FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   What Biz buckets on Air India credit to United MP? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1928562-what-biz-buckets-air-india-credit-united-mp.html)

ozstamps Sep 2, 2018 9:04 am

What Biz buckets on Air India credit to United MP?

Looking at booking some Bix ticket SYD-DEL-IXB round trip on Air India website.

These book into Z/J/J/Z buckets on Air India. I assume these earn United MP miles if I add our MP numbers in to bookings - UA website was a bit unclear to me.

Anyone know how many MP miles/PQM these earn?

Thanks in advance for any input. :D

JMBResona Sep 2, 2018 10:45 am

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/mileageplus/earn-miles/airline-partners/air-india.html

If non 016 ticket, for RDM, J credits 125% distance flown, Z credits 100%.

For PQM, both earn 124% distance flown.

Halo117 Sep 2, 2018 10:45 am

RDM
Z segments 100%
J segments 125%

PQM
All segments 125%. Min 625 pqm if flight is less than 500 miles.

No PQD if not on 016 stock.

ozstamps Sep 2, 2018 6:40 pm

Thanks Folks - most helpful. :D

Ticket will be issued by Air India so assume will not be 016 ticket stock. ;)

uastarflyer Sep 2, 2018 6:43 pm

And I believe OZ based folks need not worry about PQD...

OZstamps - it may be J but it is AI - set expectations accordingly. :)

ozstamps Sep 2, 2018 7:26 pm

Yes, no PDQ to bother with. :)

I've had several Air India 13 hour flights SYD-DEL-DEL, and their 787s are very nice IMHO. :D

Give me those for long flights any day, over 70 year old United gum chewing Transpac Grannies and: "We got the Chickin or Bif or Pastar, but we are out of The Chickin and Bif now, and we forgot to chill the wine. Have a nice day. "

SFHokie Sep 2, 2018 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps (Post 30160070)
Give me those for long flights any day, over 70 year old United gum chewing Transpac Grannies and: "We got the Chickin or Bif or Pastar, but we are out of The Chickin and Bif now, and we forgot to chill the wine. Have a nice day. "

Fly who you want to and how you want to, but there's no need to be cruel to the hard working cabin crews on any airline, let along United.

Personally I really enjoy the cabin crews I've had TPAC. Living where I do, I feel like I'm back in America the moment I step on the plane. It's a nice change from the other culture shocks that seem to be the norm here.

ozstamps, you said you really like the Air India 787 ... what make them better birds than the United ones in your opinion? I find myself choosing between Air India, Lufthansa, Swiss, Thai, and SAS for an upcoming biz trip to CPH and have only experienced Thai (once, in 2013).

ozstamps Sep 2, 2018 9:10 pm

I must have done 100 x OZ-USA-OZ flights on UA over the years in Biz and First, and am totally over the UA superannuated senior staffers who bid and got that route, based on Year Seniority only.

2 or 3 cushy turns a month and their roster was done. It is not being "cruel", it is being honest.

The only "Cruel" part is when some lazy senior citizen wearing a WalMart smock, bellows the "wine" is not chilled as we forgot to do it etc. But if that sloppy and lazy and totally disinterested stuff "reminds you of home" - your call. :D

From Asia you have very good choice to Europe. Aircraft type is a huge factor of course. For example, the ancient TG Biz seats in 747s they fly to SYD are now Tier 3, and are not even lie flat, but we flew TG First to Europe mid year on A380s, and that is very nice. Their older 777s are not so hot either, so I always check what is on each route. I totally avoid TG on many routes now.

Flew Air China in July on the direct Sydney-Chengdu-SYD on an A330, and really loved those seats. You are in China right?

Anyway all is off-topic to Air India ticketing. :)