Automatic Upgrade Request Inhibitor

Old Sep 24, 18, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LordHamster View Post
My wife and I rarely fly together for various reasons... but when we do, I'm always glad to get the CPU. She and I will then generally alternate who gets to sit there. We have been married long enough to where we are ok with sitting apart for an hour.
My wife and I do the same although it seems that we always travel together on long international long hauls. When she travels with me on one of my work trips, if I get upgraded by the airline, I sit up front on the way to my meeting, she sits up front on the return. Sometimes, she books an award for herself in an upper class: if I don't get upgraded, she gives me her seat on the way to my meeting, she remains in her seat on the return.
chavala likes this.
Old Sep 24, 18, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by COSPILOT View Post
I was traveling to a company meeting, and as luck would have it, a colleague was on my same flight. I as a 1K scored the upgrade, she had zero status and sat in the back. Somehow she fit that into her presentation and resented me ever since. Privately she thought I should have given her my seat. I honestly didn't know what to say to her, but I was annoyed that she started her presentation with singling me out about the trip.
Her words: "My husband is a 1K and always gives me his seat when we travel together". My response was that I do the same for my wife, but you aren't her, I simply work with you. Nevertheless, she made my life a living hell as she had favoritism with our boss and I finally gave in and left the company.
My response to her wouldn't be fit for a public forum but I'd have been tempted to respond along the lines of "I do the same for my wife but she always _______ when we travel together. Am I to understand you want to do the same?" As stated before, she's an execrable horrible excuse for a human being.

In fairness, I didn't realize she was on my flight until we saw each other at the gate. At that point the best I could offer is letting her board with me in group 1, which she refused.
The only thing unfair in what you posted was her treatment of you and her assumption that you should have given her your upgrade.
Old Sep 24, 18, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe View Post
My response to her wouldn't be fit for a public forum but I'd have been tempted to respond along the lines of "I do the same for my wife but she always _______ when we travel together. Am I to understand you want to do the same?" As stated before, she's an execrable horrible excuse for a human being.

The only thing unfair in what you posted was her treatment of you and her assumption that you should have given her your upgrade.
i got the last laugh as I started my company recently and report to nobody (except to the wife of course). Making double the money working more reasonable hours.

will mean much less travel, and clawing my back to 1K will likely never happen again. Iím ok with that.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: