. Am i off base?
Markie, BearX220 and Silver Fox like this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by manstein58
I read their attitude as a bit smug and self-satisfied. Am i off base?
You're not ... it was a lot of rah-rah BS
Silver Fox and manstein58 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by gmt4
Wishful thinking maybe? RPUs for PE..maybe even at a cost of two per upgrade.. GPUs stay the same.
I just really don't see them restricting a GPU to Y->PE only. Thats going to piss off pretty much 100% of the 1K/GS population. I can see GPU Y (W or higher) ->C or PE (Any) ->C and maybe RPU Y (Select Class) -> PE. But we will see. There have not been a whole lot of Flier Friendly changes at any airline in the recent years.

I'm also interested in see what UA prices PE at. I've been looking at some PE on other airlines and the difference between PE and a P-Fare is ~500 R/T. for that money, I'll take the up front seating over PE.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Like - finally moving gate C and D to where they were originally planned to be when they built the AeroTrain?

AeroTrain at Washington Dulles International Airport Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Exactly... a new baggage sort/handling system has been high on the list for United at IAD, and will cost a pretty penny. I'm sure cosmetic improvements are factored in, too, but there's only so much you can do with the "bones" of C/D.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
If GPUs/miles+copay upgrades turn into Y->PE only I will have to rethink who I fly with. These days, I take international trips where the R space is and a good fare. If that goes away, there is no more point in me flying UA. Would just have to become a free agent and go for cheap J fares for Europe and Asia.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:26 pm
GDL

Programs: VB, UA, AM
Originally Posted by drowelf
I just really don't see them restricting a GPU to Y->PE only. Thats going to piss off pretty much 100% of the 1K/GS population. I can see GPU Y (W or higher) ->C or PE (Any) ->C and maybe RPU Y (Select Class) -> PE. But we will see. There have not been a whole lot of Flier Friendly changes at any airline in the recent years.
This. I also think it'll be more aligned with the fare class purchased. We'll have to wait and see how PE will be priced first, maybe the price of PE won't be too far off what many the additional cost it takes to buy to a W fare (or higher) for GPU use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.