Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The Points' Guy Interview with UA CCO and COO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold

https://thepointsguy.com/news/how-un...th-ua-leaders/

Hot off the press. Well, posted about an hour ago. Interesting read, IMHO.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:46 am

Yes, very interesting comments about premium economy and IAD.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K
Oh, OK:

We will have some announcements probably in the next 60 days on how [premium economy] integrates into the frequent-flyer program, which many of our flyers are most interested to hear.
60 days is mid-November, after elites have flown all year to (re-)qualify. I really hope they don't devalue elite benefits for 2019, but....
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by symphonicman
Oh, OK:

60 days is mid-November, after elites have flown all year to (re-)qualify. I really hope they don't devalue elite benefits for 2019, but....
that's what caught my eye too... maybe this explains what has been causing P fares to show with weird PQMs lately (i've had this on and off)?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:49 am

TPG: United is shifting much connecting traffic to Dulles from Newark, but the Dulles midfield terminal is outdated and cramped. Why hasn’t there been broad support to replace the nearly 35-year-old “temporary” midfield terminal at IAD?

Hart: Stay tuned. We’re going to be making quite a bit of investment in Dulles in the next year or two, and it goes beyond just what the customer sees as they pass through our terminal.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway

*VERY* interesting comments about IAD. Thank goodness.

A lot of IAD flyers have been asking the same question.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
We’re going to be making quite a bit of investment in Dulles in the next year or two, and it goes beyond just what the customer sees as they pass through our terminal.

This statement is incredibly weird. It makes it sound like UA is going to build a maintenance hanger or something like that at IAD. While helpful to the airline, not at all what suffering IAD pax are really looking for.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by seenitall
We’re going to be making quite a bit of investment in Dulles in the next year or two, and it goes beyond just what the customer sees as they pass through our terminal.

This statement is incredibly weird. It makes it sound like UA is going to build a maintenance hanger or something like that at IAD. While helpful to the airline, not at all what suffering IAD pax are really looking for.
Hart: Stay tuned. We’re going to be making quite a bit of investment in Dulles in the next year or two, and it goes beyond just what the customer sees as they pass through our terminal. There are a lot of infrastructure investments we need to make, but it’s a great hub for us, does very well. As we move forward, we’re going to be making some investments that will really impact the customer experience as well. It will be significant. It will be noticeable to our customers.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Like - finally moving gate C and D to where they were originally planned to be when they built the AeroTrain?

AeroTrain at Washington Dulles International Airport | Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Like - finally moving gate C and D to where they were originally planned to be when they built the AeroTrain?

AeroTrain at Washington Dulles International Airport Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Doubtful. I think best case will be something like they've done at LAX.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The company has already started talking about rebanking the IAD operations.

That could also very easily be interpreted as the investments described.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Look out here it comes

Worst case/best case FFP changes from Premium Economy have my ears fully perked up. As a decade long 1K, Premium Economy could answer a lot of my disdain for the UG lottery with GPUs.
worldwidedreamer and GDL like this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
I'm concerned that GPUs will only be from Y to PE and no longer from Y to C. That's how I read the tea leaves. I
Markie, BeanTownBoy and mrt88 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway
pretty wishy-washy words...considerable investment could just mean creating the Polaris Lounge

Originally Posted by sbm12
The company has already started talking about rebanking the IAD operations.
https://twitter.com/e_russell/status...34764255145985

That could also very easily be interpreted as the investments described.
Yeah, talk about more flights with current gates (banking) just suggests to me that the already overcrowded and pathetic C/D Dulles terminal will just become more overcrowded (and, hence, more pathetic).

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 13, 2018 at 9:20 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Big yawning gap in the Southeast that UA is going to paper over at IAD? Good luck with that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.